PDA

View Full Version : 1 Million Points help.

Superjoint Ritual
09-19-2010, 10:06 PM
,/.,/.,/.,/.,/.

RadiantViper
09-19-2010, 10:24 PM
Start a new file on Hard. It takes like, 4 hours to complete the whole thing.

neeker75
09-20-2010, 02:49 AM
Seriously, if you don't shoot at the cops, they won't shoot you. They chase, but they won't shoot you. If you shoot at a car and it explodes, killing civilians and cops in the way, they still won't shoot you. You must've been too eager to shoot at any cops that are chasing you. All you need to do is to bribe them off, and you can start on your multiplier again.

There's so much time to blow cars up to top score this, I'm pretty sure I could score 2 million points or more if I wanted to. I just got tired of it and stopped at 1.2m (played on hard mode).

vetteindreams
09-20-2010, 06:20 AM
but neeker he's playing on easy - would what you are suggesting still be possible with this major scoring change?

SSJ3
09-20-2010, 12:05 PM
First off calm down it's only a game.

As long as you don't aim at the cops they wont shoot you.

SneakyofSneaks
09-20-2010, 12:10 PM
A quick run through on on easy gave me 560K, whereas hard gave me 860K so that's a lot of points to try and catch up on compared to hard.

Superjoint Ritual
09-21-2010, 12:37 AM
First off calm down it's only a game.

As long as you don't aim at the cops they wont shoot you.

I don't have to calm down. You jerkoffs who say "it's only a game" are stupid as shit. I paid ten dollars for this. If I paid ten dollars to see a movie that sucked ass, I have the right to bitch about it. Same thing. The cops DO shoot at you. It's unavoidable.

neeker75
09-21-2010, 02:14 AM
It's avoidable. Just don't shoot at them. Bribe them off. Flashing a weapon and shooting at cars give you a two-star rating max. Try using a shotgun to one shot a car's gas tank instead of a tommy. You can take out a cop (or three) with this method without raising your wanted rating. The couple of seconds it take to blow up a car with the tommy would constitute "shooting at the cops", which raise your wanted rating and lead to retailiation.

And, whether playing on easy or hard, it doesn't matter. There are people who got their million playing on easy. You just have to shoot more cars in more missions (which ended up taking up more time). I only grinded for points about three story missions and some car missions on hard, and got 1.2m eventually.

greco827
09-21-2010, 03:27 PM
Oh no, people shoot back at you. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

shootermcgavin2
09-21-2010, 03:52 PM
Seriously dude, why come on here whinging and crying like an old woman, saying this is impossible, that is impossible, it's clearly not impossible, you just have to know what your doing, I hate people like you, who target others on here who are trying to help idiots like you, the only problem here is.........your inability to play the game at a decent level!!

GROW UP!

kingmuller
09-23-2010, 11:10 AM
Millionaire achievement guide
- First i played the game on easy, just for fun and to see how big the game is. When i finished the DLC i had about 450.00 points.

Then i started to play the game on hard. I played each chapter as fast as possible so i could use the time left for blowing up cars and use the multyplier for boosting extra points.

First get full ammo incl granades.

Then start a level, kill all enemies (take the ammo) and go to the savezone, but do not finish the game.

Now the best place to be is on a crossing near a gasstation and park your car in the middle of the crossing so there will be a trafficjam.
When a lot of cars are stuck throw a grande in the middle and start shooting cars with your shotgun, if there are no cars left shoot the gasstation so you have more time to look for cars to blow sky high.
Don't shoot the police or people ! If the police comes to you when you have two stars give them money and walk the other direction the police walks and start shooting cars again.
With a little time left go to the savezone and end the mission.
You will see you get alot points.

- If you start the final mission make sure you have enough ammo and grenades. On this level is a catch. You start near a gasstation and you can use half your time or a bit more to blow up cars like i wrote before. You shout have easely 50.000 points halfway your time, then go though the landroad to start your mission. If you end the mission you shout get around 150.000 points.
I wrote there is a catch, if you first start the mission and kill all enemies and the judge you will see a cutscene and the story is done. I you kill all enemies but keep the judge alive you will not be able to go futher back then halfway the landroad. That means you can't go to the mainroad and make extra points.

- If the final mission doesn't work the best level to replay is "Tam in a Jam" the industrial level far rightside on the map, this level comes before the final "the Boss" mission.

Shoot the 3 cars in the beginning (don't blow up your own car, you need it after killing the enemies) and then kill all the enemies, depending on your skills this should take 2 minutes.
Now take your car and drive all the way back to the nearest gas station or parking.Near the gasstation is a street with a lot of cars.
Take your shotgun and start shooting car, you have around 15 minutes to boost your score.
You can just walk around keep your multiplier meter running, if you have 2 stars-police you can walk through the streets and still shoot cars.
I got 100.000 points while walking around en when i ended this mission it gave me 237.000 points.

If you need help let me know.

Goodluck and i hope thiss will help you.

Greets King Muller eXe

echoes999
09-25-2010, 06:06 AM
Thanks for the tip king muller. I'm close to a million so using the tam mission trick I should get it no problem.

VeryRoyalDutch
09-25-2010, 10:20 AM
There was a mission where I scored 100.000 points and that was doubled, so I got 200.000 points.
Got the achievement on 88% :) you can get big bonuses by shooting cars and trucks, make sure you don't kill cops!

Terrin
09-25-2010, 12:47 PM
This is very easy, and yes as stated before if you don't aim at cops they wont shoot you they will chase you down trying to fine you but not shoot you no matter how many cars you destory.

In the irish pub mission I scored 350,000 on hard doing just if cops were chasing me get them close to a car and blow up the tank and continue on.

Cyquest
09-26-2010, 10:32 AM
Does anyone know - do you have to get the 1,000,000 points BEFORE doing the last mission, otherwise you're screwed b/c the DLC will end?... or can you beat the last mission, and still go back and replay missions to get the score up? I'm at around 90% complete and don't want to do the whole damn DLC over (or even part of it) just for the damn score achievement.

amacteur
09-26-2010, 01:24 PM
You can reload chapters to increase your points. Let's say if you have 10K on chapter 2 and do that again and reach 15K, it will add 5K to your total.

Aussiestatic gave a good tip in another thread to make this achievement easier ;)

kingmuller
09-29-2010, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the tip king muller. I'm close to a million so using the tam mission trick I should get it no problem.

Thx for reading and trying my guide, did you get the achievement?
Didn't get any response on this guide except your message, just want to know if this works for other gamers ;-)

The only achievement i need right now is Explorer. I just drive the freeway each day for 30 minutes and should get it in 1,5 week ;-)

XBOX ISAAC82
10-12-2010, 03:02 AM
Ok, I really don't understand why everyone is saying do the last missions for extra points. It is all about the multipliers, i.e. blow the fuck out of as many vehicles as possible. I completed the game on hard and finished on about 775,000 points. I found re-doing the car missions was netting me about 30k for each one. This involved getting the car back to the garage as quick as possible and then going round blowing up fuel tanks. That was good but then I thought about the first few missions and how much time you had left to get to the save zone once you had done the initial objective.

This is what I did. Go to the "Lost in Transit" mission which I believe is the first mission that you start on after your out of jail. If you cannot remember where that it is, it is in the bottom right hand corner of the map in Oyster Bay near the docks. Start it up and do the initial objective as quick as possible, trying to get head shots if you can. Now drive back to near the save zone but drive past until your in an area with plenty of cars which should be no more then a block or two away. Now make your way down the street with the shotgun blowing up fuel tanks, but making sure you never directly aim at a person or especially a police officer or police car in case you shoot them by accident. This will ensure your wanted level never goes above 2 stars which means the police will not shoot at you and just continue to follow you down the street. You need to ensure you string these explosions together so knowing where the fuels tanks are on certain vehicles is a must. Also if your half way up a street and there are no more cars left either turn back on yourself or leave the last car until you are well past it which will mean your multiplier bar will last that bit longer. I got up to 85+ multiplier before I saved and I still had quarter of the clock left. My final score was 882,150 for a single mission and put me into second highest score for that mission. Check my score of the Leaderboard if you like.

Note: Make sure you are fully loaded on as many weapons as possible. Go to gun shop and/or Harry's Army and Navy first if you don't have much ammo.