PDA

View Full Version : Noob F1 question.

lam47
09-22-2010, 03:27 PM
Hey.
I have played a lot of racing games with my wheel but never an F1 game.
I have a quick question I can't find the answer too. And as I don't know much about real F1 can't work it out myself.

Do you have to pit every race and change tyres? Are you penalised if you don't? When you select the tires it says for two of them that they have to be used every race according to the rules.
I just want to be clear on this. You have to pit? Right?

RYARNI
09-22-2010, 03:39 PM
You must pit, and you must change tyres at least once.

xLMx1994
09-22-2010, 03:44 PM
on the game i think you only have to if you have it set to over 20% race distance, but in real life you have to pit

LeMansFahrer
09-22-2010, 03:55 PM
In Carreer you have to make at least 1 stop changing tyres. 20% race distance is the shortest you can make. You can choose yourself on what lap you want to come in. Donīt worry about it though, you just enter the pit lane and the konsole does the rest if you want. If you want to do it yourself, make sure not to go too fast, otherwise it can happen that you get a drive through penalty.

lam47
09-22-2010, 04:27 PM
Ok so as I have the races (well the first 2) set to 10 and then 12 laps I don't have to pit? In longer races will the pit crew tell me when its needed or do you have to work it out yourself.

Yeah I'm new to F1 :)

LFC2K6
09-22-2010, 05:37 PM
The rule as I know it is....
Every car must pit and use the softest tyre compound (extremely dry track tyre) at some point in the race.
However if the race starts as it is raining, you do not have to put the softest compound on and can use intermediate/wet tyres all race.

If you meant could I just spend all the race on 1 set of tyres to save pit stop time in the race, you're better off pitting. The tyre degradation in this game is supposed to be realistic, meaning after lets say about 20 laps, you're times will start to drop.
At first you will only lose a second or 2 per lap(but imagine that over several laps) and it could even get to the point of struggling to keep the car pointed the right way.
So in short, pit and get new tyres.... it pays off in the long run.

Barad
09-22-2010, 05:38 PM
The races are pretty long so yh you would have to pit every race.

lam47
09-22-2010, 07:02 PM
But in say a 10 lap race? Would you still pit. I mean all the other cars did but I didn't :)
Thanks for all the replies :)

LeMansFahrer
09-22-2010, 07:35 PM
But in say a 10 lap race? Would you still pit. I mean all the other cars did but I didn't :)
Thanks for all the replies :)

Yes, you still have to Pit unless its a wet race. In a dry race you need to pit because you have to use one set of hard and one set of soft tyres. Soft tyres are faster but donīt last too long. Make a good strategie with those tyres to gain some good seconds while pitting.
Hope it helped

Flyzer007
09-22-2010, 08:11 PM
I got my copy today and just experienced it.. even with 20% distance you must take at least 1 pit stop. Your crew calls you in when the stop is expected.. of course, if you take damage during the race you can enter the pit lane as often as you like.

As a rule, during a race with heavy rain you take from the beginning the rain tyres and can finish the race with it without doing 1 stop. If the weather changes in the course of the race then you will probably need to change tyres more often

lam47
09-22-2010, 10:20 PM
Yes, you still have to Pit unless its a wet race. In a dry race you need to pit because you have to use one set of hard and one set of soft tyres. Soft tyres are faster but donīt last too long. Make a good strategie with those tyres to gain some good seconds while pitting.
Hope it helped

Perfect thankyou.
Thanks everyone for clearing that up for me! I am enjoying the game a lot. Cant play from the drivers eye level though. I have to have the camera on his head :)