PDA

View Full Version : Seriously Lionhead?

Volzagia
09-18-2010, 08:20 PM
For a company with so much "British Pride" I can't believe that this is coming out later in the UK than the US.

The Pants Party
09-18-2010, 08:35 PM
That has nothing to do with Lionhead. They are only the developer. The publisher (Microsoft) is an American company. They foot the bill to manufacture and market the product, so they get to choose when and where it gets released.

gamoamo
09-18-2010, 08:39 PM
I think its funny how UK gets the "good" preorder weapon, while US gets the "bad" one. I guess its along the same lines of showing country biases.

RedAuerbach
09-18-2010, 08:51 PM
I think its funny how UK gets the "good" preorder weapon, while US gets the "bad" one. I guess its along the same lines of showing country biases.
I'd rather get the "bad" one and get the game earlier.

bradgardener
09-19-2010, 07:35 AM
Yeah, Microsoft is an american company, not to mention america is probably the biggest market for a game to be released so they want to get it out there first.

Toams07
09-19-2010, 07:41 AM
It's only a 3-day difference between America and Europe, so it's not really such a big deal (I think)

Lord Montymort
09-19-2010, 12:42 PM
All I have to say to this is...GROW UP...the game comes out in the US just three days before it comes out in the UK and if you pre-ordered it there is a chance you'll get it a day early anyway so thats just two days, if your that impatience that you can't wait just three days for the game, then I think you have bigger problems, try spending those three days outside trying something new instead of hiding away in your Mum's basement.

Also I am sure if it was up to Lionhead they would release it in the UK first, but it's not it's up to Microsoft.

Xylon Uxkid
09-19-2010, 09:07 PM
The difference is just 3 days, also like Pants said, probably is not their fault.

linktriforce007
09-20-2010, 05:51 PM
The difference is just 3 days, also like Pants said, probably is not their fault.

Sigh, this old swan song.

Dead Rising 2 - Britain gets early.
Fable 3 - America gets early.
Halo Reach - Same day.

Each country gets first or second, or the same depending on the title. In other words; who cares? Wait the few days. It's not really a big deal. There's plenty of other games I'm sure we own.

Miss Allen86
09-20-2010, 06:09 PM
It's only a 3-day difference between America and Europe, so it's not really such a big deal (I think)

It may only be a 3 day wait to get Fable3 in the UK, but 3 days will seem like an eternity to some Fable lovers. I live in the US and cannot wait another month for this. This game will be....brilliant lol ^_^

Toams07
09-21-2010, 02:29 PM
It may only be a 3 day wait to get Fable3 in the UK, but 3 days will seem like an eternity to some Fable lovers. I live in the US and cannot wait another month for this. This game will be....brilliant lol ^_^

If someone can't wait for another THREE days I think you're just addicted ..

jtr1gg3r
09-21-2010, 03:21 PM
Idk why ppl get so worked up over the 3 day wait =/

Its 3 days ffs! LOL

Its only really FIFA coming out earlier this year that baffles me since its massive and literally religion in the UK :P

but its only 3 days so who cares

FireWarrior316
09-21-2010, 04:49 PM
Notice the topic creator hasn't posted anymore. I think he/she/it is trying to just start arguements on here about the US and UK. I live in the US. If I get the game the 26th then awesome but if I had to wait til the 29th its no big deal. I am a huge fable fan. I've played them all and I can officially say 3 days don't matter. just be glad you are getting the game and have the money for it.

linktriforce007
09-21-2010, 04:55 PM
Notice the topic creator hasn't posted anymore. I think he/she/it is trying to just start arguments on here about the US and UK.

Like a Helter Skelter event only on X360A forums... that's not nice

Volzagia
09-21-2010, 05:12 PM
Notice the topic creator hasn't posted anymore. I think he/she/it is trying to just start arguements on here about the US and UK. I live in the US. If I get the game the 26th then awesome but if I had to wait til the 29th its no big deal. I am a huge fable fan. I've played them all and I can officially say 3 days don't matter. just be glad you are getting the game and have the money for it.

I havent had access to the internet, Nor am I getting the game on day 1 I just think its stupid.

Quarantane
09-21-2010, 05:20 PM
I still have to preorder this for my girlfriend. She loves the Fable series and I'm sure she could wait 3 days.

I'm sure alot of people would like it sooner rather than later, but sometimes patience is required.

I ordered the Halo: Reach xBox bundle over Amazon and had to wait 3 days for shipping, I didn't really care to much. In fact I didn't even play Reach until 2 days after I got it.

sweatdog
09-21-2010, 05:22 PM
2 or 3 days one way or the other doesn't bother me, but I can understand the hardcore gamer who wants to be amongst the first in the world to 100% the game being annoyed.

CJLewis
09-21-2010, 05:28 PM
That has nothing to do with Lionhead. They are only the developer. The publisher (Microsoft) is an American company. They foot the bill to manufacture and market the product, so they get to choose when and where it gets released.

Exactly, still it's gonna be an awesome game AGAIN

TwistedFate
09-21-2010, 07:47 PM
Consider it the universe self-correcting. Turn 10 is an American company with an American publisher and the UK got Forza 3 three days before the States. Sometimes you get it first, sometimes you get it last. It's only 3 days, not several months.

Jellybean468
09-21-2010, 10:24 PM
I don't mind. I have Reach.

Crowflux
09-22-2010, 02:44 AM
I don't see the big deal. Def. not Lionhead's decision on the release date, I'm sure.
As for the weapons... who cares? It's not like they're getting a new puppy where the US gets a flaming poop sack.

Toams07
09-22-2010, 02:41 PM
Okay everyone thinks it not a problem (and if you do you're an addict) so let's not talk about it anymore!
It's just everyone saying the same stuff like everyone

blade_pkr
09-23-2010, 10:50 AM
Hehe, what about those who are getting Fable 3 as a christmas present? they have to wait even longer. But seriously, three days isn't so bad. I'm sure this game will be well worth the wait!!

Klebo
09-25-2010, 10:18 AM
wow it comes out 3 days earlier in the US than the UK pre-order it and it'll be 2 days after as I've done for the Limited Edition :). I don't care if America get it first it won't change how good the game is!

eddriver
10-21-2010, 03:24 AM
Ok while I agree that 3 days isn't that bigger deal I still don't see why all games can't just be released at the same time it would make it a lot fairer

gimli1357
10-21-2010, 09:19 AM
I wish I Lionhead would have a "Gaming With Developers" for the pre-orderers, (is that even a word? pre-orderers?), it would be so cool to play Fable III with Peter Molyneux. Still it's going to be a awesome game. I do feel bad for the people in the UK not getting it at the same time, but at least it's not like a week's difference.

Toams07
10-21-2010, 09:35 AM
I wish I Lionhead would have a "Gaming With Developers" for the pre-orderers, (is that even a word? pre-orderers?), it would be so cool to play Fable III with Peter Molyneux.

Yeah that'd be awesome

MasterKingz
10-21-2010, 10:32 PM
Honestly the delivery day for all games should be Wednesday so America get it a bit late and UK and Australia get it earlier its only fair.

machina1985
10-22-2010, 11:53 AM
Not too fussed about a 3 day gap, I remember the days of waiting an extra 3-4 months for the likes of Final Fantasy in PSX/PS2 days, so I can live with a small gap.

Looking to pre-order this in the UK, any good prices from suppliers who distribute it nice and early?

jack3auer
10-22-2010, 12:32 PM
www.shopto.net - you can expect to receive it the day before release

also this release date thing is because UK distributors decided to release games on a friday and DVD's etc on mondays, this is so that shops can get deliveries and get the stock on the shelves without too much fuss which would happen all the same time.

americas games come out on tuesdays. only for the likes of COD or Halo do you get a worldwide release.

ToTaL EclipsEz
10-22-2010, 09:19 PM

Agreed. Please just deal with it guys.

Toams07
10-23-2010, 09:56 AM
Agreed. Please just deal with it guys.
:whs

3 days for US, 6 for Europe.
It's like like your gonna die in those three days

gimli1357
10-24-2010, 05:05 PM
If someone can't wait for another THREE days I think you're just addicted .. Maybe, but if you think about it, you want to play the game with other people when it comes out and you want to be on the same page. You'd be surprised how far some people can get in a game in three days. I wish they released them both at the same time for the English people, you don't want other people to spoil the story for you. I'm an American, but it would be nice for the English to not have to wait extra because of where they live. I know it's not Lionheads fault they're just the developers, but come on Microsoft :mad:.

oXStarKillerXo
10-24-2010, 05:40 PM
Not really bothered about a 3 day difference. Game is almost here anyway.

Plus I don't think some of the people who posted here understand how games releases work. While Lionhead (The developer) may be a British company... Microsoft (The Publisher) is not.

It's 3 days people. The Americans will still be there when we get it ;)