PDA

View Full Version : A Thread about Lil Wayne

Pieville
09-21-2010, 02:56 AM
I wan't your honest opinion about Lil Wayne.
I know that everyone says he's a try-hard and he's got no skill.
And I know everyone thinks he can only rap about sex & money.
But IMO: he is actually a pretty good lyricist.

Name any songs you think are good that he's done.

Lollipop
Drop the World

Joewl45
09-21-2010, 08:52 PM
Anyone who has a lyric that says 'They can't stop me even if they stopped me' is not a good lyricist. That's my honest opinion :)

Santaslave
09-22-2010, 04:42 AM
Yeah what he said^

The guy is an atrocious musician. You obviously haven't read any lyrics that DO have a meaning relating to pretty much anything at all.

EliteShadowMan
09-22-2010, 05:26 AM
if i remember correctly...he had a song talking about a womens menstrual cycle = faggot

DarkAssassin13
09-24-2010, 07:09 PM
I think he needs to stop thinking he can do rock music
or
If he is going to do rock music don't use your stupid rap lyrics in the songs make it a rock song

Pieville
09-25-2010, 06:07 AM
Yeah what he said^

The guy is an atrocious musician. You obviously haven't read any lyrics that DO have a meaning relating to pretty much anything at all.

Go fuck yourself.

Everyone else I respect your opinions and thank you, it's not that I like Lil Wayne, I just think that not all of his songs are bad, 90% of them are, but he has done some good music.

Just so you know I don't listen to Lil Wayne that much, I prefer to listen to Eminem, Nas, Tinie Tempah & Jay-Z, I only listen to Drop the World by Lil Wayne, it is a good song plus it features Eminem.

Once again thanks for your opinions except for Santaslave, you can go listen to Justin Bieber now!

Santaslave
09-25-2010, 07:41 AM
Go fuck yourself.

Everyone else I respect your opinions and thank you, it's not that I like Lil Wayne, I just think that not all of his songs are bad, 90% of them are, but he has done some good music.

Just so you know I don't listen to Lil Wayne that much, I prefer to listen to Eminem, Nas, Tinie Tempah & Jay-Z, I only listen to Drop the World by Lil Wayne, it is a good song plus it features Eminem.

Once again thanks for your opinions except for Santaslave, you can go listen to Justin Bieber now!

You respect everyone's opinions? There's just one person who left a close-to-positive opinion on here.

Listen to Justin Bieber? Funny how you assume I listen to a whiny talentless teen singer as soon as I commented on Lil' Wayne's impotence. Dumbass, go degenerate some more brain cells, if any.

Pieville
09-26-2010, 02:19 AM
You respect everyone's opinions? There's just one person who left a close-to-positive opinion on here.

Listen to Justin Bieber? Funny how you assume I listen to a whiny talentless teen singer as soon as I commented on Lil' Wayne's impotence. Dumbass, go degenerate some more brain cells, if any.

I don't care about your opinion on Lil Wayne but as you said *You obviously haven't read any lyrics that DO have a meaning relating to pretty much anything at all.* that is what I'm saying go fuck yourself to. You shouldn't just assume things like this.

I do apologize for the harsh comment about Justin Bieber though!

DiamondD
09-26-2010, 03:10 AM
Yeah at this point, things have gotten a little out of hand in this thread. No one and I mean absolutely NO ONE should have to be subjected to listening to Justin Bieber. Speaking of JB did you know he's doing a collaboration with Raekwon? Sad indeed. As with most hip hop artists, they start out underground and when they make it mainstream their whole style and persona has changed.

Just listen to Lil Wayne's version of Dear Summer and I'm pretty sure you'll have a bit more respect for him before he made it big time.

ThaFireman
09-26-2010, 03:49 AM
Tha Carter II is sooo good. Carter III is good too. Everything else is so ick, it's insane.

Pieville
09-27-2010, 03:17 AM
Just listen to Lil Wayne's version of Dear Summer and I'm pretty sure you'll have a bit more respect for him before he made it big time.

I haven't listened to every Lil Wayne song, just downloaded this and it's pretty good, it's got a nice calm theme to it! I like it!

And thank god there are people who don't judge an artist by just one song!

Just Scrap928
09-27-2010, 03:32 AM
I respect his hustle but I aint the biggest fan of his overrated ass.

KFZ Scrubs
09-28-2010, 04:11 AM
He makes some catching things... but sometimes i don't even know what he's talking about/rapping about.... then again that's like all rappers nowadays where they rhyme just for the sake of rhyming and it doesn't matter whether their lyrics make sense. I'm not saying he does this all the time... but he does it a lot IMO.

Lava Tonsil
09-28-2010, 06:51 PM
I don't really like Lil Wayne as i don't think he has any substance as a writer and it's hard to listen past some of the god-awful singles.
That said, love the a milli beat. It's just rampant. Some sick freestyles on it by decent rappers on youtube.

Deyankees1
09-28-2010, 07:13 PM
I haven't listened to every Lil Wayne song, just downloaded this and it's pretty good, it's got a nice calm theme to it! I like it!

And thank god there are people who don't judge an artist by just one song!

But weren't you just judging him by 1 song, that song being drop the world?

To be honest Drop the World is an OK song only b/c of Eminem's verse. The rest is meh at best.

I never liked Lil' Wayne and never will nothing he makes appeals to me plus I find that he likes to repeat words instead of rhyming said word which is sad. Only 1 or 2 beats he has I like and I'm pretty sure he didn't produce those beats so there goes that. Thats just my opinion on Wayne and yes I have heard almost 80% of his tracks including mix tapes so all this isn't based on 1 or 2 songs.

CodSteaks
09-28-2010, 07:27 PM
I think when I heard the line: "I eat breakfast like a motherfucker" I was convinced that he's this generation's Bob Dylan.

Pieville
09-29-2010, 01:41 AM
But weren't you just judging him by 1 song, that song being drop the world?

I'm not just judging him on that song, that's just one of the songs which makes not hate him, other than that and a few others including Lollipop (yes I know it's just a song about sex, but it's catchy) I think that he that he's good but not the best, the best is definitely Eminem, Nas or Tinie Tempah!

This is once again just my opinion... Peace Out :rock

SSJ3
09-30-2010, 06:13 PM
Don't like him at all, then again I don't see what the kiddys see in rap these days.

martdude16
10-02-2010, 08:53 AM
Some listenable songs but an over-rated rapper.

KirbyTheAlmighty
10-02-2010, 10:39 AM
I've never been impressed by a Lil Wayne song.
And that's the honest truth. I don't get why he's so popular.

Monstor
10-04-2010, 07:57 PM
I've never been impressed by a Lil Wayne song.
And that's the honest truth. I don't get why he's so popular.

Quoted for truth. Why couldn't I live in the 70's when there was GOOD rap and GOOD rock music?

KirbyTheAlmighty
10-04-2010, 08:05 PM
Quoted for truth. Why couldn't I live in the 70's when there was GOOD rap and GOOD rock music?
I'm glad I live in the 2000's. There's still PLENTY good music out there (especially Hip-Hop music). You just have to look harder for it than you use to.

Le3THal
10-05-2010, 03:39 PM
Love A Milli! :uzi: