PDA

View Full Version : Preorder

will hughes
09-14-2010, 06:44 PM
I preordered my copy of f1 2010 today and the man in the shop said that this is a small game and they have to order it in for me.

Is it me or does is it seem strange it is a "small game" yet it is a massive sport?

let me know what you think.

will.

xLMx1994
09-14-2010, 07:08 PM
I preordered my copy of f1 2010 today and the man in the shop said that this is a small game and they have to order it in for me.

Is it me or does is it seem strange it is a "small game" yet it is a massive sport?

will.

where are you from? if you are american, then most people dont follow it in america, even though it is a big sport

James Medway
09-14-2010, 07:09 PM
What shop was that?

I believe it will be fairly big, theres a huge amount of racing game fans out there and a f1 game hasn't been released for 5 years, even if people aren't that interested in f1 it's still a brand new racing game that gamers will want to check out

will hughes
09-14-2010, 07:14 PM
I live in england and it was gamestation. I am wandering if he just wanted me to preorder it.

xLMx1994
09-14-2010, 07:23 PM
What shop was that?

I believe it will be fairly big, theres a huge amount of racing game fans out there and a f1 game hasn't been released for 5 years, even if people aren't that interested in f1 it's still a brand new racing game that gamers will want to check out

i agree that loads of people will want to play this. the only thing that will put people off is no demo to try it out.

will hughes
09-14-2010, 07:35 PM
i agree that loads of people will want to play this. the only thing that will put people off is no demo to try it out.

I see what you are saying and I would love a demo aswell but it is either:

1. They are adding the finishing touches instead of a demo.

or

2. The game is bad and they do not want to give peoploe a chance to play it until they have already brought it.

I personally think the first one.

how about you guys?

xLMx1994
09-14-2010, 07:42 PM
I see what you are saying and I would love a demo aswell but it is either:

1. They are adding the finishing touches instead of a demo.

or

2. The game is bad and they do not want to give peoploe a chance to play it until they have already brought it.

I personally think the first one.

how about you guys?

they finished the game about a week ago but said there wasnt enough time for a demo

tgas416
09-14-2010, 07:48 PM
ya but what ever no big deal if people aren't sure, they could watch a review or something. im mean it's not as good as trying it out for your self but what ever what can you do right.

xLMx1994
09-14-2010, 07:51 PM
ya but what ever no big deal if people aren't sure, they could watch a review or something. im mean it's not as good as trying it out for your self but what ever what can you do right.

thats what i did with race pro, watched a review and it said it was crap. i still got it though and still enjoyed it.

tgas416
09-14-2010, 08:06 PM
thats what i did with race pro, watched a review and it said it was crap. i still got it though and still enjoyed it.
ya the review doesn't have to be good if you like what you see then you buy it lol

will hughes
09-14-2010, 08:24 PM
I think it will be good tbh.

xLMx1994
09-14-2010, 08:26 PM
I think it will be good tbh.

so do i. cant wait. counting down the days

tgas416
09-14-2010, 09:05 PM
same more hyped for this then any game this year lol

will hughes
09-15-2010, 07:37 PM
same more hyped for this then any game this year lol F1 and Black Ops and I got reach yesterday aswell.

xLMx1994
09-15-2010, 07:46 PM
F1 and Black Ops and I got reach yesterday aswell.

for racing nuts like me, reach and black ops are not even on my list

James Medway
09-15-2010, 08:00 PM
for racing nuts like me, reach and black ops are not even on my list

Yeah same here, F1 and Fifa are the only games for me this year. Plus HALO and CALL OF DUTY are shite

xLMx1994
09-15-2010, 08:14 PM
Yeah same here, F1 and Fifa are the only games for me this year. Plus HALO and CALL OF DUTY are shite

yh most people love shooters but i dont personally see what is so good. i am and allways have been a huge racing fan. all i play is racing games other than fifa.

Edit: oh and gears. love gears. that is the only exception to the shooter thing

will hughes
09-15-2010, 08:33 PM
Dude F1 is gonna be good stuff.

tgas416
09-15-2010, 09:05 PM
Dude F1 is gonna be good stuff.
F1 and fifa are the game im looking froward and maybe reach when the becomes cheaper....btw fifa demo play's dirty lol just saying

supadryz
09-15-2010, 11:38 PM
I live in england and it was gamestation. I am wandering if he just wanted me to preorder it.

Lol. Have you seen the people who work in gamestation?? I would not take any advise from them.

Have to say i dont think it will be huge in the USA as its not that known over there, after all the americans are only use to seeing cars go round & round in circules. But this will be a huge game in europe.

tgas416
09-16-2010, 01:40 AM
Lol. Have you seen the people who work in gamestation?? I would not take any advise from them.

Have to say i dont think it will be huge in the USA as its not that known over there, after all the americans are only use to seeing cars go round & round in circules. But this will be a huge game in europe.
lol ya i hate nascar to...i just find it boring. and they don't make nascar games anymore lol cuz probably even Americans are sick of it lol.

MrBobbyBoucher9
09-16-2010, 07:02 AM
lol ya i hate nascar to...i just find it boring. and they don't make nascar games anymore lol cuz probably even Americans are sick of it lol.

Im American and i hate nascar... hate it love f1 and Indy cars
cait wait for this game either but hoping i can find it easy here.

xLMx1994
09-16-2010, 05:42 PM
Im American and i hate nascar... hate it love f1 and Indy cars
cait wait for this game either but hoping i can find it easy here.

indy cars is almost as good as F1. the only thing that puts me off is that i dont really know what is going on (only started watching it this year) as far as the drivers, teams and that go, and they go to the oval circuits which make me fall asleep. but on normal circuits indy car is awesome.

ScottCorno1987
09-16-2010, 11:36 PM

will.

It's a tiny game in comparision to what else is being released at this time.

Halo Reach and FIFA just before and after do not help things.

F1 games are seen as simulations, and it tends to me more the arcade style games (dirt) which sell well.

Dragon86
09-17-2010, 08:20 AM

NASCAR is featured in Gran Turismo 5 this year. There contract with EA Games ended due budget cuts and as you have alluded to, slumping sales.

I love NASCAR but even I'll admit that the EA games were not all that great in the end. NASCAR 08 was just terrible.

Personally I can't wait for F1 to come out.