PDA

View Full Version : Survior I & II Tips : Updated

Gareth Dent
09-22-2010, 09:09 PM
Survivor I & II are two free missions that are available for each character. These two missions are the hardest missions to pass in Guilty Gear 2, even on the Easy difficulty.

Their was a thread like this in the Guilty Gear 2 (In the Japanese game section) but never got finished or updated. Will give credit where credit is due.

General Tips:
Survivor I

190 Kills are necessary to complete this mission. After reaching 190 kills, do not quit and instead let your character die.
Health chests appear on waves with small (chibi) versions of enemies. Defeat the small enemies to drop chests.
Health chests can be found in the top-left corner and weapon chests can be found in the top-right corner.Enemies start at normal health and continuously grow in difficulty and health. The last wave is a large group of soldiers before cycling around again for enemies with more health.
the small (chibi) versions of enemies are timed, so it would be best to kill as many of those as possible as quick as possible because killing more = more chances for chests = more (usually) health potions.

Survivor II

500 Kills are necessary to complete this mission.
There is a set number of waves, so you may go over 500 kills but not by much. Once you reach 500 kills and defeat all enemies in that wave, the mission will end.
Health chests appear after a set interval of kills. The first chest appears after 10 kills, and then the chests appears in intervals of 50 (e.g. 50, 100, 150).Health chests can be found in the top-left corner and weapon chests can be found in the top-right corner.
Enemies start at very low health (1-hit kill) and continuously grow in difficulty and health. Enemies appear in larger waves than in Survivor I.
It has been stated that you merely have to outlast all the waves, people have had 492 kills and still got credit for it.

Character Tips:
Each character has their own set of skills for Survivor.

Sol
Sol's best strategy is to use his Gun Blade attack (neutral+Y). This is a ranged attack that can hit the enemy from a distance for a large amount of damage. If Sol becomes surrounded by enemies or is low on tension, it is best to run from the scene (click RS) to the opposite side of the stage in order to restore some tension and start the attacks again.

Sin
Sin's best strategy is to use Voltic Eye (LS Left/Right + Y) on groups, large enemies (such as the hammer-wielding enemies and giant rocs), and ranged enemies. If an enemy can be separated, Big Beak Driver (LS Up + Y) can severely damage an enemy. Voltic Eye is also the weapon of choice on Survivor II, as enemies appear in groups with lower health.

Izuna
Spiraea Thunbergii (LS Down + Y) for large groups and slow enemies. Holy Mustard (neutral + Y) for ranged attacks and quick/range attack enemies. Spiraea Thunbergii is great for taking out archers.

Dr. Paradigm
Paradigms best stategy is to use his vertical roll attack (LS up + X simultaneously) almost constantly due to this move causing 200+ damage and a knockdown to even the bigger foes. Due to him being so slow and weak it's not wise to try basic xxxx's combos.

Valentine
For valentine i'd reccomend using her lock on hammerswing (Hold LT + LS up + X) for quick/range enemies, also use the hammerswing for one on one combat, if faced with a group i used the Brutus (LS up + Y) it can do 300+ damage and can go through multiple enemies, great for hammer/horsemen

Ky
For ky it's all about combos, for the big guys like hammer-wielding enemies and giant rocs such as his stun edge (x+x+x+y) then following it up with an extra (LS Left/Right + X) for groups.

Will update regularly

Credit - Sol+Sin+Izuna(Shadow Kisuragi (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/member.php?u=61742)), Survival I tip - Jimm (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/member.php?u=112507), Survival II tip - Hentai Otaku (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/member.php?u=39863)

Hope this helps, if anybody has any questions or wants to add anything feel free to message me.