PDA

View Full Version : New TV Shows

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
09-19-2010, 08:42 PM
There's quite a few new shows starting over the next week or two and wondering what you guys are looking into and might watch.

I will be watching 'Boardwalk Empire' as it looks like HBO's new big mobster show potentially replacing The Sopranos although set in the 1920's.

Will also be checking out 'The Event' to see how that goes. I feel like it could be another 'Flashforward' but with any luck it will be better and not get cut after a season.

Any other new shows you guys are checking out or maybe watching either of these shows.

tehapoc
09-19-2010, 09:19 PM
Boardwalk Empire looks pretty decent. Steve Buscemi's a pretty decent actor when given the right role.

Starstrukk X360A
09-19-2010, 09:50 PM
When it comes to new shows, I recently got into the new series Nikita and Hellcats, both recently premiered on theCW. I'm loving both (especially Hellcats, Nikita can drag on at times but it's still interesting.)

SSJ3
09-19-2010, 11:34 PM
I'm really looking forward to The Walking Dead.

oilysean
09-19-2010, 11:48 PM
Bahh! The inbetweeners has just re-started! If you haven't seen it yet and you love a laugh its a must to be watched!

DarthSoth
09-20-2010, 03:48 PM
I've begun watching Lost Girl on Showcase and so far it is pretty decent. Also getting into Nikita. I wasn't sure what to expect from this show but it has been good over the first 2 episodes.
I'm also going to check out the Event, and Undercovers and see if either of then stick for me. With the exception of Felicity I have watched and enjoyed all of JJ Abrams shows and I totall dig spy shows, so Undercovers will likely become a regular. Plus it is on wednesdays and my wednesdays are wide open, so it will get a little more benefit of the doubt than a monday or thursday show would for me.

WartyHogger
09-20-2010, 04:45 PM
Boardwalk Empire, came on last night, amazing.
The Event today, can't wait.
Housetoday, can't wait.
Fringe soon, so pumped.
Mad Men eventually, gotta find out when that starts, i might miss it. :(
Lone Star. Looks interesting, comes on tonight too I think.
Outlawed, show was actually good for me personally, will be watching more of it.
EDIT: Oh how could I forget The Big C, awesome show.

Pretty much all I watch.

exo-apollo
09-20-2010, 05:18 PM
I'm really looking forward to The Walking Dead.

Yeah that and Boardwalk Empire are the two new shows I really want to see. Also excited that Community second season starts as well.

The Pants Party
09-20-2010, 05:54 PM
If I had HBO I'd be all over Boardwalk Empire. I'll have to catch it on DVD though.

I am going to give The Event a try, despite hating Lost and Flashforward. Detroit 187 should be cool for me since I'm in the city daily, hopefully the stories are unique though and not rehashes of NYPD Blue and all those shows. No Ordinary Family will likely be dumb but my comic book roots dictate I give it a chance. Walking Dead is really the only one I have any hope for, it has looked great in previews.

Tinysmitty
09-21-2010, 04:18 AM
the Event is on tonight.

tedow
09-21-2010, 04:23 AM
Both the Event and the new Hawaii Five-0 premiered tonight. The Event had those annoying multi-tiered flashbacks. Hawaii Five-0 seemed pretty good. Here's hoping both shows improve next week.

exo-apollo
09-21-2010, 05:54 AM
Board walk Empire was damn flipping freaking awesome.

WartyHogger
09-21-2010, 07:02 AM
Both the Event and the new Hawaii Five-0 premiered tonight. The Event had those annoying multi-tiered flashbacks. Hawaii Five-0 seemed pretty good. Here's hoping both shows improve next week.

Yea, that got annoying the first three times they did it. I'm glad they added something not from this world at the end though, to keep me interested, wasn't for that scene, I would of dropped it on the spot. But I just have a feeling that the whole series could of easily been a 1 hour Fringe episode, or a simple 2 hour movie.

DarthSoth
09-21-2010, 06:37 PM
Yea, that got annoying the first three times they did it. I'm glad they added something not from this world at the end though, to keep me interested, wasn't for that scene, I would of dropped it on the spot. But I just have a feeling that the whole series could of easily been a 1 hour Fringe episode, or a simple 2 hour movie.

I figure I'll give the event another shot. I wasn't overly impressed with it to be honest. An awful lot of build up and jumping all over the place with very little substance. They showed the same thing over and over with like 2 minutes extra each time they showed it again.

iBlessing 09
09-21-2010, 08:31 PM
Excluded, definitely excluded. IT'S FILMED AT MY SCHOOL!

sweatdog
09-21-2010, 08:52 PM
We watched Boardwalk Empire Sunday, and enjoyed it immensely. Steve Buscemi played a charismatic and shady businessman and politician in prohibition era Atlantic City who is drawn into the darker side of gangster life due to events only partially in his control. I like the fact that Buscemi's character, while completely corrupted, has a softer side, as evidenced by his sympathy and support towards a local battered housewife. We'll be continuing to follow this show, I'm sure.

Also, we're looking forward to other new shows such as "The Event" and "S&$# My Dad Says", and returning shows "Fringe", "The Office", and "The Big Bang Theory".

titan318
09-22-2010, 03:33 AM
I'm not sure about "#@*! My Dad Says", but it's William Shatner, so I have to watch it. Real pumped for "Community" tomorrow with Betty White.

tehapoc
09-22-2010, 10:36 AM
Just watched 'Raising Hope' and it was pretty cool. Would recommend it to anyone who enjoyed 'My Name Is Earl'.

coed234
09-22-2010, 10:52 AM
Dexter this coming Sunday for the wife and I. I usually don't watch tv shows since I'm too busy playing games.

Deyankees1
09-22-2010, 11:11 AM
When it comes to new shows, I recently got into the new series Nikita and Hellcats, both recently premiered on theCW. I'm loving both (especially Hellcats, Nikita can drag on at times but it's still interesting.)

Woot Woot Hellcats is the Sh*t. Plus it doesn't hurt that the Aly chick is gorgeous mmmmmmm :p.

But Thursday is SUPERNATURAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the office lol.

DarthSoth
09-22-2010, 04:05 PM
Woot Woot Hellcats is the Sh*t. Plus it doesn't hurt that the Aly chick is gorgeous mmmmmmm :p.

But Thursday is SUPERNATURAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the office lol.

Supernatural is on friday now just after Smallville. And I am soo looking forward to Supernatural returning. As may be evident by my making an official supernatural topic. :p

Chuck was back on Monday and was pretty good. The Event was . . . decent. Came off a little scatterbrained that first episode so I will give it another shot before passing judgement on it. The Undercovers is on tonight and I am looking forward to it. Fringe back on tomorrow, woo hoo! and Big Bang moves to the already too busy Thursday night, which means I will be looking for another day to watch Bones. I think it rebroadcasts on friday here now. Used to be wicked when Newfie tv would show it on empty ass wed. Man, I really need to drop some shows.

Deyankees1
09-22-2010, 09:02 PM
Supernatural is on friday now just after Smallville. And I am soo looking forward to Supernatural returning. As may be evident by my making an official supernatural topic. :p

Chuck was back on Monday and was pretty good. The Event was . . . decent. Came off a little scatterbrained that first episode so I will give it another shot before passing judgement on it. The Undercovers is on tonight and I am looking forward to it. Fringe back on tomorrow, woo hoo! and Big Bang moves to the already too busy Thursday night, which means I will be looking for another day to watch Bones. I think it rebroadcasts on friday here now. Used to be wicked when Newfie tv would show it on empty ass wed. Man, I really need to drop some shows.

Oh crap it is, the 24th is a Friday lmao How did I miss that. I couldn't get into the Event got boring for me like 20 minutes in Chuck was awesome thou looking forward to this season.

Spoony Bard
09-23-2010, 12:40 AM
Boardwalk Empire looks to be historical fiction, in the vein of Deadwood, so it's got my interest. First ep was good, can't wait to see Nucky evolve into a more brutal gangster.

DarthSoth
09-23-2010, 05:25 PM
The Undercovers was pretty good. I don't find a lot of black women that attractive but damn the lead female in Undercovers is hot. How kick ass would it be if the Bristows make an appearance in this series at some point? I would looks my mind if that happened.

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
09-24-2010, 02:54 PM
I thought Boardwalk Empire was pretty awesome and love the Deadwood / Mobster feel to it, will keep watching for sure, have alot of hope for the show being a huge Sopranos fan.

The Event was pretty good for a pilot I thought. If anything it was too Flashforward and needed more impact for me. Alot of Lost style mystery though and hopefully it will pickup.

As for new series of old shows.
Chuck was alright, sure it will be a short / last season of the show. Don't have alot of hope for it being as good as past seasons if I am honest.

How I Met Your Mother was hilarious as usual and is a comedy show I don't want to see end although there are no indications that this series will be the last. I feel that it will be the penultimate though.

Modern Family continued as it was as a whole last season. Funny as per usual but I don't really count it as a real series.

House picked up right where it left off but I know the core story will soon take a backseat to more random cases like it always does. I just hope that this season it has a core story and sticks to it. *Spoiler* Can't believe how sudden 13 left :( *Spoiler End*

The Vampire Diaries has been pretty awesome but seems to also be heading down the 'Everything Supernatural vs Vampires' route as it needs to compete against True Blood I guess which just finished an awesome 3rd season.

Just watching the new Bones followed by Fringe and The Big Bang Theory! Also a new ep of The Vamp Diaries.

Supernatural and Smallville tomorrow.

Might check out The Walking Dead now after some comments here. If I can find time around all these other series'!

iBlessing 09
09-24-2010, 03:10 PM
Excluded and The Inbetweeners.

DarthSoth
09-24-2010, 09:17 PM
Big Bang last night was good. The robot arm and walowitz was pretty funny. I wonder how they got him past his mother to get him to the hospital though? Also, was I the only one who thought that Penny seemed to have put on a bunch of weight in her arms and ass?
Fringe was a good return last night. I am interested to see where this storyline is headed. I bet that Peter will be Olivia's re-trigger though.
I have to wait until tonight to see Bones. This is the first time that I have had a major conflict with my shows. Thankfully they rebroadcast it friday nights here. Used to be they aired it on Wednesdays before it officially aired in the states.

I am so stoked for Supernatural tonight, and suprisingly enough I am looking forward to Smallville as well. Must be that they are officially labeling it the final season so they HAVE to do a lot of the shit that they should have already done by now with the show.

tehapoc
09-24-2010, 10:10 PM
YouTube - The Office US - Season 7 Promo & New Opening Credits

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
12-20-2010, 12:50 PM
Posted alot in the TV section today but thought I would quickly post the trailer for the upcoming new HBO show 'Game of Thrones'

Looks good, its HBO and they have managed to get Sean Bean to play a role in a TV show. If anyone has seen the series 'Sharpe' I'm sure they are like me highly anticipating this show!

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Game+of+Thrones+Trailer&docid=386521694981&mid=E6C3F99D96F909FC6E84E6C3F99D96F909FC6E84&FORM=VIRE4
(http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Game+of+Thrones+Trailer&docid=386521694981&mid=E6C3F99D96F909FC6E84E6C3F99D96F909FC6E84&FORM=VIRE4)