PDA

View Full Version : Any chevos?

MILINKYO
09-21-2010, 06:18 PM
So this is a free game download any you can use tables from first game and buy new ones, so do you think this will have any chevos??

Mr Foxhound
09-21-2010, 07:03 PM
I'm guessing yes. It is an entirely new game, and as far as I know, new tables will be available for purchase at launch. The achievements may be tied to the new tables though (or only obtainable by buying multiple tables, like Game Room).

MILINKYO
09-22-2010, 12:38 PM
5:40 PM on 08.31.2010, Jordan Devore
Before you freak out too much over the "free" part of the headline, let me clarify: Pinball FX 2 will hit Xbox LIVE Arcade on October 13 as a platform. I mean that in the same way Game Room is a platform.

If you own Pinball FX, you can import all of your old tables (including any add-on content you own) into Pinball FX 2 for graphical updates and new Achievements. What's more, there will be four Pinball FX 2 tables to try out and possibly buy. So, the "game" itself is a freebie, but you have to pay for the tables.

Seems like the way to go, if you ask me. Make the barrier to entry as low as possible, and then (hopefully) price the additional content low enough to get people coming back for more on a regular basis. Smart idea, really.

Just seen this online

XXX DARK HADO XXX
09-24-2010, 06:57 AM
I think this is great that this is a free upgrade with some new achievements. I'll be buying at least 1 new table because the other tables were great and I would expect the same from the new ones.

akaMIREX
09-28-2010, 06:05 PM
From XBOX LIVE MARKETPLACE...

Pinball FX 2, 13 October (Free download*)
Become a genuine pinball wizard on Xbox LIVE (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/en-GB/live/bestoflive/connectnow.htm) with this new and improved follow up to Pinball FX. The tables boast uncanny physics to make flipping the silver ball feel closer than ever to the real thing. There are automatic in-game challenges for solo players, or split-screen multiplayer modes. Plays original Pinball FX tables too.

*Pinball FX 2 is a free download with four new tables to demo and purchase. The first announced table is Pasha. Players can explore the fabulous world of ancient Persian legends, where a new adventure awaits beyond every sand dune.

...SOUNDS LIKE ANOTHER GAME ROOM STYLE OFFERING!

importing tables from PFX1 is a good addition! Heopfully some free chevos though especially if you import from PFX1!

x Zot x
10-06-2010, 08:39 PM
Wow, only 1 week left before the release of Pinball FX 2 and still no list of achievements!?!

However, I did some research and saw that it will now have 39 achievements and a gamerscore of 650! How, you ask. Read more here:
http://www.xblaratings.com/blog/3107-pinball-fx-2-achievements-a-biolab-table

Also the 4 new core tables (for 800 MSP) are revealed:
Pasha
Rome
BioLab
Secrets of the Deep

Looks like they could keep releasing more and more tables with the "game room" style environment they set up. Could be good or bad.

Murgatroyd7
10-08-2010, 10:15 AM
Just so everyone knows, the first game has a free table (Buccaneer), which means you can technically play this game completely free of charge...but you'd be stuck with just one table. Heh.

Iv AJay vI
10-11-2010, 07:22 PM
Wtf is a cheevo!?

slmmzy
10-12-2010, 03:31 AM
This is going to turn into paying 200 points per achievement in the long run.

SSJ3
10-25-2010, 11:55 PM
Any achievements yet?

KongQuest
10-26-2010, 05:33 AM
Edit: deleted

Starstrukk X360A
10-26-2010, 06:57 AM
If anything the achievements will be like the first game, with board-specific achievements for the main 200 and a small bit of achievements for each DLC board.

I have the PS3 version of the first one and it works the same way, with each DLC table having it's own specific achievements.

The boards are fun anyway, although there are probably people that hate pinball and will hate grinding these.

Gun-Nut
10-26-2010, 11:30 AM
Well Xbox.com shows 39 Achievements worth 650G and my Dashboard shows 24 Achievements worth 400G either way the game has achievements.

Starstrukk X360A
10-26-2010, 11:35 AM
Well Xbox.com shows 39 Achievements worth 650G and my Dashboard shows 24 Achievements worth 400G either way the game has achievements.

I don't see why it wouldn't. Pretty much every game on XBLA has them (minus Indie Games.)

[Waggly Bean]
10-26-2010, 07:07 PM
You know guys, while it's not linked to like it should be (ie Achievements > Arcade > Pinball FX 2), this site does have the achievement list up.

Currently, all achivements on the list are showing as 0G, but it has all the descriptions and everything, and it says 650G total at the top.

Anyway, here is the list:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/pinball-fx-2/achievements/

All achievements appear to be table specific. Looks like there's four or five achievements available if you have the first game already. To get the rest, you need to buy the new ones - no surprise there then! :D

TornShaun
10-27-2010, 09:07 AM
I've just seen the cheevo list and so glad i bought all the tables from the first game :D Looks like even SF2 table has some cheevos this time lol

XXX DARK HADO XXX
10-27-2010, 10:08 AM
I've just seen the cheevo list and so glad i bought all the tables from the first game :D Looks like even SF2 table has some cheevos this time lol

Same here! I just bought all the tables but the earth defense table. Really cool that some of the old tables that had no achievements are getting them now. (Looking at you Street Fighter)

Richie Sambuca
10-27-2010, 03:24 PM
I've got all the boards too. That achievement list looks mint. I'm surprised at how excited I am for this game.