PDA

View Full Version : Doctor Octopus Collectibles/Challenges

Tyger7
09-19-2010, 09:48 AM
http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd355/tygrt7/DoctorOctopus.jpg

Challenges

Spider Collector: Find all the Hidden Spiders
Collect all 8 of the Hidden Spiders. Refer to the locations in the Hidden Spiders section below.

Close Calls: Dodge Doctor Octopus’ arms 50 times in freefall
You cannot hit more than a couple in order to make it with 50. Speed up when needed but remember you can go slow sometimes to avoid the arms.

Stay Down!: Perform 5 web slams on a Public Eye Patrol officer.
You must have purchased this in the upgrade menu. Hit a target into the air holding ybut: then press :bbut: to do the web slam. You must have landed on the ground first before pressing :bbut:. You can perform multiple slams to enemies that aren’t already weak.

Alley Oop: Hit 3 enemies with Flying Maintenance Drones
While going through the level, you’ll notice flying robots with a light flying around. While in the air try to grab them and throw them at any enemy. You only need to do this three times.

Man Over Machine: Ledge run on Doctor Octopus’ mechanical arm
When you face the giant arm, stand on the circular areas in front of it. When the shutter opens it will reveal a neon glowing area. When the arm smashes down, it will get electrocuted and you can run up the arm to attack Dr. Octopus.

Accelerated: Defeat 5 enemies in a single Accelerated Vision
Just go into the slow motion and beat 5 weak enemies.

Super Slow-Mo: Trigger and empty Accelerated Vision 5 times
The power has to be completely full, and you must let it drain 5 times from full. You don’t have to be fighting anything when this happens.

Core Mechanic: Hit enemies using 3 energy cores dropped from a lab creature
When you see the purple sphere on the ground that the lab creatures drop, just throw it at any other enemy. This is a lot easier when only fight a few of them, because they are slower and you have more time to throw it before being attacked.

Swatting Flies: Hit 5 Jetbikes with web strike punches
While jumping in the air, hit :btbut: to string a web at the jetbikes which launches you at it. Now before you get to it, hit :xbut:.

Too Fast for You!: Hit 5 enemies with a single charge attack
You should at least have a level 2 version of this charge attack which you must purchase in the upgrade menu. Hold :xbut: until there’s a glow around your wrist to execute this move. The best enemies to get this on are the self destructing ones. When facing the 2nd mechanical arm, there are exactly 5 that will keep respawning as long as you don’t destroy the arm.

Cost You an Arm: Destroy both mechanical arms of Doctor Octopus
This is a story driven challenge. You beat both of the arms the same way, with the exception that arm 2 also has enemies spawning.

Emblem Collector: Collect 35 Spider Emblems
There are a total of 60 in the level. Use your spider sense to find them.

Cable Guy: Shut-down all 4 master cables that power up the lab
This is a story driven challenge you’ll get while completing the level.

Cutting Edge: Destroy 5 lab creatures with Doctor Octopus’ laser
In the final part of the fight with Doctor Octopus, she’ll shoot a laser at you. Just make it cross paths with the monsters. You’ll probably be doing this anyways, but make sure you don’t finish off Doctor Octopus until at least 5 are killed this way.

Breaking and Entering: Web pull 5 glass windows
When you must save 3 scientists, they are all behind glass windows. Web pull them all and make sure you grab the 4th window as well (which doesn't contain a scientist). You'll come to an area where there is one scientist later on (in lab 4) and there you should look around for that last window (the scientist is not behind it, but it's nearby).

Hidden Spiders

Hidden Spider 1/8
After defeating the first batch of enemies, a force shield will lower. Before heading through the high door, look below it for the spider.
Hidden Spider 2/8
In the room where you pull out the first core, face the hologram of the creature and turn around. Look straight up above the entrance where there are purple tubes. It’s below the tubes.
Hidden Spider 3/8
When you get to the next lab there will be a scientist there. To the right below the bridge that’s in front of him, is the spider.
Hidden Spider 4/8
When heading to the 3rd lab, look on the top right walkway as soon as you are entering.
Hidden Spider 5/8
When you get inside the area where you must save scientists behind the glass, there is a window that has a spider behind it instead of a scientist. It’s the first glass on the right side. Pull it down and grab the spider inside.
Hidden Spider 6/8
When you get to the third reactor after saving the 3 scientists, go behind the hologram to find the spider on the ground.
Hidden Spider 7/8
When you are done defeating the mechanical arm, you will be in a long room where you must swing to the end. Look to the left of the first purple tube and you’ll see a shield looking structure with glass. From the bottom, climb up and the spider is inside near the top.
Hidden Spider 8/8
At the 4th reactor, look up on the wall to the right of the hologram.

YouTube - Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions Doctor Octopus Hidden Spiders

http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd355/tygrt7/Previous.png (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=259836)http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd355/tygrt7/lvlslct.png (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=259406) http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd355/tygrt7/nextlevel.png (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=259659)

Mister Binky
09-20-2010, 06:40 PM
These guides are great Tyger. Seriously awesome job. This one is missing a challenge though. I can't remember the proper name for it, however you have to web pull 5 glass windows in the Alchemax labs. I was able to find and pull four of them when rescuing the three scientists however I have not found the fifth one. Anyone know where it is?

Density Jo
09-20-2010, 06:51 PM
These guides are great Tyger. Seriously awesome job. This one is missing a challenge though. I can't remember the proper name for it, however you have to web pull 5 glass windows in the Alchemax labs. I was able to find and pull four of them when rescuing the three scientists however I have not found the fifth one. Anyone know where it is?

after rescuring the first scientist, go to the right platform (the opposite platform), and pull the glass door that holds a golden spider emblem

Mister Binky
09-20-2010, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the tip, but I got that one. The challenge says to web pull five glass windows, and there are only four in that section. It's possible I'm remembering things incorrectly but I'm pretty sure I'm still tracking that one and I have yet to make my way to the 4th core. If I'm off base, I apologize for taking up everyone's time.

Density Jo
09-20-2010, 07:27 PM
Thanks for the tip, but I got that one. The challenge says to web pull five glass windows, and there are only four in that section. It's possible I'm remembering things incorrectly but I'm pretty sure I'm still tracking that one and I have yet to make my way to the 4th core. If I'm off base, I apologize for taking up everyone's time.

there is 4 in that section (3 gotten from breaking the glass walls, saving 3 sciencist and 1 for revealing the gold spider emblem) and another 1 in lab 4 (where u have to save a female sciencist) that makes it 5 glass walls

Mister Binky
09-20-2010, 07:53 PM
Ok cool. Thanks. I'll keep an eye out for the 5th one.

Tyger7
09-21-2010, 02:28 AM
oops i'll throw add that challenge, could have sworn I did that one but must not have copied it over from Word. Thanks for letting me know!

Kellwolf9E
09-23-2010, 05:36 PM
Ok cool. Thanks. I'll keep an eye out for the 5th one.

I didn't know about the one with the gold spider, and that's the one I was missing. The other 4 are story driven.

Great guides, BTW. Definitely gonna help me finish off that blasted Web of Destiny. Now, those platinum ratings, that'll be different.

NewSparta
10-30-2010, 11:48 PM
9 Days and still no fix for Breaking and entering.

Tyger7
11-14-2010, 10:43 AM
Added the details, someone please correct me if I'm wrong as I don't have the game anymore so I could not check the Web of Destiny for exact title and description. Appreciate everyone pointing out what was missing!

JDAckers
02-03-2011, 08:15 PM
Tip for "Breaking and Entering" - When helping the 4th Scientist in level 4 (the 5th glass door) make sure you open it after defeating the enemies in that area and it says "Save the Scientist" in the bottom left of the screen. I opened it before killing the enemies and it didn't unlock, so had to play through again >.<

Kievah
04-25-2011, 11:01 AM
Challenges

Close Calls: Dodge Doctor Octopus’ arms 50 times in freefall
You cannot hit more than a couple in order to make it with 50. Speed up when needed but remember you can go slow sometimes to avoid the arms.

Damn, I freakin' HATED this challenge!!!

Maybe it's just me, and my reflexes are rubbish, but it took me at least ten frustrating attempts. Hardest part of this game? ha..

I found that there were a few things that helped me:

Accelerating at the beginning and tight tunnel sections, and slowing down and using Accelerated Vision when the legs start coming
First section: stick to the top right the whole way. You can avoid everything this way, 12 legs...
Second section: stick to the centre, avoiding up and down where needed (about three times, I think I needed to adjust course).. should get hit once or twice, max..
Third section, or simply ARGHHH!!!: I kept trying to go down the bottom left, and either, I would avoid a tonne of hits or take them.. didn't help my chances, would hit 45 -48 dodges and restart with a few curses. First time I tried to stick to the top right and dodge toward the centre, I took five hits through the mayhem and beat the challenge.. maybe this is the best route? Worked for me

E vee dub
03-04-2012, 10:57 AM
QUESTION:
How do you dodge or destroy the slow missiles coming at you?

ANSWER:
Perform a "WEB STRIKE EVADE".
A (during Web Strike)
B (do a Web Strike), and while zipping to them, tap A to get on the other side so the enemy is b/w you and the incoming missile.

So you can't deflect them, just jump to the other side of an enemy and let the rockets hit them.

Plus, one of the challenges on the "SCORPION" level has you to divert 5 of these.
Return to Sender: Divert 5 missiles into any Heavy S.I.E.G.E Soldier
These enemies are the really big guys with the futuristic melee weapons whom also shoot homing missiles. When they shoot, get behind one of them so that the missiles hit them instead of you. Feel free to go into slow motion for this, as it helps greatly. If the enemies are close to each other, you will get double the diversions counted.

SPIDER-MAN: SHATTERED DIMENSIONS 1000G, Mar 7th 2012