PDA

View Full Version : Point Lookout Tips and Tricks?

JG360
09-22-2010, 07:03 PM
Hey people about to do point lookout has anybody got any tips and tricks that can be any of assistance please appreciate it very much people thanks again.

OMGLOL1111
09-23-2010, 12:25 AM
Hey people about to do point lookout has anybody got any tips and tricks that can be any of assistance please appreciate it very much people thanks again.

i did it yesterday and the day before...

my tip, do what i did:

right when you start, get a map on the internet ( i googled and found one) and start travelling to the nearest location, and the next one, and repeat until you discovered all of them.

not only you'll get the achievement out of the way but it will be much faster to do your quests after that, you'll be able to fast travel everytime you need to change locations during missions. i didnt regret at all :)

i had loads of stimpacks and ammo before i started my trip, not that you'll need that many but it helps

True I Skill
09-23-2010, 12:47 AM
When i first did it i was arround level 17. I struggled alot with the enemies. i did ask arround and people said it was just that i suck.

After making it to level 30 i found things alot more easy. If you have the perk where your V.A.T.S Recharge after each kill it makes things alot more simple. I wouild use the metal blaster from the Pitt DLC. lock on, get the kill, and just tap RB As soon as it ends to lock onto the next guy.

Also the stealth armour helps too, i kept it on the Hotkey so as soon as i saw enemies that i did not want to fight i could croush and press Down on the d-pad and just move away from the area, you can pretty much do some of the missions without having to fight if you do it this way. But it is abit boring and when they are standing there with there back turned it is very tempting to just shoot them while they are not looking and get that xp.

Miss Allen86
09-23-2010, 04:37 PM
Make sure you have plenty of stimpacks and good armor. The enemies in this DLC are really strong and can rock even a high level character pretty quickly. My weapons of choice for Point Lookout were the Combat shotgun, and the Shiskabob. Take your time searching and always leave the light from your pipboy on. Most of the DLC is pretty dark and easy to miss valuable items. That's pretty much all the advice I can give. If difficulty is the issue, just set the game to easy. Point Lookout is amazing, hope you have lots of fun! ^_^

its delicious
09-24-2010, 07:13 AM
I'll repeat the advice of the above poster to just walk around collect as many waypoints as you can find. Level 30 is good too, and the enemies are tougher than you'd expect.

Save! As I'm playing through this expansion right now (for the second time), I forgot to save and found myself quitting in frustration because of how far I had to go back. Stupid highly immersive atmosphere.

Bring a Ghoul mask. Cheating is fun! :P There are many Feral Ghoul Reavers.