PDA

View Full Version : The end of Spartacus: BiS?

HarperBird
09-20-2010, 04:30 PM
Apparantly Andy Whitfield is leaving Spartacus cause of on going health problems, which is a shame because it was a really good TV show which would have only gotten better!

I still think they are doing a prequel series but that will probably be all!!

Source:
http://eztv.it/tvnews/5441/andy-whitfield-leaving-spartacus/

SSJ3
09-20-2010, 07:41 PM
What a shame all the previews I seen on Bravo made the show look pretty good.

hodge
09-20-2010, 07:54 PM
Ah man that sucks! I really liked the series and was hoping for him to return for the second. Hopefully the prequel won't suck though.....

SmoothAsEgg5
09-25-2010, 05:55 AM
spartacus wasnt the best show, but it was entertaining. i cant remember which epiisode, i think it was called 'old wounds' or something, but that one had brilliant writing. reminded me of the sopranos. but best of luck to him, i do think hes replaceable

Br0kenAssass1n
09-27-2010, 05:33 PM
Well, with regards to Andy Whitfield, I hope he has a speedy recovery. Also, if a second series does come about (somehow), it could leave the door open for him to return in the third.

Anyway, sad news in both regards.

Axt428
10-01-2010, 12:48 AM
thier showing commercials on starz new season called gods of the arena is now in production so hopefully he made a recovery the show was good

Revolver
10-01-2010, 02:21 AM
Never watched the show so I'm indifferent to this.
Then again, I disliked the show even before it began because of its arrogant tagline; "The series you shouldn't watch"
I guess they were asking for it. :woop:

pandatamer
10-01-2010, 07:34 PM
i hope they dont end the series, loved it

richi27
10-16-2010, 01:20 PM
according to wikipedia, season 2 will still be showing but with a new actor playing the role of spartacus:Bounce:

Br0kenAssass1n
10-16-2010, 01:26 PM
Never watched the show so I'm indifferent to this.
Then again, I disliked the show even before it began because of its arrogant tagline; "The series you shouldn't watch"
I guess they were asking for it. :woop:

Yeah, I'm sure he was asking for his cancer to be more aggressive than first expected, as was the show.

Eh well, if you're not going to watch the first series, it's your loss.

Joker0fLife
10-17-2010, 04:17 AM
It was a damn good series and I hate to see Andy get replaced. I really hope the second season lives up to the first, or at least plays in a totally different time-line because a new character playing the same role would put me off quite a bit...

Colin Conway
10-18-2010, 02:30 AM
I really enjoyed the first season. Hopefully the prequel lives up to it. According to a few websites Andy has a small cameo in gods of the arena. Think he just managed when he first went into remission.

XxBlueSpade2xX
10-18-2010, 06:05 PM
I loved the first season, and from what I've heard (after Whitfield's health problems) Showtime had already ordered another season. There's a lot of material they could go with, like what was going on with his wife. That might be kind of boring. I wish him the best of luck and hope that he can get better soon. Then they could really give this series what it deserves. He's an excellent actor.

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
12-20-2010, 12:46 PM
Anyone know if season 2 is going to air with another actor taking the role of Spartacus or if they are still waiting to see if he can come back for the show etc?

Really hope he does come back in good health and continue developing a potentially great show.

Aki LoniA
12-28-2010, 10:27 PM
The Season 2 is suspended,because Andy whitfield is suffering from Lymphoma...i'm very disapointed,because,it's a very good actor! A new actor for the season 2 could rot the serie... On january, there will be Spartacus Gods Of The Arena, the story,reveal the history of Lucretia and Batiatus

BlandYoshi
01-09-2011, 04:30 AM
Blood In Sand was amazing. I absolutely loved it. Bought the Blue Ray discs as soon as it was released. I think the prequel will still be good but it won't be the same without Andy.

SmoothAsEgg5
01-11-2011, 11:01 AM
so the season 2 prequel "gods of the arena" is gonna air in about 2 weeks. they're currently in the process of recasting for spartacus right now.

ShawnSig
01-14-2011, 08:51 AM
Blood and Sand was an awesome show, even if they took out all the nudity and sex I would still watch it.:drunk

xICooRsYIx
02-07-2011, 04:04 PM
Yesss a Spartacus thread!!!!

This is one of my favorite shows of all time. The first season was amazing, and gods of the arena is shapeing up to just that as well!

But it has been announced, Andy Whitfield will not be returning for the second season, which is due to air in the fall of 2011. Instead, Liam McIntyre will be takeing the role as Spartacus. Believe it or not, liam looks alot like andy, so the developers nailed it. Now we just have to hope his acting will shine. Either way, at the end of the day, hes not Whitfield, so it just wont be the same...

Even if Andy Whitfield recovers again, its unlikely he will ever play the role spartacus again :(

Below is an article stating more information on the replacement.
http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/01/18/he-is-spartacus-liam-mcintyre-talks-about-taking-over-in-season-2-of-blood-and-sand/

-xICooRsYIx

SilentSnipa1125
02-13-2011, 04:38 AM
the second season starts out before sparticus' time the first season was amazing but i also think that the second season will hold up the shows rep

HarperBird
02-22-2011, 03:05 AM
Yesss a Spartacus thread!!!!

This is one of my favorite shows of all time. The first season was amazing, and gods of the arena is shapeing up to just that as well!

But it has been announced, Andy Whitfield will not be returning for the second season, which is due to air in the fall of 2011. Instead, Liam McIntyre will be takeing the role as Spartacus. Believe it or not, liam looks alot like andy, so the developers nailed it. Now we just have to hope his acting will shine. Either way, at the end of the day, hes not Whitfield, so it just wont be the same...

Even if Andy Whitfield recovers again, its unlikely he will ever play the role spartacus again :(

Below is an article stating more information on the replacement.
http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/01/18/he-is-spartacus-liam-mcintyre-talks-about-taking-over-in-season-2-of-blood-and-sand/

-xICooRsYIx

This is both awesome and worrying news because eventhough there making a second series will they manage to pull it off or will people not buy it, only time will tell i suppose! I will watch it only to see if it will be able to pull it off!

Some good news is that Gods of Arena is really, really good and anyone who likes Blood in Sands will like this series as it has pretty much the same themes and also the blood, gore and sex that everyone loves :)

ShawnSig
02-22-2011, 04:23 PM
This is both awesome and worrying news because eventhough there making a second series will they manage to pull it off or will people not buy it, only time will tell i suppose! I will watch it only to see if it will be able to pull it off!

Some good news is that Gods of Arena is really, really good and anyone who likes Blood in Sands will like this series as it has pretty much the same themes and also the blood, gore and sex that everyone loves :)

Ya, I agree Gods of the Arena is better than Blood and Sand. The fighting, blood and gore are a lot better. I'm getting quite bored of the Batiatus(John Hannah) and uhh his wife(Lucy Lawless?) sex scenes though.

kdrcraig
02-22-2011, 05:07 PM
This show is great, still need to watch Gods of the Arena. Gotta love instant streaming from Netflix.

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
03-29-2011, 04:15 PM
Finished watching Gods of the Arena a week or so ago and although it was nothing on S1 it was still decent. I like how they appear to be trying these spin off episodes until Andy's (Spartacus') health problems subside and potentially comes back for another series, or so I hope.

Hope to see more in the future, would like to see (Forgotton his name) the black guy's fight against the tall swedish looking ogre from S1 that Spartacus and Crycsus killed in the arena.

angelus12778
03-29-2011, 06:12 PM
It always makes me hesitant when a major role gets recast but I enjoyed the first season and the prequel a lot so I'm definitely willing to give the new guy a shot.

Snowwwwy
03-29-2011, 10:59 PM
I wouldnt be able to watch a TV Show with the main actor being a different person. Just wont do it for me I dont think.

stevehydepark
03-30-2011, 11:30 PM
Just to say loved the spartacus show and the new show is just a entertaining. Just hope the people make more :)

DrStreve
07-26-2011, 07:26 PM
this show is seriously good such a shame about the actor that plays spartacus