PDA

View Full Version : Maximum Blind Bets

o D M C o
09-21-2010, 08:52 PM
Does anybody know a strategy for achieving the maximum blind bet achievement, I dont know whether the location of the game is an issue, what causes the blind bet to rise or what the maximum is. Also what does beating the table mean, is this winning a hand or winning the entire poker game. Please help. Any information would be appreciated, thankyou
EDIT; ANSWER, just keep playing, the blind doubles all the way to 192

yippy smalz
09-21-2010, 11:11 PM
so blind doubles to 192 through time? Also is beating the table mean busting everyone out?

o D M C o
09-21-2010, 11:52 PM
Yes, the blind doubles every 5 -7 hands or so, we tried having one person win a hand with maximum blind and that didnt work, so it must mean win the whole game. We didnt get the achievement though as the game froze on the final hand. Its takes around 25mins to get the blinds to maximum, so you're looking at roughly 2hrs for 6 people to get the achievement, what a load of crap

Edit; This completely takes the piss, for the second time in a row the game has frozen on the final hand, WHAT FUN

Edit 2; On a side note the maximum blind bet is the initial blind bet doubled 5 times, our last game had a max blind of 640 chips because the initial blind was 20 chips. Basically the max blind varies and depends on the initial blind bet. Hope others have better luck than my boosting party

Evo Kazz
09-22-2010, 12:22 AM
Yeah frozen twice gutted! Try again tomorrow

mattyg
09-22-2010, 02:10 AM
5 Fellows and myself did this earlier today..it was tedious.

You'll definitely need at least 3 hours of free time and 6 people with that time. Each game takes about 30 minutes to raise the blind to maximum.

The easiest way to avoid confusion was to...

-Have it set to who is going to go first and then wait until that person has the best hand so he could bust 4 people out, while the 5th person folds. This person and the other person who didn't bust out will then fold back and forth until bids are at a maximum. This is 192...so it will happen 5 times. Once the bids are at maximum...call until all cards are on the table and continue until the person who is supposed to win that round has the better hand. If not, then just keep folding back and forth until that person has the better hand. That person will go all in and they will have the achievement. Rinse and repeat 5 more times. 3 hours later you should all have pa-pa-pa-poker face =d

Evo Kazz
09-22-2010, 06:58 AM
Maybe having 6 dudes in for 30 mins was too much, so we should probably try the above method, although I have no clue how to bust out 4 people at once, if I get confused I will look at pig josh nipples for guidance

o D M C o
09-22-2010, 10:57 AM
My nipples will show you the way my son

Barad
09-22-2010, 11:36 AM
This has to be the worst achievement ever!

Aaron181
09-22-2010, 02:09 PM
This cheevo is going to be a pain....

doomey
09-22-2010, 03:11 PM
This has to be the worst achievement ever!
QFT. :drunk

Barad
09-22-2010, 05:19 PM
QFT. :drunk

Its even a pain trying to boost it seeing as you need 6 people, several hours, money and luck!!! argh!!

Vanilla Coke Zero
09-22-2010, 05:29 PM
there HAS to be a way to exploit this somehow. seriously, 5 gamerscore for this shit? there has to be something we're missing.

Vanilla Coke Zero
09-22-2010, 05:30 PM
5 Fellows and myself did this earlier today..it was tedious.

You'll definitely need at least 3 hours of free time and 6 people with that time. Each game takes about 30 minutes to raise the blind to maximum.

The easiest way to avoid confusion was to...

-Have it set to who is going to go first and then wait until that person has the best hand so he could bust 4 people out, while the 5th person folds. This person and the other person who didn't bust out will then fold back and forth until bids are at a maximum. This is 192...so it will happen 5 times. Once the bids are at maximum...call until all cards are on the table and continue until the person who is supposed to win that round has the better hand. If not, then just keep folding back and forth until that person has the better hand. That person will go all in and they will have the achievement. Rinse and repeat 5 more times. 3 hours later you should all have pa-pa-pa-poker face =d

wow. not only is this achievement a pain the dick as is, but you also need to have some sort of understanding of the game of poker. which i don't have at all. selling RDR on ebay is becoming more and more tempting.

iiDaRReN316x
09-22-2010, 05:48 PM
What you have to do for the achievement?

CodSteaks
09-22-2010, 06:17 PM
It's only a pain in the ass if you're trying to boost it and only care to get the 5:gsicon:. If you're like me and actually would like to play some poker against real people, the idea of winning a tournament doesn't sound that bad and it'll happen eventually (as long as you're good enough). The biggest issue, to be honest (and I don't mean this to be insulting, it's just the way of the situation), is that Red Dead multiplayer probably isn't populated by enough good poker players to make the prospect of finding even a few decent games very promising unless they're set up ahead of time. Add that on top of a very rapid blind increase (WSOP blinds increase every hour by comparison, which reduces a player's need to rely on luck) and Red Dead has pretty much made it so even a good player has to rely on luck, which doesn't make for very fun poker. So although I looked forward to playing poker against real people, I'll probably be boosting this one just like everyone else.

jt89
09-23-2010, 12:42 PM
The following is the maximum blind for each table:

Macfarlanes Ranch - $10 buy in - blinds max out at 64.
Armadillo -$25 buy in - blinds max out at 192
Theives Landing -$25 buy in - blinds max out at 192
Casa Madrugada -$50 buy in - blinds max out at 384
Beechers Hope - $100 buy in - blinds max out at 640
Blackwater - -$100 buy in - blinds max out at 640

Hope this helps!

Vanilla Coke Zero
09-23-2010, 06:27 PM

Hope this helps!

so basically playing in mcfarlanes ranch is the way to go? sweet. and what the fuck blackwater? 640???

Lurkio
09-23-2010, 06:39 PM
I may be wrong ( I often am) but it'll still take the same amount of time whichever table you play at due to the blinds starting and increasing at proportionate rates to the buy in amount.

jt89
09-23-2010, 06:44 PM
yep so do mcfarlane's ranch as its the quickest to get to the maxium blinds =)

LK Tien
09-23-2010, 11:18 PM
yep so do mcfarlane's ranch as its the quickest to get to the maxium blinds =)

can anyone confirm this?

nfntjy
09-24-2010, 07:06 AM
We have 3 people boosting at mcfarlands, it took about 15 minutes to get the blinds up. Since we only have 3 people, we have to work together to get the other 3 people out, then we all folded until the blinds maxed. Once there we just played for real to see who got the achievement. Rinsing and repeating right now.

Bobo
09-24-2010, 07:46 PM
uhhh... doesn't it have to be a 6 person game?

JDAckers
09-24-2010, 08:26 PM
I don't think it makes any difference which one you use. Blackwater has a higher max because it has a higher starting point. You basically need to keep playing until the message "the blinds have been doubled" appears 5 times until you get the maximums mentioned above.

macfarlane's 1/2 - 2/4 - 4/8 - 8/16 - 16/32 - 32/64 [100 starting chips]
Blackwater 10/20 - 20/40 - 40/80 - 80/160 - 160/320 - 320/640 [1000 starting chips]

Scarabdemon
10-02-2010, 09:13 AM
uhhh... doesn't it have to be a 6 person game?

Yea the poker game has to start with 6 people at the table. If someone leaves or someone gets kicked the achievement will still ding at the end.

You just need to be the last man standing when the blinds are at a maximum.

crocodial
10-07-2010, 05:13 PM
ive been involved in 2 games now in as many days where someone got the achievement legitimately. unfortunately, i was the losing playing in both of those instances (just barely). so this achievement is totally possible without boosting and probably just a matter of time if you play enough.

MartyMcFly
10-07-2010, 05:37 PM
I think it's easier to just try to get this legimately. Only thing is to be sure to start with 6 people.

Best ways to survive until the blinds reach the maximum:

- Only play when you have good cards. (Each card is a face card, Jack & Queen, etc.)

- Don't play if you're not the Small blind or Big blind especially if you really don't have good cards! I know that sounds like common sense but many don't really know how to play conservatively. You don't lose money if you fold without being the SB or BB. This way you can stay in the game longer.

- Don't call people on outrageous All-in bets, even if you think you can win. There's no point risking the chance of losing and busting out so you might as well wait.

Ultimately, if you play the blinds, only play when you have good cards, and just be patient, you'll eventually be one of the 2 people left standing when the blinds max out. You're not trying to knock out the competition asap here. You want to keep the bets low and keep the hands dealing around the table.

When you're left with just one other person it's then all up to fate/luck.

Hope that helps!

crocodial
10-09-2010, 02:11 AM
i finally got the achievement legitimately with a strategy similar to marty mclfy's. it was fun. the only bad thing about it, is that since it is a computer game, you should also factor in a few trends/patterns when you play. for example, i noticed that if a pair of cards were dealt to the table, at least 50-75% of the time, someone else was dealt a third to make 3 of a kind. if it isn't you or if you can't beat that, you should probably fold.

i also recommend the smaller tables for the simple reason that you will go through your money much slower, giving you more chances to play games.

MartyMcFly
10-11-2010, 03:03 AM
i finally got the achievement legitimately with a strategy similar to marty mclfy's. it was fun. the only bad thing about it, is that since it is a computer game, you should also factor in a few trends/patterns when you play. for example, i noticed that if a pair of cards were dealt to the table, at least 50-75% of the time, someone else was dealt a third to make 3 of a kind. if it isn't you or if you can't beat that, you should probably fold.

i also recommend the smaller tables for the simple reason that you will go through your money much slower, giving you more chances to play games.

Glad you got your achievement! Only thing to note is that thing you said about the smaller tables.

The ratio of the buy-ins and blinds with your chip stack is just as even as it is with higher buy-in tables. In other words, if the game costs $25 to Buy-in, you get $250 in chips. The $100 buy-in table gives you $1000 in chips.

It's an equal ratio, but in a way you're right because people tend to spend more with the higher tables. I'm not sure why. It is indeed easier to be more conservative with the cheaper tables though.

MartyMcFly
10-24-2010, 08:22 PM

Hope this helps!

Just a correction: Casa Madrugada's max blind is at 320, not 384.

I finally just got Poker Ace legitimately at Casa Madrugada. Maybe it was just the table I was in, but it seemed to be the most reasonable betting I've ever experienced in a poker game. People weren't going All-in a ton of times and it just seemed to go more smoothly than other locations.

I sort of got lucky when I was down to just 80 chips and went all in. I won a pot worth of 500+ at that point to stay in it. I basically folded when I wasn't in a blind, and stuck to calling (the min. bet) or check/fold in order to survive until the blinds maxed out.

JRV5207
10-30-2010, 10:24 AM
Just a correction: Casa Madrugada's max blind is at 320, not 384.

I finally just got Poker Ace legitimately at Casa Madrugada. Maybe it was just the table I was in, but it seemed to be the most reasonable betting I've ever experienced in a poker game. People weren't going All-in a ton of times and it just seemed to go more smoothly than other locations.

I sort of got lucky when I was down to just 80 chips and went all in. I won a pot worth of 500+ at that point to stay in it. I basically folded when I wasn't in a blind, and stuck to calling (the min. bet) or check/fold in order to survive until the blinds maxed out.

thkz for the info man it will help out alot

MetalSheriff79
11-07-2010, 12:36 AM
just got this. started with a full table and 4 quickly betted out. i kept folding till max blinds. the other player kept trying to get me to go all in every other hand. i bet he couldn't wait till the game was over.

MartyMcFly
11-08-2010, 05:01 PM
just got this. started with a full table and 4 quickly betted out. i kept folding till max blinds. the other player kept trying to get me to go all in every other hand. i bet he couldn't wait till the game was over.

Folding until the blinds max out is a safe way to do it, but it doesn't always work. I think you should consider yourself lucky he didn't just quit out of the game before the blinds reached max.

Playing a few hands when you're in the big blind can keep things going, but if he bets all in after the flop, then don't bother.

Andr0077
11-23-2010, 10:30 AM
Actually got this one.
The best part....I don't understand poker, I'm just a lucky git.
I literally started playing poker in the hope that I would pick it up without losing all the money I had raised in Liars Dice.
Originally I thought it was like pontoon, so I was going for a hand of 21, I have now figured out what the cards in the middle are for and that doubles are good. I still have no idea what a flush is and can't understand how I have won on hands legitimately when I thought I was bluffing.
I think I've won about 50% of the games that I have played.
Oh, I also got the van by the river cheevie the very first time I played online.

Apologies if you are a good poker player that hasn't managed this yet, I'm honestly not trying to rub it in. On the one hand I'm really pleased to have got some cheevies that I didn't think I could possibly get and on the others I'm trying to encourage those in that mindset that it's worth having a go.

muppet855
06-03-2011, 06:52 PM
last live achievement i got. takes about half an hour and six other players. every player folds, keep going til blinds were at maximum. Ensure player that wants the 'chievy wins. Simple.

PWN3R
06-12-2011, 05:07 PM
I don't know if this has been posted or not, but as long as you're lucky enough to find a random full game, don't quit.

Seriously, KEEP PLAYING! I started a full player game by myself and everyone left but one other guy. We dueled it out for nearly an hour and I beat him. Poker face achievo popped. I jizzed.

Also, I have no idea how to player poker. :woop:

Frederic360
06-13-2011, 12:49 AM
add Frederic360, adarya and LNDBlacky. We need the blind bet achievement too :) and we are ready to help you :)

General Swaank
06-27-2011, 02:14 PM
Add my Gamertag --> General Swaank or send me a message im on usually 4pm- 10pm GMT i really need this achievement and i know how to do it :) but if your on other times ill make sure im on need 5 people :) if you got any friends then tell them to join :)