PDA

View Full Version : stuck?

xVx PUNISHER
09-15-2010, 03:47 PM
I decided to play this on Hard first time through and skip the nightmare walkthrough (i hate replaying games on harder difficulties, i am fine with playing hard first and then easy to mop up the rest .... dunno why).

I am at chapter 2, got a checkpoint with 12 revolver rounds and about 5 taken or so, i can see a safe heaven, and occasionally i am able to reach it ... but leaving it = taken back on my back and i can't keep running forever it just doesn't work lol.

My question is, any tips? can i put the difficulty on normal? if i could would 12 bullets be good enough?

I absolutely love the story and the pacing, but this is killing it ..... damn me and my stupid habit of over hogging/using my resources randomly.

mentaljason
09-16-2010, 04:28 AM
You could put it on normal, but you would be giving up the hard achievement unless you restart the level. There is an option to restart level and you could then be more conservative of ammo. If you were on normal, the average enemies take 2 bullets. The big guys take 4 and a few fast guys take 1.
As far as advice if you really want this checkpoint on hard - when Alan Wake gets too tired to run or dodge, the fastest option is to jump around.
Hope this helps. Good luck

xVx PUNISHER
09-16-2010, 12:17 PM
Thanks man, glad to know the option exists ... although once am done 100% Halo reach i will try.