PDA

View Full Version : Anyone pick up Enemy Unbound by The Absence this week?

ApochWeiss
09-18-2010, 08:49 AM
I've been a fan of The Absence for a long while, and I've watched them grow from a new band to a solid force in Melodic Death Metal. Their debut full-length dropped when I was a DJ for WSFX FM and I saw them live in support of that album.

Then their second album Riders of the Plague dropped when I was leaving WSFX and saw the attention it got on-line, they become tighter musically, and again saw them live in support of that album and got to interview them. They were awesome and did the interview with a smile. However, they learned about the venues re-entry fee, and a) felt I shouldn't pay for doing an interview and b) were pissed they weren't getting any of it (which led to the venue's downfall), so that day Dana and I were part of The Absence haha.

On the 14th of september, their new album, Enemy Unbound, dropped. I'm liking it, but I don't think it quite lives up to the potential they had on Riders of the Plague. Again, I'm seeing them live in support of the album and am pushing for an interview with them. Wonder if they'll remember me since they were so disgusted with that show haha.

Any fans?

ConflagrationMN
09-26-2010, 07:55 PM
I really liked Riders of the Plague, but I grew out of MDM really fast. I do remember them being one of the better bands though. One of the guitarists occasionally posts on another forum I visit. I might check out the new album.