PDA

View Full Version : Release Date Question

Dragon86
09-17-2010, 08:34 AM
What date is this coming in the US.

I have been hearing September 21st, which would make sense since it is a Tuesday and this is the day most games get released.

However, I looked up the "F1 2010 Official US Homepage" site ad it says September 22nd.

So which is it, or am I missing something?

tonyturbo
09-17-2010, 09:00 AM
It's more than likely going to be Tuesday as that seems to be the general day for their releases.

tgas416
09-17-2010, 11:50 AM
it's going to be out in Canada on the 22.
http://www.gamestop.ca/browse/search.aspx?N=0&Ntk=TitleKeyword&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntt=f1%202010

GORQITO
09-17-2010, 08:45 PM
Canada on the 22nd? Thanks tgas416, I was a bit confused too as I saw both the 21st and 22nd as release dates. Don't wana try to pick it up a day early ya know...

...and that goes for the PC version too right?

iOnlyGotOneArm
09-17-2010, 10:14 PM
What date is this coming in the US.

I have been hearing September 21st, which would make sense since it is a Tuesday and this is the day most games get released.

However, I looked up the "F1 2010 Official US Homepage" site ad it says September 22nd.

So which is it, or am I missing something?

When I went to preorder F1 2010 at GameStop they checked the system and verified that it was September 21st. She also said that they usually get their copies a few days ahead of the planned release date.

tgas416
09-17-2010, 11:41 PM
Canada on the 22nd? Thanks tgas416, I was a bit confused too as I saw both the 21st and 22nd as release dates. Don't wana try to pick it up a day early ya know...

...and that goes for the PC version too right?
im not sure about PC but the best way to find out when games are coming out is by calling your local retail store and asking them.

GORQITO
09-18-2010, 07:18 PM
im not sure about PC but the best way to find out when games are coming out is by calling your local retail store and asking them.

Thanks, I just called and they said it was 22nd, but they're not getting PC version... that's what I was hoping to pick up. I might have to find it somewhere else.

tgas416
09-18-2010, 11:02 PM
Thanks, I just called and they said it was 22nd, but they're not getting PC version... that's what I was hoping to pick up. I might have to find it somewhere else.
Really no pc version that sucks

fancy a quicky
09-18-2010, 11:10 PM
i heard that the pc version is only available through steam, what ever that is and you can get it now for preload ready for tue

tgas416
09-18-2010, 11:17 PM
i heard that the pc version is only available through steam, what ever that is and you can get it now for preload ready for tue
oh well that's good I'm mean I'm buying it for my 360 so it doesn't really matter for me.

GORQITO
09-20-2010, 12:23 AM

I was considering getting it from Steam and you do get 10% off with pre-order but I'd rather have a hard copy of the game like I usually do with most games... I'd assume GFWL Marketplace would have it too, but as a first resort I'd prefer store retail.

I would otherwise get it for xbox but the xbox I have isn't really mine... it's "borrowed".. :P

EDIT: So I have done some research and it seems that in North America it is PC download only... I will look further into it, and if anyone else can confirm this that would be great.

EDIT 2: So I have contacted Codies and they said it is only available for PC via digital download... so I have picked up my copy from Steam... no worries, case solved :).

layth13
09-21-2010, 04:48 PM
Was anyone in the US able to pick this up today (9-21)? I just called my local Gamestop and they said it was pushed back to Thursday.

Dragon86
09-21-2010, 05:00 PM
Yes it is being released on to Thursday. I just went to pick up my copy at Gamestop and they said that it is being shipped to stores tomorrow(9/22) and will be released on Thursday (9/23). Even the guy there though it was kind of odd that it wasn't released on a Tuesday.

layth13
09-21-2010, 05:28 PM
Yes it is being released on to Thursday. I just went to pick up my copy at Gamestop and they said that it is being shipped to stores tomorrow(9/22) and will be released on Thursday (9/23). Even the guy there though it was kind of odd that it wasn't released on a Tuesday.

Thanks for the confirmation. I was really looking forward to playing this after work. Oh well, at least we only have to wait two days.