PDA

View Full Version : Achievement Guide (in progress)

GordoJones88
09-19-2010, 03:04 AM
http://files.g4tv.com/ImageDb3/239201_S/Space-Invaders-Infinity-Gene-.jpg

You fire your weapon much faster when you remain stationary.

Basics
To receive any of the achievements you must get to the
Game Over screen or Stage Results screen at the end of a level.

You will earn the ability to set the number of lives to 3 5 7 9.
You can have the options set to 9 lives to play through the whole game.
You can have the options set to 9 lives to unlock all of the achievements.

You can unlock 10 different ships each with their own unique weapon.

Beat Normal mode on Normal difficulty to unlock Hard difficulty.
Beat Bonus mode Level 2-6 to unlock Insane difficulty.
Beat all 99 Challenge levels to unlock Nightmare difficulty.

Saving High Scores
You must have the options set to 3 lives to record your high scores for each level.
Each level saves three different results: chains, nagoya attacks, and high score.
You can add a new high score to a level for any of these three, independently of each other.
These scores are posted next to each level, and are not saved to the leaderboards.
The leaderboard scores are based on your highest score playing as many
consecutive levels for as long as you can with the options set to 3 lives.

Abilities
You will earn the ability to pass through enemy fire for the first second of their shot.
This is how to do Nagoya Attacks which add a lot of points to your score.

You will earn the ability to fire much faster when you remain completely stationary.
This is the most important technique in the game for clearing stages.

You have a Chain combo meter that multiplies your score.
You cannot let it go more than a few seconds without killing an enemy, or it will reset.

Upgrading the Weapon
You can upgrade your ship's weapon up to five times by shooting
the small UFOs and collecting the tricolor orbs they release.
You will pulse a square when you upgrade.
When you've upgraded five times you will no longer pulse a square.
When you die you will release the orbs you had, minus one.
So if you had upgraded five times you will release four orbs you can get back.
Even if you had not upgraded with any orbs at all,
when you die you will always release two orbs you can collect to upgrade,
which can be crucial when fighting a boss.

Boss Tip
When you beat the first part of a level and get the "Boss entering the stage" screen,
if you lose all of your lives and get the Game Over screen and retry,
you will skip the first part of the level and start back at the boss.
However, most of the time you will not be given the chance to collect any tricolor orbs.
When fighting the boss and you lose a life you will always release 2 orbs,
you should get them to upgrade your ship's weapon to beat that boss.
If it is difficult boss and the level has no UFOs to shoot,
you will not have a chance to collect any orbs to upgrade you ship's weapon.
Assuming you are playing with the options set to 9 lives,
you can purposely die twice in rapid succession releasing 2 orbs each time you die.
If you are fast enough you will be able to collect up to 4 orbs at once
to upgrade your ship's weapon to beat that boss.
Credit goes to me trying to beat that infernal Crab boss.

EASY DIFFICULTY CLEAR
Beat Normal Mode on Easy.
Beat the last stage Level 5-6 to get this achievement.
Use the Field weapon to defeat the boss.
You can have the options set to any number of lives.

NORMAL DIFFICULTY CLEAR
Beat Normal Mode on Normal.
Beat the last stage Level 5-6 to get this achievement and unlock the Hard difficulty.

HARD DIFFICULTY CLEAR
Beat Normal Mode on Hard.
Beat the game on Normal difficulty to unlock Hard difficulty.
Set to Hard difficulty and beat just the last stage Level 5-6 to get this achievement.

INSANE DIFFICULTY CLEAR
Beat Normal Mode on Insane.
Beat Bonus mode level 2-6 to unlock Insane difficulty.
Set to Insane difficulty and beat just the last Level 5-6 to get this achievement.
Use the Field weapon to dispatch the boss, but he shoots back at you.

NIGHTMARE DIFFICULTY CLEAR
Beat Normal Mode on Nightmare.
Beat all 99 Challenge levels to unlock Nightmare difficulty.
Set to Nightmare difficulty and beat just the last Level 5-6 to get this achievement.
Use the Field weapon to dispatch the boss.

MUSIC FAN
Play Music Mode 10 times.
Read the instructions when you first select Music mode.
The game will use songs you have ripped to your hard drive.
You must have named playlists stored on your console,
otherwise it will give you an error message.
It will only play the first song in each playlist.
When the song finishes it will start the song over and give you a boss.
Beat the boss and the game will go back to the main menu.
Play this 10 times to get this achievement.
You do not have to defeat the boss to get credit.
The shorter the song, the faster it will be over.
There are no leaderboards for this mode.

CLASSIC UFO HUNTER
Eliminate the UFO in Stage 0.
Play Level 0 and shoot the single UFO.
You will need to get the UFO to come from the left side.
When stage starts head right for a few seconds and then go back to the left.
You can get up to two shots at the UFO before the level ends.
Kill yourself and get to the Game Over screen to get this achievement.

1,500 CHAINED
Achieve a chain of 1,500.
Play Level 5-2 and use the Field weapon.
In the middle of this level you will need to shoot the small UFOs
when they appear on the right and left of the screen to keep this chain going.
You can get around a 2,000 Chain before getting to the boss stage.
You can also get the High Score of 10,000,000 achievement.

HIGH SCORE OF 10,000,000
Acquire a high score of 10,000,000.
Play Level 5-2 and use the Field gun.
If you want your scores to count on the leaderboard, you must have the option set to 3 lives.
You can also get the 1,500 Chained achievement.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1496/+i1OOA==.jpg 1,000 NAGOYA ATTACKS 10http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png
Perform 1,000 Nagoya Attacks in a single stage.

Play Bonus Mode Level 1-1.
Before you do this you must have already unlocked the ability to pass through enemy fire for a second.
You need to be directly under the UFO at the top of the screen when he fires off his weapon.
When you are directly under him, his bullets will pass through you.
Do not fire at the UFO at any point.
Destroy any other enemy ships that are in your way.

CHALLENGE MODE CLEAR
Beat all 99 stages in Challenge Mode.
You can have the options set to any number of lives and any difficulty.
This achievement will take the most time.
You must have the options set to 3 lives to save any of your high scores for each level.

CONTINUE-FREE CLEAR
Beat Normal Mode without using any continues (on any difficulty level with any number of ships).
You should most definitely have the options set to any 9 lives and Easy difficulty.
You should first practice the hard bosses near the end until you can easily defeat them without losing lives.
First do some practice on Level 4-3, 5-1, 5-3 and any of the others that might give you trouble.

GordoJones88
09-19-2010, 03:09 AM

JDUB XL
09-19-2010, 12:50 PM
Great work so far! Thanks :)

JotaroRaido
09-20-2010, 02:24 AM
Nice guide so far. :) A few tips I'll add for anyone trying to 200 this:

One thing that can help save time on challenge mode is using the "classic" weapon, which is the last weapon that unlocks. It fires really slowly, but will kill just about anything, including most bosses, with one shot. Since otherwise half your time may be spent on bosses, it cuts it down quite a bit. The last dozen or so stages turn on suicide bullets, so you don't really want to be shooting much anyway.

For the no-continue clear, play on easy with 9 lives of course, but to save some aggravation, I'd recommend doing a couple runs from a later stage like 4-3 or 5-1 just to ensure you know the patterns, and make sure you can get through with minimal lives lost. Even on easy it's easy to die at some parts if you aren't careful. It takes over an hour to reach this point from stage 0, and I ran out of lives on 5-3 TWICE while trying for this.

Jediboy
09-20-2010, 01:48 PM
Could you add a list of weapons that you can unlock during progression of the game as well please?

Don't need when they unlock cause I think that would be too hard to figure out... I played for about 2-3 hours last night and unlocked weapons up to the gravity weapon...

BigApple3AM
09-20-2010, 08:08 PM
Do you have to play 10 different songs/playlists? Or can you just play the same song/playlist 10 times?

Jediboy
09-20-2010, 09:59 PM
Do you know if the difficulty achievements stack? I started on Normal without thinking about changing the game settings...

GordoJones88
09-20-2010, 10:11 PM
Do you have to play 10 different songs/playlists? Or can you just play the same song/playlist 10 times?

It can be the same song/playlist.

Do you know if the difficulty achievements stack? I started on Normal without thinking about changing the game settings...

They do not stack.
You only have to play the last level of the game on each difficulty to get each achievement.

Jediboy
09-21-2010, 12:03 AM
Thanks Gordo!

GordoJones88
09-21-2010, 12:07 AM
Could you add a list of weapons that you can unlock during progression of the game as well please?

Since none of the achievements require unlocking the different ships and weapons, I left them out.
I think it takes away from the fun of unlocking each new ship and discovering how the different weapons work.

Someone should start a thread and list the 10 different ships,
how the weapons work, how the upgrades alter the weapons,
and what bosses it does and does not work well for.

Jediboy
09-21-2010, 01:04 AM
Since none of the achievements require unlocking the different ships and weapons, I left them out.
I think it takes away from the fun of unlocking each new ship and discovering how the different weapons work.

Someone should start a thread and list the 10 different ships,
how the weapons work, how the upgrades alter the weapons,
and what bosses it does and does not work well for.

I can take care of the list of ships... I got all but the last one unlocked so it'll give me a chance to go back and use the ones I skipped over to figure out what they do... And earn points towards the ship as well...

I'll get started on it tomorrow after college lets out...

S3M
09-21-2010, 02:06 PM
1,500 CHAINED
Achieve a chain of 1,500.
Play Level 5-2 and use the Field weapon.
You can get around a 2,000 Chain before getting to the boss stage.
You can also get the High Score of 10,000,000 achievement.

HIGH SCORE OF 10,000,000
Acquire a high score of 10,000,000.
Play Level 5-2 and use the Field gun.
If you want your scores to count on the leaderboard, you must have the option set to 3 lives.
You can also get the 1,500 Chained achievement.

1,000 NAGOYA ATTACKS
Perform 1,000 Nagoya Attacks in a single stage.
Play Bonus Mode Level 1-1.
Before you do this you must have already unlocked the ability to pass through enemy fire for a second.
You need to be directly under the UFO at the top of the screen when he fires off his weapon.
When you are directly under him, his bullets will pass through you.
Do not fire at the UFO at any point.
Destroy any other enemy ships that are in your way.

Nice guide by the way was tempted to do one myself for this game.

Few points you need to make clear:
1. All achievements don't unlock till you die and see the game over screen, save message must appear.
2. In the case of the finish the game achievements you must watch the credits and see the save message at the end. (I wouldn't like to find out what happens if you quit early.)

All of the above three mentioned achievements can be done much earlier and easier on 2-3 and 2-4. You do still need to have the field attack for the 1,500 chain.

In 2-3 you have the UFO to do the 1,000 Nagoya Attacks and in 2-4 you get a section where you get 2000 blocks chucked at you to get the 1,500 chain. Doing both these tricks together will get you way over 10 million score as well.

S3M
09-21-2010, 02:11 PM

No they don't which is very annoying, so you have to finish the final level four times.

Jediboy
09-21-2010, 07:13 PM
2. In the case of the finish the game achievements you must watch the credits and see the save message at the end. (I wouldn't like to find out what happens if you quit early.)

You don't have to watch the credits... I quit early all 4 times the credits popped up and I still got the achievements...

And I'm done figuring out all the weapons and what each upgrade does... Just have to make it all pretty and presentable, which I'll take care of later tonight after my twins go to bed

Zonic505
09-22-2010, 04:23 PM
Great write-up. I could never figure out how to exactly do those Nagoya Attacks, but now I know.

For the 1,500 combo, another good stage is Bonus 1-4 w/ Field. I got over 2,500 Combo on that stage. Not to mention that by doing Bonus 1-3, 1-4, & 1-5, I was able to get the 10 million points achievement as well, again with Field.

aciddata
09-30-2010, 11:03 AM
Confirmation that 5-2 probably is the best level for the 1500 combo and 10,000,000 points score using the 'field' weapon and blast away!

Cheers :D

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u38/mikey_madrox/001.jpg?t=1285844225

EisenFaustZeta
10-02-2010, 04:22 AM
Pardon me, but I regret to tell you that the Nagoya Attacks are not featured in this game. What do you mean I have to unlock the ability to pass through enemy bullets? The only unlockables are Bonus Stages, Lives, Difficulties and BGMs. This marks as the first Space Invaders game to not feature a Nagoya Attack. Nagoya is not a word and doesn't have a meaning. Don't you know that?:confused:

Tyger7
10-02-2010, 04:38 AM
Hey for the guide you should input these achievement tiles :)

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/space-invaders-infinity-gene/achievements/

EisenFaustZeta
10-02-2010, 04:42 AM
Hey for the guide you should input these achievement tiles :)

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/space-invaders-infinity-gene/achievements/

Very well.

aciddata
10-02-2010, 12:47 PM
Very well.

Uh, very well? Tyger wasn't talking to you dude he was talking to the author of the guide :confused:

Jediboy
10-02-2010, 05:52 PM
Pardon me, but I regret to tell you that the Nagoya Attacks are not featured in this game. What do you mean I have to unlock the ability to pass through enemy bullets? The only unlockables are Bonus Stages, Lives, Difficulties and BGMs. This marks as the first Space Invaders game to not feature a Nagoya Attack. Nagoya is not a word and doesn't have a meaning. Don't you know that?:confused:

It's a passive ability.... Not something you can arm yourself with...

Nagoya Attacks are in the game... All that's required is for you to "pass through" enemy attacks within the first second.... Anything after the first second, you'll get killed....

I'm not sure what you're going on about or even if you've played the game... If you've played the game you'd know what was being talked about...

GordoJones88
10-03-2010, 12:48 AM

Oops, sorry.
Can you please call Microsoft and ask them to remove the achievement for '1000 Nagoya Attacks' since the game clearly does not have Nagoya Attacks.

You might also want to ask them delete it from your achievements since you earned '1000 Nagoya Attacks' yesterday.

Jokerman78
10-10-2010, 08:37 PM
A lot of good information . I'm looking forward to applying some of these strategies. The music from this game gets stuck in my head for days at a time.

TheS1B
10-24-2010, 07:02 PM
Like Zonic505 said, its easier to do 1500 chain on bonus level 1-4. Just flying left and right using Field weapon. And killing last boss with gravity weapon is faster for difficulty achivements ;)

Drake O'Phile
11-19-2010, 10:13 PM
It's worth mentioning that to unlock Insane mode you have to beat all of the Bonus levels, not just 2-6. If the square has a blue dot inside of it then that level is "new" and has not been beaten yet. (I went straight to 2-6 first but did not unlock anything until I went back to 1-1, then upon clearing 2-5 I unlocked Insane mode.)

Ishiyumi
11-29-2010, 02:33 AM
if you want to add it , last 10 challenges are easier with the gravity ship