PDA

View Full Version : Halo reach> Fifa online BAN

unique riggers
09-19-2010, 12:05 AM
So in halo reach they have just introduced somthing i would love to see in fifa, if u quit out of a certain number of online ranked matched u recieve a 30 minute ban that gradually increase the more u quit out of game and bans that person from there servers so they cant play ranked matches for the set number of minute/hours they are banned for and if they put this in on fifa it could help prevent people from quitting.
What are your thoughts on this people
personally i would love it as i dont quit online matches and it annoys me when someone quits against me and that is one of the reasons i stopped playing ranked on fifa10 as to many ppl quit but if they bring this in i would love it as i will know they have quit against me but i will also know they are getting a reward of a ban from playing ranked matches for a while.

Sir Noodlez
09-19-2010, 06:15 AM
why the need for two threads. Do you know about the edit button.

Banning people would be good for head to head because as soon as you get 3-0 on a match, most people would quit. Its even worst if you go 3-0 in the first 10 minutes. It would encourage people not to quit. Would be good in my eyes.

Lizard UK
09-19-2010, 07:30 AM
Yes this is a good idea, especially with games and game modes when it's one on one. It would encourage people not to quit out of ranked matches. It would be annoying though, if you randomly got disconnected from Xbox Live which had nothing to do with your internet connection.

But knowing EA, they probably wouldn't even bother introducing something like this any time soon. But it's still a good idea.

Mister Spraggsy
09-19-2010, 07:59 AM
I hate quiters. 99% of the time i play the Be a Pro Online and the amount of people that quit as crazy. I have been on the end of like 12:0 defeats but i just stay.

Sure my stats would look bad after that but who cares? I dont care if someone looks at my stats and thinks im poo. To many people quit to save there stats or cant be botherd to turn thing aroung and go for the win.

God i hate quiters

Grey Delta
09-19-2010, 03:47 PM
The achievement is now for 100 games played, not 100 wins so hopefully even if they quit, you get credit towards the achievement.

Lizard UK
09-19-2010, 04:07 PM
The achievement is now for 100 games played, not 100 wins so hopefully even if they quit, you get credit towards the achievement.

Yes hopefully, but this isn't really about achievements, not all gamers go for the achievements. Some people actually just want to have fun and play a full ranked match without people deliberately quitting out because they are losing. So banning people might help.

Grey Delta
09-19-2010, 05:25 PM
Yes hopefully, but this isn't really about achievements, not all gamers go for the achievements. Some people actually just want to have fun and play a full ranked match without people deliberately quitting out because they are losing. So banning people might help.

I think both are related though. If someone was losing 3-0 in the first 10 minutes in 10, it was more efficent (and douchebaggey) to quit out and find a new game that they might win, to count towards the achievement. With the achievement now, it would make no sense to quit out as it (hopefully) wont count towards their achievement.

The people you're talking about generally wouldn't be the type to quit out anyway, so it should be a win-win situation for everybody :)

Lizard UK
09-19-2010, 07:33 PM
I think both are related though. If someone was losing 3-0 in the first 10 minutes in 10, it was more efficent (and douchebaggey) to quit out and find a new game that they might win, to count towards the achievement. With the achievement now, it would make no sense to quit out as it (hopefully) wont count towards their achievement.

The people you're talking about generally wouldn't be the type to quit out anyway, so it should be a win-win situation for everybody :)

Yes I totally understand what you're saying, the achievement thing is related but much less in my opinion. I know this is the FIFA 11 forum but I was thinking more in general, all other games. Bungie, who introduced this banning, I don't think they sat down together and said…right the main reason we are going to start banning people is so the achievements can be more easily obtained. Apparently Bungie said "quitting creates a really negative experience, we have the tools to remove them from the population so that they couldn't spoil anyone else's fun".

You're right, the people I was talking about generally wouldn't be the type to quit out on FIFA. But on FIFA quitters will be quitters. Whether they are achievements hunters, hardcore online FIFA players or casual online FIFA players. Quitting on FIFA occurs too often in my experience.

Grey Delta
09-19-2010, 08:26 PM
I see what you're saying and completely agree that quitters getting banned for a short while is a good idea (to a certain extent) but it's EA, when has EA ever done anything with the consumer in mind, apart from try to take their money.

I don't think quitting will be as bad this year though, for reasons stated before.

Lizard UK
09-19-2010, 09:30 PM
I see what you're saying and completely agree that quitters getting banned for a short while is a good idea (to a certain extent) but it's EA, when has EA ever done anything with the consumer in mind, apart from try to take their money.

I don't think quitting will be as bad this year though, for reasons stated before.

I do like EA but yes, they are serious money grabbers.

lol...maybe EA will start charging people who quit out of ranked matches. Ha ha joking of course.:p

James Medway
09-19-2010, 09:46 PM
I do like EA but yes, they are serious money grabbers.

lol...maybe EA will start charging people who quit out of ranked matches. Ha ha joking of course.:p

Mate i wouldn't even put that out there ha, EA will do anything to make as much money as they possibly can

Lizard UK
09-19-2010, 09:56 PM
Mate i wouldn't even put that out there ha, EA will do anything to make as much money as they possibly can

Ha ha true. But even EA should realise that making money from people from who quit would be taking things too far.

Fmr. Bertwhistle
09-20-2010, 07:51 PM
I'd rather they just gave the win to the afflicted party.

BIGbivvie
09-20-2010, 08:27 PM
I'd like to see that in FIFA 11

Lizard UK
09-20-2010, 08:34 PM
I'd rather they just gave the win to the afflicted party.

Yes I agree, if someone quits then the afflicted party should get the win, that should be standard.

But...if you went 1 or 2 goals up early on in the game then your opponents keep quitting, you'd be happy as long as you get the win? Wouldn't you like to actually play the game you paid for? Play a full ranked match and have fun?

If someone quit out while I was winning and then I got credit for the win then yeah sure I'd be happy. But there are plenty of people out there who love playing this game online and actually want to complete a full ranked match when they are winning. So this ban could stop people quitting.

keymanu1
09-22-2010, 02:26 PM
i honestly couldn't care as long as i get the win for them quitting...even if they quit before the 5th minute!! :)

deadie
09-25-2010, 08:44 PM
I would like to see it in Fifa 11 and you should actually get the win counted as a win..

Although In halo its a stupid idea as sometimes you cant always play a really long game that you dunno how long it goes on for..
For Fifa it would be perfect, then again can EA be botherd to ban 3/4 of the community for a small period? lol

RCA BR
09-26-2010, 08:59 AM
Fifa10 No, I've won 219 games and winning 100 not opened Wins Achievement

Tommo
09-26-2010, 09:15 PM
Correct me if you can already do this but wouldnt it be better if you can view a players stats,like number of quits before you go into a match with them?

CFC07
09-26-2010, 09:48 PM
Correct me if you can already do this but wouldnt it be better if you can view a players stats,like number of quits before you go into a match with them?
ya i think they should do that two it would be good to have some stats like games played and dnf before u accept the opponent. .

TIRO23
09-26-2010, 10:07 PM
Thanks to ea sports

CFC07
09-26-2010, 10:22 PM
Thanks to ea sports
have you played it online yet .. is there a new system for quitters ?