PDA

View Full Version : Given up(playing)

scoobydiesel
03-20-2006, 11:10 PM
what games ahve you rented or bought that you have given up on playing from ether wasnt fun or the achievements where to hard or whatever reason you may have.

mine was/is Fifa 06, just not my kind fo game and i flippin sucked at it...i lost very badly and just couldnt really understand the game nor care enough to try it.

Lets try and keep this friendly and what not so no trash talking if someone could nto beat a game that you did. (ie I didnt beat fifa and minty has)

If you know who you are teasing and know you guys are joking thats fine but let not get out of controle with it.

thank you

k_dog
03-20-2006, 11:14 PM
DoA 4.

Apparently I scare my wife when I play because this game pisses me off faster than anything...:mad:

DarkLif3
03-20-2006, 11:22 PM
Perfect Dark Zero. Awful.

KillarPenguin
03-20-2006, 11:24 PM
PDZ, Amped 3 and PGR3 (except for PGR3 I will go back to it once I'm bored).

g4m3r7ag
03-20-2006, 11:36 PM
fifa 06 and quake 4

DaveWilma07
03-21-2006, 12:05 AM
Perfect Dark Zero, hands down. In fact I have it on auction on ebay :)

BucklingLeader
03-21-2006, 12:12 AM
The Outfit

DaveWilma07
03-21-2006, 12:14 AM
Never even understood how to play that game! (the outfit). Downloaded the demo and played one game and it was so confusing! I wasnt impressed.

DarkLif3
03-21-2006, 12:24 AM
It's fun ;)

LOST
03-21-2006, 01:41 AM
NHL 2K6.

AN ABSOLUTE TRAIN WRECK.:uzi:(NHL 2K6)
:woop:

xfrancox
03-21-2006, 02:12 AM
DoA 4.

Apparently I scare my wife when I play because this game pisses me off faster than anything...:mad:

I am the exact same way. I like it, but I hate it so much.

Sebastian55
03-21-2006, 02:49 AM
Uhhmm... I'm not real sure if I've played a game that I haven't liked yet. I've played a lot of games and even though some did have minor flaws, things that I felt the developers could have spent more time working on, I overall like the games that I've dived into head first on.:woop:

But there is a game, well not necessarily the game, but the achievements that tick me off. I would definitely have to say that it would be Kameo: Elements of Power. I am a platform game lover, and while all my friends think that platformers are for kids, most platformers offer more hectic puzzles and even better challenges than those that are presented in many mature games. Anyone agree? The game was fantastic but the one thing that gets/got on my nerves and I've almost given up on... are the "A Rankings for each level". Does anyone who has played the game agree? I've gotten 1 of the "A" Ranking achievements and that was it! I know that if I stuck with it, I could probably do it, but with all the news games coming up and my interest constantly being astrayed into a different direction with another game, I highly doubt that I'll ever do those simply because they are aggravating!! At least to me anyways... :( Maybe someday when there is a bad patch of games being released and it happens usually sometime during the lifespan of every console, I'll pop my Kameo back into my 360 and give it another shot, but until then... I'll stick with G.R.A.W. and soon Elder Scrolls: Oblivion!! :Bounce:

I'm not really one of those gamers who plays everything on the shelves either... I read a lot of articles, forums, etc... look at screenshots, videos, and more to really decide on games that I choose to cough up $60 on... Sixty bucks is a good chunk of change, especially for a game... and if I'm paying that much, then I'd like to get all my money's worth...

I don't like games that I can beat in a few hours... One I will mention straight off the top of my head was Fable on the original Xbox. It was a great game, but way too short!!! That's why I can't wait for Elder Scrolls: Oblivion to be at my local game retail store tomorrow! I try to purchase games that I think would have excellent replay value, which is why I love the idea of achievements entirely because it gives gamers a challenge, a reason to go back, blow the dust of some of their old games and go for achievements that they might not have been able to unlock, etc...

graf1k
03-21-2006, 03:11 AM
PDZ and Kameo. Kameo I just gave up on getting all the achievements. PDZ I gave up on ever liking it. I would have given up on NBA Live 06 but I was able to get the acheivements (which was the only reason I even rented it) in about 2 hours. I gave up on Ridge Racer 6 without even playing it. I rented it and then just dreaded ever playing it because I knew it would make me want to drown things (anybody that gets that reference has my respect. The Brits better get it) so I sent it back without ever playing it.

Minty
03-21-2006, 09:11 AM
i got 600 points on Kameo and dont know if i can be arsded to goback for the rest

DOA4 is shit- complete and utter shit. may try and do more but it pisses me off so much i wanna lay the smack down on someone

amped takes time but isnt hard, as is PGR3

but PDZ is the worst by far.

TimidKillah
03-21-2006, 02:02 PM
Well my GS isn't as high as some of you and that's because I spent most of my 360 life chasing Ridge Racer 6 achievements, but after finally having earned (ACHIEVED) 940 points and cracking the disc, I KNOW I'm giving up on those last 60 points. There's no way I'm doing 150(more) no collision races:nana

Oh yeah, I broke a controller cause of :uzi: DOA4 so thats out too.

freekwonder
03-21-2006, 02:18 PM
PDZ and FIFA for me, I sucked at both the games and just figured the the achievements poinst were not worth it. I have given up on COD2 for a little while now. I'm stuck on the last mission for the d-day campaign (town with the silo and you have to kill the mortars.) I don't like to play COD2 unless I have a few hours to site and kill towards it. I got quake 4 from gamefly and a friend siad it isn't worth the time for the little points you get so I didn't even open that one just sent it right back.

nestler16
03-21-2006, 05:05 PM
i absolutely hate both pdz and full auto... full auto i hated with a passion. i dreaded picking up the controller cause i knew the game sucked. same with pdz except i sucked at that game as well which made it twice as bad