PDA

View Full Version : Caps, ammo and lockpicks?

JG360
09-21-2010, 04:21 PM
I kinda run out of caps, ammo and lockpicks can anybody tell me were is a good place to to get all of them please apprciate the help asap thanks people.

OMGLOL1111
09-21-2010, 07:31 PM
dont know how you did but the way to go is to kill and pick up everything, (weapons and suits)

then i travel to megaton or rivet city to trade the stuff i dont need for stimpacks and caps

all the time

i end up with 100+ stimpacks and 15k caps

i also sell me missiles ant mini nukes and other valuable stuff

for bobby pins, cant you get them from moira? (not sure)

RuYi
09-21-2010, 07:33 PM
You don't really need heaps of bobbypins (lockpicks) in the game. Each time you go into lockpicking mode, and the pin is about to snap, cancel and immediately try again. This way you can try over and over without losing pins. I believe you can get it wrong two times in one go before they snap.

I don't really have a problem with ammo, I open each box I stumble upon, and I buy it from the merchants if I need. Just make sure you stick with a small amount of weapons and use ammo efficiently.

Caps. If people need your help, don't be a saint and simply ask money for it. If you fear for your good karma, I go around asking money for every task before robbing the person blind, and they still see me as a goodie two shoes.

Lightweight stuff like cigarettes is worth a lot, and if you have enough space, just take everything you can carry. Deactivate mines and sell them. Repair your own stuff. Every little bit helps.

Sell any scrapmetal you got to Walter (Megaton). He pays 10 caps and you get exp.
Sell Sugarbombs to Murphy (Northwest Seneca Stat.) for 15 caps each, he pays another 15 if you pass the speech check.
Pre-War books can be sold to Scribe Yearling (Arlington Library) for 100 caps each.

I tend to stock up on that stuff and make a trip to those places once in a while. I'm sure there are more (and probably better) ways to make money, but this is all I could remember atm, and it works for me.

And if all else fails, become a slave trader.

Miss Allen86
09-23-2010, 04:46 PM
Plasma rifles are the way to go for making some quick cash. Everything I kill I loot and just run to town to sell. Ammo isn't really a big deal for me cause personally I'm a melee fan. If you have the schematic, build the shishkabob. It will rock almost any enemy. If you use guns more then just search EVERYTHING. You can always find ammo in almost all containers "ammo box, lockers, desks, steele crates, ect..." You can find lockpicks on dead bodies, in clothing dressers, and can be purchased from most traders. Hope this helps. If you need additional advice send me a meassage on Live and I'll see if I can help you further. ^_^