PDA

View Full Version : Question about award 37, destroy 20 gems at once

Likkel
09-19-2010, 01:08 AM
Hi there,

I'm struggling to get award 37, destroy 20 gems. Basically I have no idea what counts as a gem and what doesn't. Does a power gem count as 0, 1 or 4? Any info is appreciated :woop:

Cheers,

Ronald

ianke_2002
09-21-2010, 08:52 PM
im struggling with this too..as i SWEAR ive destroyed WELL more than 20 gems at once on multiple occasions

izret101
09-23-2010, 10:53 PM
I actively tried getting this earlier.
I decided to try it with all gems of a single color(including wildcards) rather than blowing up 2 colors at once for 20 gems.

I am not sure but i would assume a power gem is one gem.
I am pretty sure it makes some sort of mention of this in the tutorial.
I know it says something about if you have rage gems it gives you the rage like you destroyed them but if you use x2 or Wildcard gems to make a power gem you lose their function.

ianke_2002
09-26-2010, 04:39 PM
somebody needs to post an answer to this question as the award is CLEARLY not worded correctly. I have actually gone so far as to email infinite interactive and see if they could clarify this problem.

izret101
09-26-2010, 10:21 PM
I ended up gettint this a few hours after my last post.
Since i am still working on the Green Gems challenge ended up putting my equipment/familiars to make green gems/wildcard gems more common.

I was fighting the mummy hidden battle at the end of the game and snaked my green gems into as many linking patterns as i could without getting power gems.
I actually ended up blowing up WAY more than 20 gems the time i did get it...

The most difficult thing will be getting 20 gems patterned together and not having the enemy die first.
Try to control about 3/4ths of the screen at all times.

It may be that the power gems do only count as a single gem?