PDA

View Full Version : The Official Supernatural Season 6 thread *Series Spoilers*

DarthSoth
09-17-2010, 03:00 PM
Hello my fellow 360achievements people. We are a week away (Friday September 24) for the season premier for the 6th season of Supernatural. This is my favorite show so I figured I should start a season 6 discussion here.

We left off from last season with Sam having said yes to Lucifer to let him use his body for a vessle in order to try to trap him back in hell. This initially didn't work and the impending showdown between Lucifer and the Arch-Angel Michael was set to take place. Dean found out where the battle would take place and showed up to try to give Sam a chance to fight back and regain control from Lucifer so they could stop the apcalypse from happening. The combination of Dean and the memories the Impala helped spark was enough to let Sam wrest control back from Lucifer. Sam was then able to re-open Lucifer's cage in hell and jumped in taking Michael with him. Castiel who was destroyed by Lucifer was brough back in Arch-Angel form and was able to bring back Bobby and fix the physical damage the devil did to Dean when he was trying to reach Sam.
Honoring Sam's request to go and try to live a normal life with Lisa and her son Ben (who is frighteningly similar to Dean), we end season 5 with a shot of Dean sitting down for supper with Lisa and Ben and then a pan out to a street light that dies and Sam appearing under it watching Dean and his new family.

So on to season six.
Season 6, Episode 1 – Aired: 9/24/2010
Exile on Main Street (http://www.tv.com/supernatural/exile-on-main-street/episode/1349773/summary.html?tag=ep_guide;summary)

Sam is mysteriously released from Hell and seeks out his brother, trying to have a normal life. Together the brothers must join forces with their maternal grandfather, Samuel, and begin the fight anew.

YouTube - Supernatural 6.01 "Exile on Main Street"

EDIT: Just came accross this sweet preview for next weeks premier

YouTube - Supernatural - Different Preview

So, feel free to post your comments, thoughts, theories, or whatever else here for all things Supernatural.

GradnpaGil
09-21-2010, 09:55 AM
I'm actually a bit terrified of the sixth season. Kripke's gone and the 5-season arc is done. How can they get more epic after battling with Lucifer?

DarthSoth
09-21-2010, 09:34 PM
I'm actually a bit terrified of the sixth season. Kripke's gone and the 5-season arc is done. How can they get more epic after battling with Lucifer?

They can't. Season 5 will be the pinnacle for the series in that regard. That being said though there is no reason to believe that season 6 can't be good even if it isn't as good as 5 was. I mean lets face it, season 5 was pretty fucking awesome. Kripke is still heavily involved with the series, apparently annoyingly so for the people who have supposedly taken over for him. They are going back to dealing with more monster of the week type format, only they will be delving into the facts behind these monsters and more deeply developing the mythos of Supernatural. I suspect we will see more character driven episodes in 6 as well.

PurpleSkwid
09-23-2010, 02:50 PM
I'm not sure yet.

I was really into Supernatural during Season 2, then sorta... Got over it.
Season 5 felt like a chore to watch. I wanted to find out what happened in the story, but I didn't really care any more.
Last season's finale was pretty amazing. Got me emotional, but I wished it really was the last episode.

I'll still give this new season a chance, but if it doesn't draw me in I'll probably just wait until the season is over and get the whole thing to watch back-to-back, rather than weekly.

DarthSoth
09-23-2010, 05:29 PM
Wow, if season 5 didn't get you, then I don't think anything the series has to offer will. Season 4 and 5 were fantastic, with season 5 being my personal top season from any show. But hey, that's just me. Glad to see that you will give it another shot though.

Deyankees1
09-23-2010, 07:24 PM
Wow, if season 5 didn't get you, then I don't think anything the series has to offer will. Season 4 and 5 were fantastic, with season 5 being my personal top season from any show. But hey, that's just me. Glad to see that you will give it another shot though.

No its not just you, I thought Season 5 was excellent and the best in the series cant wait for tomorrow. I thought it was today lmao I fail now I must wait more!!!!!

PurpleSkwid
09-24-2010, 09:29 AM

I don't like all the biblical stuff.
And the whole "omg Sam and Dean are both vessels" thing was predictable.

Ever since they brought angels in (even after they'd already made it clear that angels didn't exist) I've lost interest.

Even my favourite creature in the show, the trickster, they decided was just another angel ><

Hopefully they do go back to the monster of the week thing next season, and that we get to see some new creatures. There are heaps they haven't touched on yet.

DarthSoth
09-25-2010, 06:49 AM
Well that season premier was alright. Nothing too spectacular though. Looks like it will be a slow start to get the wheels turning this season though.
I have to admit, I am excited for the show being back, but my expectations for this season aren't that high.

DarthSoth
10-01-2010, 08:56 PM
New show tonight. The previews so far don't exactly have me jacked so far. Hopefully it is the case of crappy previews and excellent show as it has been in the past.

Starstrukk X360A
10-03-2010, 08:01 PM
The last 20 minutes really made me go "lolwut."

Definitely enjoyed that episode, although I have a feeling there will be much better ones coming up.

My all time favorite in terms of action-y stuff though is season 3's Jus In Bello.
It's so epic <3

DarthSoth
10-04-2010, 10:27 PM
That episode was much better than the season premiere IMO. I enjoyed it at least. They need to inject some more comedy in to get eveything back into the feel of things I think. That is one of the major elements that has been missing thus far that I think that has made everything feel a little off.

Next weeks episode looks to be pretty good with the boys hunting down weapons and items of heaven. Castiel is making a return as well.

Just a friendly reminder as well, Next episode, "The Third Man" is going to air on Saturday on the CW HD channel. I believe they have it listed on their reg def channels (wpix, check, & ktla) for Friday still but they did advertise it as a special Saturday air date this week on CW. Likely have baseball on CW instead this Friday if I had to venture a guess and since Smallville is going on Saturday as well.

Deyankees1
10-04-2010, 10:50 PM
That episode was much better than the season premiere IMO. I enjoyed it at least. They need to inject some more comedy in to get eveything back into the feel of things I think. That is one of the major elements that has been missing thus far that I think that has made everything feel a little off.

Next weeks episode looks to be pretty good with the boys hunting down weapons and items of heaven. Castiel is making a return as well.

Just a friendly reminder as well, Next episode, "The Third Man" is going to air on Saturday on the CW HD channel. I believe they have it listed on their reg def channels (wpix, check, & ktla) for Friday still but they did advertise it as a special Saturday air date this week on CW. Likely have baseball on CW instead this Friday if I had to venture a guess and since Smallville is going on Saturday as well.

Its not baseball with Playoffs that's all in TBS/Fox now. Still shows that its gonna be on Friday on my cable box maybe my cable is just slow since it is Monday it might not be updated. Either way I agree with the humor part. It was always one of the best parts of this show and to lack it in the first 2 episodes this season is a drag. I hope they pick it up as the season goes on.

circus1776
10-08-2010, 06:33 PM
Last week's episode was better than the premiere, and Cas is gonna be in this week's so who knows...but I still feel like this season is the season where they're just gonne pluck ideas from bad fanfiction, because it really should have ended at season 5. I mean, not that I want Supernatural to be over, but I'd rather have it be done with than have it be just ridiculous to watch...

And every TV show has to apparently have a season where they pluck ideas from bad fanfiction.

DarthSoth
10-08-2010, 06:39 PM
So they have bumped the show to Saturday this week so that they can air pre-season basketball. That is pretty lame. Bulls vs Wizards pre-season at that, which is even lamer.

Starstrukk X360A
10-08-2010, 07:02 PM
So they have bumped the show to Saturday this week so that they can air pre-season basketball. That is pretty lame. Bulls vs Wizards pre-season at that, which is even lamer.

You sure it isn't just your area?

DarthSoth
10-10-2010, 05:07 PM
You sure it isn't just your area?

The CW's HD channel broadcast had the basketball game. It was really strange because the regular def. channel didn't have the game, and that is the first time I've seen a difference between the two channels.

The 3rd episode "The Third Man" was much better. Cas coming back was great, they finally had some humor in there, and overall it was just a better episode

One other thing that has been off this season is the lack of rock music in the show. No classic rock in the into just feels strange.

Starstrukk X360A
10-10-2010, 09:29 PM
The CW's HD channel broadcast had the basketball game. It was really strange because the regular def. channel didn't have the game, and that is the first time I've seen a difference between the two channels.

The 3rd episode "The Third Man" was much better. Cas coming back was great, they finally had some humor in there, and overall it was just a better episode

One other thing that has been off this season is the lack of rock music in the show. No classic rock in the into just feels strange.

Of course there was classic rock.
Sam's car was destroyed in a fight leaving him to go back to the classic Impala.
Silver lining, right? C:

bigbear2face
10-10-2010, 09:39 PM
Castiel is my favorite character in the entire show followed closely by the Trickster/Gabriel.

So far Season 6 is...blah. Though now that we are getting into what the overal story arc is going to be (angel civil war!) it is showing some promise.

Still I feel like the show is kind of forced now that the originally intended story has been told.

SynysterChris
10-11-2010, 08:23 AM
I'm still liking the show. I was looking forward to Cas making a return and I must say it didn't disappoint.

I just want to watch the next eposide I'm not used to having to wait to watch till next week.

Starstrukk X360A
10-11-2010, 08:03 PM
I'm sure it'll get even more epic as the episodes roll on.

I loved the last episode though.
And.
Sam. Shirtless.
Ohgodyes <333

chickenhead87
10-11-2010, 09:09 PM
I feel its off to a good start so far id like more alpha creatures cause that badass shifter was awesome. Cas's comment i think we can rule Moses out as a suspect classic, its gonna be interesting to see where it goes and whether it answers how Sam came back who knows.

UK Dennis
10-12-2010, 04:08 PM
I think that Sam has a piece of the Devil still inside him. Which is why he is acting wierd. This could lead him to having some of the Devil's powers, and thats if he knows (which he probably does).

Starstrukk X360A
10-13-2010, 12:38 AM
I think that Sam has a piece of the Devil still inside him. Which is why he is acting wierd. This could lead him to having some of the Devil's powers, and thats if he knows (which he probably does).

Well, Sam has been changing since he came back to life in season 2. The first two seasons had him as this wimpy guy who just obeys Dean like an attack dog.

I guess after whatever he saw or went through in hell, he became tougher and shows no mercy.

I love Sam the way he is now.
All. Tough and stuff.

DarthSoth
10-13-2010, 01:11 AM
Sam and Dean have had a total role reversal now. It had been moving that way for the last couple seasons but it is completely flipped now. I prefer this badass Sam though.

DarthSoth
10-17-2010, 04:17 PM
Weekend at Bobby's was an excellent episode. That episode was the directorial debut of Jensen Ackles and he did a good job I think. Not much Sam and Dean in the episode as it was all about Bobby and Bobby looks like he might have something going on with the Sheriff.
I laughed at the phone call from Garth to Bobby the second time after he tells him to call the FBI.
Again, WTF is up with the music this season anyway? Have they even played a single rock tune yet? And Kenny Rogers? Really? Come on guys, play some AC/DC, Journey, Boston, whatever but stick with the formula from the past seasons there. That was one of the great things this show brought every week, you could count on some great tunes, but this season has been a total wash in that regard.

Starstrukk X360A
10-17-2010, 10:57 PM
I absolutely loved that episode. It definitely showed what goes on with Bobby, and I sorta took him for granted too. I never realized he helped others.

And the reason there was classic rock in the first place was Kripke was a fan of the genre. It sorta makes sense. No Kripke, no classic rock.
Sorta makes sense.

DarthSoth
10-18-2010, 06:32 PM
I absolutely loved that episode. It definitely showed what goes on with Bobby, and I sorta took him for granted too. I never realized he helped others.

And the reason there was classic rock in the first place was Kripke was a fan of the genre. It sorta makes sense. No Kripke, no classic rock.
Sorta makes sense.

Well Except that Dean is a HUGE classic rock fan as well. It just feels so weird when they do the "THEN" intro to weird digital sounds instead of classic rock. Not saying it's bad stuff, it's just become such a staple of the series that is feels off.

Starstrukk X360A
10-19-2010, 12:02 AM
http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b206189_first_look_video_supernatural_takes_on.htm l

Clip of this Friday's episode.
I can't wait!

DarthSoth
10-19-2010, 04:02 PM
Ha yeah that looks pretty funny.

Here is a link to the teaser trailer and the 2 promo sneak peaks. The teaser is 21 seconds at the start. The promos are a couple minutes each so if you are concerned about spoilers then stop watching at 21 seconds in.

YouTube - Supernatural 6x05 - "Live Free Or Twi-hard" Preview Promo Full Three Version

Interested to see what the deal with vampire Dean is in that episode.

Starstrukk X360A
10-19-2010, 07:23 PM
Sam's gonna do to him what he did to Gordon =o
Yeah not really. Although that'd be interesting.

I just love when Sam and Dean fight each other. It's a great break from the brotherly-love they usually have.

My favorite one is when the succubus forced them to fight.
It was EPIC.

DarthSoth
10-19-2010, 09:51 PM
Sam's gonna do to him what he did to Gordon =o
Yeah not really. Although that'd be interesting.

I just love when Sam and Dean fight each other. It's a great break from the brotherly-love they usually have.

My favorite one is when the succubus forced them to fight.
It was EPIC.

Ha, the manccubus! that was hillarious.

DarthSoth
10-23-2010, 02:23 AM
Live Free or Twi-Hard was an excellent episode. Finally, a really great episode this season.

Alright, first off, what the fuck Sammy? When he stopped and just watched Dean get fed blood there. And that little little smirky smile he gave when he saw it. If there was doubt about Sam being off before then that last episode confirms it. Something is definitely up with Sam.

Samuel's comment about having already told Sam about the cure is rather interesting. Like Sam has been swapped or possessed or something. I'm banking on a flashback episode at some point this season. Dean seeing Sam watch him get turned suggests that the jig will soon be up.

Starstrukk X360A
10-23-2010, 09:35 PM
I think we'll learn everything next Friday based on the synopsis for the episode I read.
I don't know if I should tell it or not in the fact it's sorta spoilery.

DarthSoth
10-30-2010, 06:30 PM
I think we'll learn everything next Friday based on the synopsis for the episode I read.
I don't know if I should tell it or not in the fact it's sorta spoilery.

Looks like it will be one more week to find out everything. What an intense ending for "you can't handle the truth" Wow. Another great episode though. Definitely been a big focus on Dean this season with Sam being only a bit player. Likely until they get him sorted out.

Based on the preview for next friday's episode it looks like Raphael is behind Sam's oddness. They dropped a hint about the soul with that other angel buddy of Cas' in the third man so looks like there will be a showdown between Cas and Raph next episode or so.

Snowwwwy
11-03-2010, 06:52 AM
Yes, didnt even know this thread was here. Haha I love this show. So good. Seen all the episodes. I love Dean, and Cas man. Hahaha he makes me laugh. Yeh, I dont know how next weeks episode is going to be. Hope all good tho.

DarthSoth
11-03-2010, 03:46 PM
The last 3 episodes have been excellent. Took a little bit to get the ball rolling this season but they are back on form now. good stuff.

Starstrukk X360A
11-04-2010, 01:18 AM
dat promo

I freakin' HATED the promo that aired after Friday's episode. It pretty much spoiled what's wrong with Sam.

DarthSoth
11-08-2010, 10:33 PM
Well the promo did sort of spoil it but they had the Sam soul thing in the first few minutes of the episode so it wasn't much of a spoil. Good episode again though. It will be so satisfying when they kill Crowley. He's the bad guy you love to hate. Really wish they had kept some of his bones as insurance when they got Bobby's soul back.
Love how Sam was completely ready to kill his Grandfather there. Souless Sam is a cold bastard. He didn't even think twice about it either. Shit if they actually have to go into hell to get Sam's soul back that could be pretty epic. Sam and Deal and a team of angels marching into hell would blow my mind I think. Never happen but the level of epic cool in that would be up to 11.

DarthSoth
11-15-2010, 06:15 PM
"All Dogs Go to Heaven" was a decent episode. Did anyone else notice the Littlest Hobo homage near the end there? I almost expected "Maybe Tomorrow" to start playing when the dog was walking up the street there. Ha

DarthSoth
11-24-2010, 06:24 PM
"Clap your hands if you believe . . ." was one of the funniest Supernatural episodes to date. I laughed my ass off for that episode.Definitely ranks up there with "Bad Day at Black Rock" for me. "You fight those faries. Fight the Faries!" hillarious. as was Sam's nonchalant approach to Dean's abduction.

Sam: My brother was abducted. but it's fine.

Girl: Oh my god! Your brother was abducted?!

Sam: It's fine. I mean, well, I've had time to adjust.

Girl: Oh, did it happen when you were kids?"

Sam: "No...like half an hour ago."

Priceless.

blackhandgang
12-10-2010, 12:52 AM
Just found this thread, hope to revive it now that Crowley is dead (leaving us to wonder who the new king of Hell is), Raphael is winning in Heaven, and really...what is the rest of the season going to be about? By killing Crowley, the reasons for the Sam and Samuel to be back is kind of up in the air. Everyone but Dean seems to think that it would now be a bad idea to get Sam's soul out of the cage. Maybe there will be a loophole somewhere, but it seems like they are going to tart focusing on the war in heaven soon.

DarthSoth
12-12-2010, 07:39 PM
Well, if there were any doubts that soulless Sam was a bad thing then "Appointment in Samarra" pretty well illustrated just how bad it could be. Another good episode. Sam hunting down Bobby was pretty intense although I can't really imagine why Bobby would go downstairs just because Sam stopped talking to him. Also a little disappointed that they had Sam escape the basement through the panic room. It has held Sam before as well as Demons and now all of a sudden Sam is able to escape through the roof?

Death was great again in this episode. Dean try's to be all flippant with death like he has been with Angels and Demons but he always shuts up realized that he really should fuck with death. really gives the guy that extra bit of fear factor.

SynysterChris
12-15-2010, 08:32 AM
Well, if there were any doubts that soulless Sam was a bad thing then "Appointment in Samarra" pretty well illustrated just how bad it could be. Another good episode. Sam hunting down Bobby was pretty intense although I can't really imagine why Bobby would go downstairs just because Sam stopped talking to him. Also a little disappointed that they had Sam escape the basement through the panic room. It has held Sam before as well as Demons and now all of a sudden Sam is able to escape through the roof?

Death was great again in this episode. Dean try's to be all flippant with death like he has been with Angels and Demons but he always shuts up realized that he really should fuck with death. really gives the guy that extra bit of fear factor.

Ya I didn't understand why he went down into the basement after Sam either, it didn't make sense?

Though the episode was good, I don't feel like this season is really leading to anything but another season, even though I hear this is the last season. It just seems unless they hurry up and do something about the civil war Angel problem. Well I guess at least Sam got is soul back, better or worse it's there. It's now just a matter of time if and when the wall will break.

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
12-20-2010, 12:33 PM
I think that the guys behind Sups went wrong in not ending the show when Eric Kripke initially wrote it to end (Season 5 end).

Bringing the show back, although I love it still and want it to go on, now just seems to be living off of what mainly Kripke saw for the show and attempting to find a story post 'The end of the world'.
I just mean, surely if your going to have a storyline after Lucifer attempts the apocalypse it has to be that he tries again kind of thing? Fair enough hes locked away and can't get out but it wouldn't be the end to Lucifer.

Thats why I don't see it being the last season, I think it's just a build up to Lucifer 2.0 to be honest. Hopefully also, wouldn't want the show to end on a season like this. Unless of course Sam's wall breaks and maybe the worst happens or in theory he may be have had his soul tortured so much he is a demon and breaks Lucifer out kind of take.

Maybe the wall breaks, the new tortured and pretty much dead Sam breaks Lucifer out whilst at the same time Heaven is divided in Cival war leading to season 7's apocalypse 2.0.

Hope to see more of Cas anyway, absolute hero! Dean is awesome as ever but I just want to see some more of Cas.

DarthSoth
12-24-2010, 05:09 PM
I think that the guys behind Sups went wrong in not ending the show when Eric Kripke initially wrote it to end (Season 5 end).

Bringing the show back, although I love it still and want it to go on, now just seems to be living off of what mainly Kripke saw for the show and attempting to find a story post 'The end of the world'.
I just mean, surely if your going to have a storyline after Lucifer attempts the apocalypse it has to be that he tries again kind of thing? Fair enough hes locked away and can't get out but it wouldn't be the end to Lucifer.

Thats why I don't see it being the last season, I think it's just a build up to Lucifer 2.0 to be honest. Hopefully also, wouldn't want the show to end on a season like this. Unless of course Sam's wall breaks and maybe the worst happens or in theory he may be have had his soul tortured so much he is a demon and breaks Lucifer out kind of take.

Well Kripke is still heavily involved in the show. He is still very hands on Executive Producer but has handed over the showrunner tasks to Sera Gamble. Gamble was the executive Producer of the show before this season. Kripke is still shaping the shows story though.

I too think that the CW will be trying to milk Supernatural for all that they can, much like they have done with Smallville. Which is not really a good thing. The longer they go on without a clearly defined end for the series will just increase the likelihood that the show's quality will go down and they will start to re-use old storylines. I think it will all come down to Jensen and Jared resigning for more seasons. They haven't signed on for a 7th season so it might come down to them saying they've had enough to end the show.

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
12-24-2010, 07:05 PM
Yeah I agree, don't get me wrong though I love both Sups and Smalls and Smalls going 10 seasons for me is awesome as Superman has always been of long lasting potential but I agree that The CW have milked it and used it for all they could get and it has gone downhill but its still good. Erica Durance keeps Smalls looking good every week :)

I'm sure that if asked Jensen and Jared would sign for a 7th but I don't think it would go to an 8th to be honest. 7th for a seven sins based story? Anyway I hope Lucifer is around again come the end because lets be honest, theres no bigger demon/angel etc story then lucifer.

DarthSoth
12-24-2010, 11:17 PM
Yeah I agree, don't get me wrong though I love both Sups and Smalls and Smalls going 10 seasons for me is awesome as Superman has always been of long lasting potential but I agree that The CW have milked it and used it for all they could get and it has gone downhill but its still good. Erica Durance keeps Smalls looking good every week :)

I'm sure that if asked Jensen and Jared would sign for a 7th but I don't think it would go to an 8th to be honest. 7th for a seven sins based story? Anyway I hope Lucifer is around again come the end because lets be honest, theres no bigger demon/angel etc story then lucifer.

Yeah Smallville was finally better last season, though still not great. But season 10 has been quite good. Mostly because they know they are done and HAVE to tie things up I think.

I really like your 7 deadly sins idea. That would be pretty cool. Like each of the sins takes the form of some kind of monster that they have to defeat without succumbing to the sin's temptations. Though it might be a bit of a rehash of some of the horseman that way. they did cover a few of the sins whit each horseman in season 5. Still that would be pretty cool, each sin gets a 3 episode arc. Although that might be a little much to be honest, putting more importance on the sins that the horseman. IF they went the se7in (movie) route then it could be pretty sweet, and disturbing.

auburn fury
02-01-2011, 06:26 PM
Yeah Smallville was finally better last season, though still not great. But season 10 has been quite good. Mostly because they know they are done and HAVE to tie things up I think.

I really like your 7 deadly sins idea. That would be pretty cool. Like each of the sins takes the form of some kind of monster that they have to defeat without succumbing to the sin's temptations. Though it might be a bit of a rehash of some of the horseman that way. they did cover a few of the sins whit each horseman in season 5. Still that would be pretty cool, each sin gets a 3 episode arc. Although that might be a little much to be honest, putting more importance on the sins that the horseman. IF they went the se7in (movie) route then it could be pretty sweet, and disturbing.

Didn't they kill all the 7 sins in a season premier? Where they meet the black couple of hunters and the husband is caught and the wife goes rambo? Season 3 i think it was?

DarthSoth
02-03-2011, 05:09 PM
Didn't they kill all the 7 sins in a season premier? Where they meet the black couple of hunters and the husband is caught and the wife goes rambo? Season 3 i think it was?

Yes they did an episode on the seven deadly sins already. But one episode for the 7 sins is pretty lax. And I believe it would be easy enough to retcon that with a simple explanation that it was just 7 demons masquerading as the 7 sins and not the actual embodyment of the sins. Like 7 demons who were sent to hell because they sinned that way, and when they were let out of hell they were just copycats.

If you look at the myths behind the sins there is a level dedicated for each sin in hell. The rulers of those hell levels would hardly go out like chumps like they did in that one episode. It would be an easy retcon to pull off that would actually make a lot of sense to people I think. It would fit in with teh Alpha theme season 6 has been using, although explaining how the Alpha deamon of each sin got out of hell would be a little tricky unless they tie it to Sam getting his soul back from the cage.

So excited that the new episode will air this Friday. Unless the CW tries another bit of bullshit by bumping it another week. What the hell was that about last week anyway? Bump their 2 flagship series from their scheduled and advertised return so they can re-air Vampire Diaries and Nikita from the night before. Totaly lame.

SynysterChris
02-03-2011, 07:40 PM
Yes they did an episode on the seven deadly sins already. But one episode for the 7 sins is pretty lax. And I believe it would be easy enough to retcon that with a simple explanation that it was just 7 demons masquerading as the 7 sins and not the actual embodyment of the sins. Like 7 demons who were sent to hell because they sinned that way, and when they were let out of hell they were just copycats.

If you look at the myths behind the sins there is a level dedicated for each sin in hell. The rulers of those hell levels would hardly go out like chumps like they did in that one episode. It would be an easy retcon to pull off that would actually make a lot of sense to people I think. It would fit in with teh Alpha theme season 6 has been using, although explaining how the Alpha deamon of each sin got out of hell would be a little tricky unless they tie it to Sam getting his soul back from the cage.

So excited that the new episode will air this Friday. Unless the CW tries another bit of bullshit by bumping it another week. What the hell was that about last week anyway? Bump their 2 flagship series from their scheduled and advertised return so they can re-air Vampire Diaries and Nikita from the night before. Totaly lame.

I agree with all of what you said about the sins, and would be cool to see them make a return. Though I think they had a plan in place to take them all down at once. And Didn't they have Ruby and Castiel with them when taking down the sins though?

Also ya getting the bump I was WTF where is my Supernatural? This is bullshit.

DarthSoth
02-05-2011, 05:53 PM
"Like a Virgin" was a great episode. They finally returned with the classic rock, and old Sammy coming back really added to the dynamic between the brothers.
That sword in the stone bit with Dean was hilarious.

Interesting to see the Mother of All Evil revealed as the big bad for the rest of the season.

littlemissymoo
02-06-2011, 01:14 PM
Any ideas when this is coming to the U.K?

DarthSoth
02-06-2011, 06:34 PM
I see that Living will begin airing season 6 beginning in June in the UK.

Not sure if some other station will air it beginning Jan-Feb like they did with Season 5 last year. I heard that Sky purchased the rights rather than Virgin this year so it got bumped to June so they could air their own shows like Bedlam instead of Supernatural now.

SynysterChris
02-07-2011, 04:05 AM
Ep was good, ya for Sam getting back. Though to me they shouldn't be keeping things from each other anymore. Really they haven't learned that by now.
Though looking forward to seeing what happens next week.

DarthSoth
02-08-2011, 09:09 PM
Well it looks like Supernatural will be getting a 2 hour season finale on May 20.

http://www.tvfanatic.com/2011/02/supernatural-sets-season-finale-date/

Whether that means that it is a 2 hour episode or just the final 2 back-to-back is yet to be seen. Smallville gets a 2 hour series finale the week before which bumps that weeks Supernatural to the next Friday.

DarthSoth
02-12-2011, 05:46 PM
Was Sam ever an evil bastard in the flashbacks during "Unforgiven". In the end it turns out that killing all those captured Spiderpeople was the right thing to do but the way he went about it was just evil. And no shit Samuel would have thought Sam was a little off. After that episode I don't know how Samuel would have kept working with Sam.

Also, Holy shit at the glimpse into hell that Sam got at the end there. He didn't take down the wall but he definitely opened a hole that gave him a look at his time there. That might actually be a good thing though. If Sam gets small looks into his time in the cage then it might be a better thing for him than getting it all at once. That way he could chip away at dealing with it rather than getting flooded by it all at once when the wall goes down.

DarthSoth
03-02-2011, 03:44 PM
Not too sure what to think of "The French Mistake" honestly. It had it's moments but having them play themselves was a little odd.

I did get a laugh out of them blowing the shit out of Kripke though. He come in to save the day and they blow him away with a shotgun. lol.

shimmer
03-08-2011, 04:29 AM
:Bounce:
Hi, I love Supernatural, currently watching season 5
and have caught up with the previous seasons on DVD.
Iím looking forward to season 6. I read some comments
that they arenít happy with the Heaven angel story arc
so I have signed up and logged in to protest.
I believe it has enriched the series and given Supernatural
competiveness over other shows .Having Jensen and Jarred is
A big reason to watch.
Having Misha Collins Castiel is not a threat but, an asset.

ohioman101
03-08-2011, 05:01 AM
Not too sure what to think of "The French Mistake" honestly. It had it's moments but having them play themselves was a little odd.

I did get a laugh out of them blowing the shit out of Kripke though. He come in to save the day and they blow him away with a shotgun. lol.
I agree with you on that one. Although the episode had me laughing quite a few times, I didn't think it was all too great.
But the next one, "...And Then There Were None" was freaking awesome. I don't want to spoil too much for anyone that hasn't watched it yet, but my mouth dropped at the body count in that episode (considering the body count consisted of characters we have actually seen more than once before).

DarthSoth
03-08-2011, 03:51 PM
I agree with you on that one. Although the episode had me laughing quite a few times, I didn't think it was all too great.
But the next one, "...And Then There Were None" was freaking awesome. I don't want to spoil too much for anyone that hasn't watched it yet, but my mouth dropped at the body count in that episode (considering the body count consisted of characters we have actually seen more than once before).

Yeah, the body count was just so everyone all at once in that episode. I was shocked that Sam did that too. I figured it would be Dean for sure. Even the way they ended it made itlook like a certain other longtime cast member might have been dead. Though if they took him out I am certain it would be an on screen death and not the way they played it out there.

DarthSoth
03-08-2011, 04:02 PM
:Bounce:
Hi, I love Supernatural, currently watching season 5
and have caught up with the previous seasons on DVD.
Iím looking forward to season 6. I read some comments
that they arenít happy with the Heaven angel story arc
so I have signed up and logged in to protest.
I believe it has enriched the series and given Supernatural
competiveness over other shows .Having Jensen and Jarred is
A big reason to watch.
Having Misha Collins Castiel is not a threat but, an asset.

I really enjoyed the Heaven and Hell story arc from season 4 and 5, especially season 5. They made it very palitable even for the atheists out their. My only real complaint is that they made the Christian side of things so overpowerful in reguard to the other religion's gods out there. It is a pretty minor thing but still.

And yeah, Misha Collins is definitely a plus to the series.

UK Dennis
05-22-2011, 02:03 PM
bringing this back to life, no im not an angel.... :p

Watched the series finale last night and wow, i thought it was great. Its also great to hear that it has been renewed for a season 7!

DarthSoth
05-22-2011, 09:55 PM
Yeah those last couple episodes were pretty good. Cas is a little scary at the end now. Looks like all those souls have knocked him off his rocker. That was pretty sweet the way he blew up Raphiel the same way Lucifer blew him up in the finale last season.

I hope they have a little better direction next season though. This season was pretty good but seemed a little off still. I do not want to see them just wander around aimlessly just to keep the series going like they did with Smallville.

IanAHD
05-22-2011, 11:55 PM
Interesting how he killed Raphael exactly like Lucifer did...could he perhaps risen Lucifer out and struck a deal to join together in a retaliation to Raphael's deal with Crowley ?

Also
Morgan Freeman to play God ! pleeeeease

UK Dennis
05-23-2011, 12:17 AM
Interesting how he killed Raphael exactly like Lucifer did...could he perhaps risen Lucifer out and struck a deal to join together in a retaliation to Raphael's deal with Crowley ?

Also
Morgan Freeman to play God ! pleeeeease

yeah, i bet he has become the new lucifer, even though he thinks he is god.

And please oh please make Morgan Freeman god. That would be awesome.