PDA

View Full Version : One of the best allies you could ask for

perfecktev7
09-18-2010, 02:10 AM
I don't know about the rest of you, but I hope that the Mysterious Stranger finds his way to New Vegas ready to blow away the baddies when you need it the most, seriously, that guy was awesome.

Miss Allen86
09-18-2010, 09:48 PM
I don't know about the rest of you, but I hope that the Mysterious Stranger finds his way to New Vegas ready to blow away the baddies when you need it the most, seriously, that guy was awesome.

I couldn't agree with you more on this. The mysterious stranger is awesome!!! I literally fell over laughing the first time he came out and busted a cap into my enemy. ^_^

ELITExASSASSIN9
09-19-2010, 06:26 AM

idk though cause playing through on another account HELLSPWAN 88... i got all the achievements for that game, and I never used him to help or whatever so if he doesnt show up in new vegas it will alright, but if he does... why is he so good to use or whatever???

Des
09-19-2010, 09:18 AM
Not really. I'd ask for the imaginary God.

TriRock
09-20-2010, 05:59 PM

I tried that perk in F3 and was underwhelmed how rarely he showed up. And in those rare cases where he did come, I had the situation fully under control. In other words, he was useless to me.

Parallax Demon
09-21-2010, 01:25 PM
In my experience that perk was completely useless. Even with my Luck maxed out he hardly showed up and the times he did show up, it was in a simple fight where I didn't need his help.

sir_cueball
09-22-2010, 12:08 AM
I seem to remember most of the time he showed up when the enemy was on low health and would prevent me from gaining full V.A.T.S by stealing my kill *grumble* won't be making that mistake again.

GHLougar
09-22-2010, 12:13 AM
The only AI ally that can instant-kill snipe with a gun that wasn't even made for sniping.

D 3 4 T H B 4 T
09-23-2010, 03:38 AM
finding chuck norris in the wastelands would be an automatic life win

serts68
10-02-2010, 06:32 PM
He was very helpful in Freel Labor and Unsafe Working Condtion as im played on Hard ..

Kivlov
10-04-2010, 11:15 PM
1: In Fallout 3, he would only come and help, if you took an enemies health down and didnt kill them, or say something was in the way and you should have killed them, then he will show up and finish them off, never usually from full health though, also he doesnt steal the kill as you get the XP for it anyway seeing as you were shooting at the enemy.

2: In NV I noticed in one of the videos there was a stat displayed " mysterious stranger visits " so I asume he will be back. I also saw another one called " Miss Fortune Visits ".

3: Mr Holdout looks like he is wearing Mysterious stranger's coat, so that will be a nice thing to reverse pickpocket when I get into NV.

Moonberg
10-04-2010, 11:32 PM
I played for around 120 hours on the account that I took the Mysterious Stranger perk, and not once did he ever show up. So he wasn't the most helpful in my case!

Eminent
10-06-2010, 10:50 AM

I never used him.

HELLSPWAN 88
10-16-2010, 10:04 PM
idk though cause playing through on another account HELLSPWAN 88... i got all the achievements for that game, and I never used him to help or whatever so if he doesnt show up in new vegas it will alright, but if he does... why is he so good to use or whatever??? You are full of crap you played the game for 20-30 min and just got out the valut then quit because you didnt like the game why do you lie I got every single achievement myself and not with your help you suck!!!!!!!!!

HELLSPWAN 88
10-16-2010, 10:07 PM
I never used him but I think I will try him this time around cause most of the time I hear good things about him.

PenderPowguin
10-16-2010, 10:15 PM
I had him on my first playthrough but quickly neglected the option on my second playthrough... that bastard wants all of the glory for my kills and I have none to share. MINE! MY KILLS!

luffy
10-16-2010, 10:17 PM
i think that's lame, when a person gets your kills.

J4ckyb0y1
10-17-2010, 04:05 PM

This perk is back along with a new version that is female.

PenderPowguin
10-17-2010, 07:54 PM
This perk is back along with a new version that is female.

Well that's just silly, everyone knows that women can't shoot guns...

HELLSPWAN 88
02-02-2011, 08:11 AM
Well that's just silly, everyone knows that women can't shoot guns... or drive cant leave that out :p

PyreBall
02-02-2011, 03:23 PM
That perk was much more useful to me in Fallout 3 since I didn't get to nearly as high a level as I have in New Vegas. I thought it was awesome, though.

Velvet Kao
03-12-2011, 11:44 PM
He was awesome, but he's so damn glitchy in FNV that I wish I hadn't took the perk. Miss Fortune isn't as bad but whenever I'm in V.A.T.S. and the Mysterious Stranger comes along it glitches and watches him until I die :mad: