PDA

View Full Version : How to beat AI on easy? lol

Painkiller Q8
09-22-2010, 07:04 AM
I love codemasters racing games..and I finished DiRT 1+2 and GRID and this one is so good .. but kinda hard and long !!

I mean I played the whole race on EASY settings.. but I only can reach 5th place.. the AI went so far away while I'm driving so good (without mistakes)!!

any tips?

or I will pass and return it today to the store :(

vundirlyon
09-22-2010, 07:22 AM
dmn i thought it was gonna be a bit easier, but even the practice round of the first circuit, i keep finishing on the last place :(:(

(yeah i know i suck at these kinda games, but i like f1)

LeMansFahrer
09-22-2010, 07:22 AM
I do agree with you that the AI are very good in this game, even on easy but I think that you mostprobably have the ideal (green, orange, red) lines on with all assist beeing on. The secret of success is not braking too much and early even when the line is red doesn´t mean you need to brake (most of the time anyway). I think that you main problem is that you have brake assist ON, that slows you down too much and you will have almost no chance of winning. Turn it off and you can gain alot of time in corners, thats where the AI is slow seeing that they brake much too early. You can win easily by turning it off. Just for fun try the expert mode, then you can see what difficulty is like. lol
Hope it helps seeing its a fantastic game, if you like racing.

Ic3DFire
09-22-2010, 08:05 AM
I don't have the game yet (waiting for the shop to send it out!), but are you talking about career mode? Cause if your driving a HRT/Lotus/Virgin you shouldn't be able to get to place 5, seeing even a top 15 is too much for those cars.

LeMansFahrer
09-22-2010, 08:43 AM
If you play expert, you won´t be able to get a good position with those cars, like you said they are just not good and fast enough in real life. If however you play on easy level, you can win with every car, even in a Lotus, Virgin etc. making the game fair enough so that everybody can get achievements and have fun with the game. If it gets too easy for you, just set the difficulty up to the next level.

skuff
09-22-2010, 10:12 AM
I've found the ai is the same on every difficulty, tried a few and they always set the same times, so they don't get faster? Think it's just the car set up that changes, no abs etc

Painkiller Q8
09-22-2010, 10:37 AM
I hate the Auto assist and I used to turn it off to keep my speed even at corners .. but still .. the game isn't that easy !!

RYARNI
09-22-2010, 10:43 AM
I love codemasters racing games..and I finished DiRT 1+2 and GRID and this one is so good .. but kinda hard and long !!

I mean I played the whole race on EASY settings.. but I only can reach 5th place.. the AI went so far away while I'm driving so good (without mistakes)!!

any tips?

or I will pass and return it today to the store :(

Are you kidding me? Im assuming youre playing on Career, and starting out as a Lotus or other small team, and EXPECTING to win? What fun would that be?

skuff
09-22-2010, 11:03 AM
I hate the Auto assist and I used to turn it off to keep my speed even at corners .. but still .. the game isn't that easy !!

You just need to get used to it mate, I just won the 3rd race by over 40 seconds, so it's a lot easier when you get used to setting the car up etc

James Medway
09-22-2010, 11:27 AM
I haven't got the game yet, but being a fairly big F1 fan, small teams never win, the cars just aren't good enough to beat the big teams, so this is very realistic, you have to work your way up into the bigger teams to get 1st place.

Remember theres a 7 year carrer so it's not all going to be won or lost in the first few races

DeafSunchaser
09-22-2010, 02:19 PM
i played on easy and found to be quite hard coz of the auto braking on corners so changed to medium and found that to be better! its a very hard game! and i love it!

the glutton
09-22-2010, 04:11 PM
wow, you guys are nuts, Whilst on easy setting, I started at the back of the grid (24th) came in 1st place on a 15 lap race. I dunno what the problem is, but this game is ubber easy!

xLMx1994
09-22-2010, 04:20 PM
i havent got the game but i cant see how easy is hard. when i do get it i will be racing on one of the hardest difficulties, and will choose what ever difficulty the AI are closest to me as far as speed goes. all i want is close racing, not starting from last and winning. theres no fun in that. i would rather start last and it be a challenge for me to get into the top 20. much more fun

Barad
09-22-2010, 05:33 PM
Well thats annoying to hear how the hell are you suppose to win on expert then??

LFC Alevop
09-22-2010, 05:44 PM
Well thats annoying to hear how the hell are you suppose to win on expert then??

You use a good car like a ferrari or red bull

This person is obviously in one of the smaller teams and it would be no fun atall if you could just win every race in a Lotus. Thats what building up a career and getting promoted to the big teams is for

GORQITO
09-22-2010, 06:38 PM
The game is a bit challenging, I am currently playing on the HRT team and it is hard to finish up higher on medium difficulty. I might just start again and get a better team.

But the game is really challenging, and I think that's part of the fun.

Suki
09-22-2010, 09:29 PM
when u start the game u start in a low performance team your targets are to finish 14th -20th not 1st u r not ment to be able to run at the front with a lotus/virgin etc.. in later seasons u will be in better teams and be at the front but the other thing to remember is it will always be close racing/qualify how much fun would it be if u got into 1st on the 1st lap and then run away its ment to be tough, there the hardest cars to race in the world ie: F1

skuff
09-22-2010, 09:58 PM
wow, you guys are nuts, Whilst on easy setting, I started at the back of the grid (24th) came in 1st place on a 15 lap race. I dunno what the problem is, but this game is ubber easy!

It gets a bit tougher when the engines wear out. Was that career mode or grand prix? Because with good cars I went from last to first in one lap in grand prix mode

skuff
09-22-2010, 10:03 PM
when u start the game u start in a low performance team your targets are to finish 14th -20th not 1st u r not ment to be able to run at the front with a lotus/virgin etc.. in later seasons u will be in better teams and be at the front but the other thing to remember is it will always be close racing/qualify how much fun would it be if u got into 1st on the 1st lap and then run away its ment to be tough, there the hardest cars to race in the world ie: F1

If you learn the tracks it can be far too easy, I've finished over 40 seconds clear in two races so far in the lotus on 20% laps

the glutton
09-22-2010, 10:04 PM
It gets a bit tougher when the engines wear out. Was that career mode or grand prix? Because with good cars I went from last to first in one lap in grand prix mode I have beat both career mode and grand prix mode at least 3 times each already and isnt that hard at all!

skuff
09-22-2010, 10:09 PM
I have beat both career mode and grand prix mode at least 3 times each already and isnt that hard at all!

I didn't say it was hard, I just said it gets a bit tougher with worn engines. Ie winning by 30 seconds instead of 40+

Grand prix mode is far too easy full stop though on all difficulties

Calib3r
09-22-2010, 10:43 PM
i was able to get 1st on medium on the first race with lotus. its not that difficult. it took me a few tries to get first in practice but after that its not that difficult. and i'm not even that good in racing games.

the glutton
09-22-2010, 11:25 PM
I didn't say it was hard, I just said it gets a bit tougher with worn engines. Ie winning by 30 seconds instead of 40+

Grand prix mode is far too easy full stop though on all difficulties I have only wore out 4 engines. I still had plenty of engines in reserve. the trick is knowing when to swap engines.

tmg100
09-22-2010, 11:59 PM
I have only wore out 4 engines. I still had plenty of engines in reserve. the trick is knowing when to swap engines.
So when would that be then? :uzi:

wolvieware
09-23-2010, 12:02 AM
I have found this game very realistic. You can't just duck down the inside of the first corner and pass 15 cars like in most other racing games.

I've really enjoyed chasing down my next opponent for a few laps, then waiting for the right passing time before nabbing it. If I haven't won, I'm assuming its because i'm in a Lotus, and later in my career, I'll get the shot at the wins with a better car.