PDA

View Full Version : What lvl should I be for the fourth Dolce fight?

lukecharmander
09-16-2010, 06:31 PM
I'm playing the Encore game for the last achievements, I've done everything up to Chapter 6, gotten all EZI and score pieces except those in Ch.7, and I'm trying to beat Dolce for the final time -- why is this fourth one so much tougher than the others? She's dealing over 15,000 damage in a single hit with Galiote Staver and I'm currently only around lvl 38.

ozgoon56
09-17-2010, 01:23 AM
I'd say you've done well to get that far at only level 38. From memory I was around level 60 after I travelled back from beating Waltz to clean up all the outstanding stuff. If you can't beat them at your current level then go somewhere and boost your level a bit and try again. The mountain on the way to Waltz gives plenty of experience if you don't mind battling the wind as well.

ImaginaryRuins
09-17-2010, 07:15 AM
Agree with ozgoon 56, level 38 at Dolce 4th! Wow! You know, Dolce's gunshot, even blocked, can still be fatal if characters Defence is too low.

The purple floating mushroom heads on Mt. Rock are the best source of exp. before Chapter 7. I won't recommend moving onto the Xylophone Tower to grind exp. because with your current level the enemies there can beat you in no time.

I would say the best exp spot for you is the Aria Temple. Fight the ice mice. Their offence is not high but they can give you more than 10000 exp. for fighting 3 of them together.

BTW lukecharmander, which 3 characters do you use to fight Dolce?

ozgoon56
09-17-2010, 10:38 AM
I won't recommend moving onto the Xylophone Tower to grind exp. because with your current level the enemies there can beat you in no time.

You forgot the best reason for not going to Xylophone - you can't get back from there! ;)

TSG Dwaggie
09-19-2010, 05:47 AM
You forgot the best reason for not going to Xylophone - you can't get back from there! ;)

Um, correct me if I'm wrong, but yes yo can. It's second playthrough. As far as I'm aware, the only place where you cannot get back from is the bit where you fight Chopin right at the end.

P.S. This is what I get for supporting the game and buying it twice (European and US versions). I live in the UK, and my american 360 redringed. I'm having to take it apart wth my next door neighbour and try and fix it manually becase microsoft says it's out of warranty, even though I have only owned it for two months, which is a real kick in the balls >.<

TSG Dwaggie
09-19-2010, 05:50 AM
I'm playing the Encore game for the last achievements, I've done everything up to Chapter 6, gotten all EZI and score pieces except those in Ch.7, and I'm trying to beat Dolce for the final time -- why is this fourth one so much tougher than the others? She's dealing over 15,000 damage in a single hit with Galiote Staver and I'm currently only around lvl 38.

When I was playing second playthrough of Eternal Sonata, Europe version, I boosted my XP against those things that give you 3,000,000 gold each, the ones in the Mysterious Unison (or whatever the place is called where Claves needs you to get her soul). Those enemies are really easy to beat, no matter what the level. If you have Jazz with you at this point, give him an item that causes permanent burst, and also equip speed shoes, or some other speed-increasing item. Your experience, and gold, will go up extremely quickly.

ozgoon56
09-19-2010, 03:12 PM
Um, correct me if I'm wrong, but yes yo can. It's second playthrough. As far as I'm aware, the only place where you cannot get back from is the bit where you fight Chopin right at the end.

P.S. This is what I get for supporting the game and buying it twice (European and US versions). I live in the UK, and my american 360 redringed. I'm having to take it apart wth my next door neighbour and try and fix it manually becase microsoft says it's out of warranty, even though I have only owned it for two months, which is a real kick in the balls >.<

Consider yourself corrected. ;) The Baroque City teleporter provides access to everywhere up to the end of chapter 6. I think perhaps the confusion comes because of the Cabasa Bridge score piece that isn't available until chapter 7. However afaik, and I've seen this confirmed several times, the only way to get that is to walk back down the mountain after beating Waltz, but before jumping through the one-way portal. As it's the last score piece for the achievement and not needed for anything else you don't have to climb back up again, just reload a save at the top of the mountain.