PDA

View Full Version : MW2 Killer

iiDaRReN316x
09-19-2010, 11:57 AM
DEFO, IMO This game will be as good as Bad company 2

Xenolith666
09-19-2010, 12:03 PM
I seriously doubt that.. yea BC2 was great.. but it had no where near the following that Modern Warfare does.. Even if the numbers for MW2 drop because of this game.. this game will probably all but disappear when Black Ops comes out.

When MW2 first came out, according to the Infinity Ward servers.. for all the players they had online the first night it was released.. they could have amassed an army that would've been bigger than the US, China and Russia... combined. No other game can boast that lil stat. Thread killed.

iiDaRReN316x
09-19-2010, 12:16 PM
How many of those was kids? which basically covers the community for MW2 And i havent seen many kids play BC2.

Xenolith666
09-19-2010, 12:24 PM
If you hadn't noticed.. that is the target market for most of these types of games! In a perfect world it would be great to not have to listen to those whiny, racist, loud, pre-pubescent little bastards ever again, but they are the fuckin market.

So.. if MoH's target market is older adults.. well they just lost the battle by millions of copies.

And, if you're naive enough to think there won't be some teeny boppers sucking off the MTV tit playing this game.. you've got another thing coming. You don't live in the States.. we have millions of dumb parents that will buy this game for their kids.

iiDaRReN316x
09-19-2010, 12:33 PM
Well then they dont know what there misin : )

Xenolith666
09-19-2010, 12:37 PM
Either way.. this game will not kill MW2.

And it's also why I hardly ever play with a mic.

iiDaRReN316x
09-19-2010, 12:39 PM
Either way.. this game will not kill MW2. Well its kinda always been a war DICE vs Infinity ward now all of infinity wards guys are leavin I think DICE Will end up winning the war

Blkmag1k
09-19-2010, 12:47 PM
If you hadn't noticed.. that is the target market for most of these types of games! In a perfect world it would be great to not have to listen to those whiny, racist, loud, pre-pubescent little bastards ever again, but they are the fuckin market.

So.. if MoH's target market is older adults.. well they just lost the battle by millions of copies.

And, if you're naive enough to think there won't be some teeny boppers sucking off the MTV tit playing this game.. you've got another thing coming. You don't live in the States.. we have millions of dumb parents that will buy this game for their kids.
You don't have to live in the states to find parents/siblings buying games for kids who shouldn't be. That statement I find very ignorant

Xenolith666
09-19-2010, 12:57 PM
You don't have to live in the states to find parents/siblings buying games for kids who shouldn't be. That statement I find very ignorant

Fine, what I meant to say is: we have millions more dumb parents that will buy this game for their kids.. last I checked our population is a tad higher than England. And I was just stating a fact.. that well.. he doesn't live in the states. And perhaps I am ignorant, but I wasn't about to insult the parents in England because I certainly don't live there.

Barad
09-19-2010, 01:39 PM
You can't compare this or BC2 to MW2 or Black Ops because Call of Duty will rape every game out. Personally I prefer BC2 & Medal of Honor over Call of Duty though.

Boosta
09-19-2010, 04:43 PM
CoD = arcade-ish = kiddies
MoH/BF = more realism = appeal to older generation

That's basically it. It comes down to simple numbers, and the number of kids playing games > mid 20's to mid 30s. They're the market, despite the fact that it says 18+ right on the game.

blee717
09-19-2010, 08:07 PM
The controls are like Call of Duty with the flow of combat that mimics Bad Company 2.

Takamura Bear
09-19-2010, 09:15 PM
From the videos I've seen, it certainly looks more realistic and intense than anything MW has produced, but the hardcore fans of MW will always jump on the defensive when a subject like this is brought up.

I wouldn't underestimate the potential sales for this game. The Medal of Honor games can somewhat be thrown into that "casual" category as the franchise is well known and has sold well over the years.

But it's also the sudden controversy of the whole Taliban issue that's grabbed headlines everywhere, and suddenly made this one of the most wanted games of this year.

The Halo games sold far more than the Half Life games ever did, but that doesn't mean it's an inferior game, does it? BC2 probably didn't sell near the numbers that MW2 did, but it was a much better online game.

I did quite enjoy MW2 single player wise, but I didn't like what they did with the MP aspect. Too many hacks and glitches for my liking.

Frankly, I'm becoming a bit tired of the MW franchise and always preferred the original COD games, back when the franchise was at its peak.

Overall, sales don't really matter to me. If it's a better game, then it's a better game.

Bay Area gunner
09-28-2010, 10:54 PM
Well, MW2 has been dead to me for a long time, so I would agree with this. But to be honest, BO will sell well with all the kids and skilled gamers that need computer controlled vehicles to get kills for them and leave this game for real hardcore shooters. I don't care if it doesn't come close to COD's sales numbers and isn't at the top of the Top 10 played games, it will be a good game that has me very interested.

ShadyShall
09-29-2010, 01:21 AM
Unfortunately MoH will always be overshadowed by CoD… but I agree that long-term, the folks playing this will be older and a better crowd. Both CoD and Halo can be a magnet for retards and assholes. That’s why I stay away from those MP lobbies.

I’ll get this on day of release and probably get CoD:BO as well… but I have a suspicion I will return to this after finishing CoD for Mp experience… but who knows. Obviously I haven’t played either yet… J

planbfan
10-04-2010, 08:56 PM
best fps for me

lololmao7
10-04-2010, 11:12 PM
Obviously this game won't kill MW2. DUH!!! MW2 killed itself

iiDaRReN316x
10-05-2010, 11:40 AM
As much as i love COD, The community takes the game way too serious. maybe i should put on my motto Heli copter kills count = Example 9. in tribute to nuke counts.

D x NICE
10-06-2010, 06:01 AM
I honestly don't know if it will beat MW2 but it will be nice to find out. I personally have never played any MOH games but I am kinda sick of MW2 so I might rent when it comes out to see if I like it.

Mongolian Beef
10-06-2010, 06:12 AM
I didn't like the beta for moh. Maybe the campaign will at least be good.

KNIGHTOFSERA
10-06-2010, 06:16 AM
I seriously dont get the point of these threads.....

StillTIPPIN187
10-08-2010, 03:49 AM
I LoL at you ppl that say "Best FPS to me, Its the ""Killer"" of Call of Duty" get off your fanboy high horse, you haven't even cracked open a game case to play the new MoH. You dont know what to expect.. if its anything like the beta then it will be a fail game! Im looking forward to single player only, one multi made by dice is enought.. a bc2.2 is just stupid!

Im not trying to crack on MoH. im cracking on all you guys that are judging games before playing them just cuz it was your favorite shooting series before CoD.. guess what.. it was mine too! but im not gonna act as if its gonna redefine FPS when i haven't played it.

MoH will probably sell decent and i plan on playing it as well.. but its no CoD killer.

want the truth about this whole topic?

well here ya go.. http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders.php

sorry to break it to you biased fanboys.. even though this is for america only it'll reflect overall.

Black Ops total of 360 and ps3 preorders are 1,494,681
MoH total of 360 and ps3 preorders are 709,531

Yes that is correct, Black Ops has sold double the preorders of MoH, also keep in mind that black ops has about another month for preorders..while MoH has what 4 days?