PDA

View Full Version : 50 smashes in F1 2010, Xbox 360 version

tgas416
09-20-2010, 09:54 PM
YouTube - 50 smashes in F1 2010, Xbox 360 version
 lol flying mclaren at 1:11 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3OWljOroD4#)

tonyturbo
09-21-2010, 08:26 AM
and the early review that have gone up says that the damage model in the game is pretty pants etc front and rear wing comes off and that's it. Video looks nothing of the sort, looked pretty freakin good to me.

I'm sure MP will be just like this lol

Jfrey
09-21-2010, 09:22 AM

I was just thinking the same thing watching the vid

tmg100
09-21-2010, 10:42 AM
First call is going to be doing 200 mph at monza a t boning someone on the 1st corner to see the mayhem, then ill race proper!

macd
09-21-2010, 02:24 PM
and the early review that have gone up says that the damage model in the game is pretty pants etc front and rear wing comes off and that's it. Video looks nothing of the sort, looked pretty freakin good to me.

A lot of the time it was just the front wing coming off in the video there. Front suspension would be destroyed in a far few of those and it's fine. I get it probably doesn't want to punish the player but the damage... I'm not sold on it from that video.

However, McLaren flying goign into what I think was Les Combes, was hilarious. Mostly seemed to be McLaren that got up in the air int hat video...

Suki
09-21-2010, 08:31 PM
i think that damage is great and more than enough to show the impact of high speeds

pined5551
09-22-2010, 11:44 AM
i think that damage is great and more than enough to show the impact of high speeds

Agreed. I'm not fussed about the damage engine to be honest. I don't really plan on crashing :p

tgas416
09-22-2010, 07:16 PM
Agreed. I'm not fussed about the damage engine to be honest. I don't really plan on crashing :p
ya same it about racing not crashing lol

KPD7424
09-23-2010, 12:34 AM
YouTube - 50 smashes in F1 2010, Xbox 360 version (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3OWljOroD4)
 lol flying mclaren at 1:11 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3OWljOroD4#)

Watch the Virgin at 1:27, I believe the monocoque is bent with that shunt!!!!!

DeafSunchaser
09-23-2010, 03:23 PM
lol awesome video haha

Masterbelg
09-23-2010, 05:04 PM
lol lots of flying
I'm fine with the damage model,
I mean no you can't demolish your car totally but what did you expect?
the parts that fly off in real life are mostly tires and wings

but does this happen often in the game, crashes, or will crashes never occure until you've caused one?

RYARNI
09-24-2010, 11:07 AM
They may want to rename this to 'Multiplayer Video' lol

Shelton
09-24-2010, 11:18 AM
lol lots of flying
I'm fine with the damage model,
I mean no you can't demolish your car totally but what did you expect?
the parts that fly off in real life are mostly tires and wings

but does this happen often in the game, crashes, or will crashes never occure until you've caused one?

I was racing earlier on Silverstone, first lap, in about 8th. Three AI in front of me go into a corner together and collide. Debris flies everywhere. One of them was unable to continue, the others limped to the pits. Crashes don't happen often, but when they do they're quite spectacular.

For anyone just getting the game, make sure to press 'A' on the difficulty select, to customise it yourself. This is how you set the AI level, assists, flags, tyre wear, damage etc.

RYARNI
09-24-2010, 11:35 AM
I was racing earlier on Silverstone, first lap, in about 8th. Three AI in front of me go into a corner together and collide. Debris flies everywhere. One of them was unable to continue, the others limped to the pits. Crashes don't happen often, but when they do they're quite spectacular.

For anyone just getting the game, make sure to press 'A' on the difficulty select, to customise it yourself. This is how you set the AI level, assists, flags, tyre wear, damage etc.

Cheers, I never noticed that.