PDA

View Full Version : This Is England 86

jtr1gg3r
09-17-2010, 07:19 AM
Anyone watching it???

Personally, it was a no-brainer for me since the film is one of my favourites.

I think its alright, hasnt really got going for me yet =/

But you cant knock the acting, its actually brilliant, and that musical score is awesome :p

Opinions??

jamie1000013
09-17-2010, 07:25 AM
Yeah pretty good so far and quite funny too. The only two that look different are Shawn and Milky, is it? the rest look about the same lol.

I was wandering why Sean wasn't hanging around with all those from before and you found out towards the end :-S. Channel 4 have all the best stuff :-).

Has anyone noticed Sean's lazy eye? Watch the second episode on YT and skip to 10:00 it's between this and 11:00. One eye's facing one way and the other eye's facing the other lol.

Wortsenawl
09-17-2010, 11:32 AM
I think it is a great follow up to a great movie. I like that it is a little more light hearted than the film, though it is still dealing with some more serious issues. I really like Michelle's character (Smell). She really makes me laugh.

Sean and Woody are perhaps the two best actors. 10/10 from me. The film is brilliant, funny, brutal... this is more of the same, but as yet, without the brutal elements.

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
09-17-2010, 11:54 AM
Been pretty awesome so far I feel, suprised you hadn't noticed Shawn's lazy eye in the original film!

Nothing bad to say about it really although it's dead annoying that it's on C4 because of the breaks.

Hoping to see more of Kelly in the next few eps as she's actually pretty hot :) and I can see the whole father thing escalating.
On another note though, suprised to see nudity, wasn't the kind of show I expected to see it in to be honest.

Marcus issavage
09-17-2010, 07:37 PM
Wait they made the Movie into a show? That is awesome, I'm about to go find some of the episodes on the internet since I loved the movie.

Jamieironmaiden
09-18-2010, 09:28 PM
Missed the first episode but looks good enough to watch

Wortsenawl
09-22-2010, 09:49 AM
Like the movie, it meanders as a kind of black comedy and then escalates... and yesterday's episode has it all set up to kick off big time. Wont say more than that, as it would spoil it for those yet to watch it.

Another great episode. A real shame that there is only one left to go. There is a an awful lot to wrap up in one hour and I sincerely hope the story lines are not rushed to tie them up.

jtr1gg3r
09-22-2010, 10:20 AM
Like the movie, it meanders as a kind of black comedy and then escalates... and yesterday's episode has it all set up to kick off big time. Wont say more than that, as it would spoil it for those yet to watch it.

Another great episode. A real shame that there is only one left to go. There is a an awful lot to wrap up in one hour and I sincerely hope the story lines are rushed to tie them up.

The director (Shane Meadows) has already said he wants to do a second series, so fingers crossed :D

And yeah yesterdays episode was brilliant just like the other two, and the last episode is gonna be great, its GOING TO KICK OFF!

also........

COMBO'S BAAAAACKKKK! OMFG! WHAAAAAAAAAAT! COMBOOOOOOOOO! lol

iBlessing 09
09-26-2010, 06:10 PM
It's funny but it's not as good as the movie, the movie was great but the series is only good.

Br0kenAssass1n
09-26-2010, 06:23 PM
It's funny but it's not as good as the movie, the movie was great but the series is only good.

Other way round. Film was shit, series is brilliant.

EDIT: Can anyone find out the music that is on the Channel 4 advert? Not the one where they're dancing, but the recap/look forward adverts, with the slow music.

jtr1gg3r
09-29-2010, 08:28 AM
Can anyone find out the music that is on the Channel 4 advert? Not the one where they're dancing, but the recap/look forward adverts, with the slow music.

I'll have a look, that tune is epic =P

Anyway, what an ending, was anybody like - wow........ wtf just happened?! (You know the part, I wont ruin it for people)

Brilliant end to a brilliant series, I really hope C4 doe commission this for a 2nd series :)

jtr1gg3r
09-29-2010, 08:35 AM
Found the song :)

Ludovico Einaudi - Nuvole Bianche

YouTube - Ludovico Einaudi Nuvole Bianche (Original)

This bloke did all the music/scores for This Is England 86.

Bulletman
09-29-2010, 08:42 AM

Anyway, what an ending, was anybody like - wow........ wtf just happened?! (You know the part, I wont ruin it for people)

Brilliant end to a brilliant series, I really hope C4 doe commission this for a 2nd series :)

Yeah, I had a gut feeling about what was going to happen and I wasnt far off to be fair. Heres hoping 'This Is 'England 1990' or something for a second season. =)

EDIT: The video has been removed mate lol, didnt you just post it? =P

jtr1gg3r
09-29-2010, 08:44 AM
Yeah, I had a gut feeling about what was going to happen and I wasnt far off to be fair. Heres hoping 'This Is 'England 1990' or something for a second season. =)

Thats what Shane Meadows wants to do :)

jamie1000013
09-30-2010, 06:47 PM

So that's the end of the series? I thought it was 5 parts >.<. Hopefully they don't jump it forward 2 or 4 years. I know it's keeping with the football world cup theme but I like it how it is. I don't think they will though.

They aren't going to wait for a couple of years till they look older are they? That would suck. Still a great series though.

I thought that they were going to stage LOL's dads murder like a robbery gone wrong at first. Only because there was a bag full of jewelery and stuff, that the dad was taking.

Also did Combo tell the police that she was being raped? It didn't look that way to me.

littlemissymoo
10-07-2010, 08:24 PM
I loved it. Was so amazing and that storyline in the end had my in tears.

Amazing. They thinking the second series being in the 90's

ChrisWolfblades
10-08-2010, 01:22 AM
just as good as the film in my opinion

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
10-09-2010, 01:33 PM
I think the second series should wait around until they can get Combo back for a full role. Can't remember the actors name but he's been filming 'Boardwalk Empire' the past few months but would like to see him have a big role as he always makes such an impact.