PDA

View Full Version : Pa-pa-pa-poker Ace and Compulsive Liar Q

NukeDukem
09-23-2010, 03:11 AM
whats the most effective way to boost pa-pa-pa-poker ace and compulsive liar?

i dont know anything about poker!

plus i wonder what a fool proof way to make sure you win in liars dice would be considering you have to take six peoples multiple dice into account, in the small time frame you have to make your call

Vanilla Coke Zero
09-23-2010, 04:32 AM
for liars dice, just boost it. impossible to do legit. the person who is getting the achievement needs to let everyone else lose their die. there are several ways to do this. if the person getting the achievement is the first person to place a bid, then place a any bid. the next person places the highest possible bid that is highly unlikely (such as 30 1's) the person after calls the bluff and as a result the previous player who placed the bid loses a die. now, my mind is a little foggy, but i believe it will be the person who lost the dices turn again. he once again places a ludicrous bid and the person after calls the bluff. do this until the player loses every single die. rinse and repeat. make sure to go in a circle as to not fuck up the rotation.

as for poker ace, i'm as lost as you are. i have 5 people to do this with as well as the liars dice on friday. hopefully all of them make it, but if they don't, feel free to add me so i can have a spot for you.

nfntjy
09-23-2010, 07:49 AM
if your boosting liars dice, have everyone count how many sixes they have, then allow the person who is getting the achievement to get the "spot on" bid (everyone loses a die, goes quicker). The person before the person getting the achievement must bid the number of sixes that is added up at the starts. Everyone before that person bids one one, one two, one three, etc.

iiDaRReN316x
09-23-2010, 08:41 AM
Sounds confussing

Barad
09-23-2010, 11:47 AM
Same I seriously don't have a clue with poker yet I need to boost it!!

jt89
09-23-2010, 12:40 PM
apprently you dont have to keep all the 6 players throughout the game as in for example you only need 6 players to enter the game, they don't need to stay throughout the whole poker game. So for example you would have 6 players in the game than kick out for example 4 of the players, and than keep raising the bets till max!

iiDaRReN316x
09-23-2010, 03:44 PM
Noob question how do you raise the bets? lol what if i win by accident

NukeDukem
09-23-2010, 04:03 PM
seems like players just keep folding, thatll raise the blind. it also seems whether you start busting people out before or after you hit the maximum blind is optional, as long as at least two of you including the person of the achievement makes it to the max blind.

whats the best way to get yourself busted out though is my question, im a total poker noob, but would betting money and then folding do the trick? wouldnt you lose the money youd bet and keep getting closer to busting out? if so, thats great because if it comes down to luck it could suck boosting for 30mins and losing :(

mercutio0305
09-23-2010, 04:12 PM
Thats what we did last night.
one person folds rest all-in, after that only two persons remain. they keep folding till blinds are at max. than the first person who folded bet everything except 1dollar, second one raises, first one folds. then keep going all in till second person wins.
next round the person which got the achievement, folds and rest goes all in. then repeat folding etc...
this takes at least 3hours...

MartyMcFly
09-23-2010, 04:29 PM
this takes at least 3hours...

That's ridiculous.

Also, do you, or anyone else, know what the max blinds are? I've gotten up to 12/24, how close is that? Probably not close at all I'm guessing.

Vanilla Coke Zero
09-23-2010, 06:26 PM
That's ridiculous.

Also, do you, or anyone else, know what the max blinds are? I've gotten up to 12/24, how close is that? Probably not close at all I'm guessing.

192 :(

boostaholics anonymous...

MartyMcFly
09-23-2010, 07:06 PM
192 :(

Jeez..is that the Small or Big blind? Either way that's incredible, and considering the number of people/time it takes to accomplish it I probably won't bother with it.

FKRK3022
09-23-2010, 08:19 PM
is this possible?

1. 2guys aleady got poker aces and not get 1guy together make the posse

2. posse join a public poker room and waiting 3 random guys

3. After the poker starts kick the random guys

4. make the maximum blind

5. aleady achieve got 2guys out of the room

6. remain guys get the poker ace:confused::confused:

MartyMcFly
09-23-2010, 08:29 PM
is this possible?

1. 2guys aleady got poker aces and not get 1guy together make the posse

2. posse join a public poker room and waiting 3 random guys

3. After the poker starts kick the random guys

4. make the maximum blind

5. aleady achieve got 2guys out of the room

6. remain guys get the poker ace:confused::confused:

I can barely comprehend what you're trying to say here, but I can already tell you this wouldn't work because you can't kick people out.

Mohabus
09-23-2010, 09:42 PM
for liars dice, just boost it. impossible to do legit.

Impossible? Admittedly, it's not something you're going to come across very often, but it's hardly impossible. Perhaps it's some weird, random reward for playing WAY too much liar's dice. Who knows, maybe this is the kind of thing Rockstar (seriously, what's with the "R" followed by a star? is it really that hard to type the word "Rockstar"?) just does to screw with us.

Then again, after considering the "win three FFA games in a row" achievement.....yeah, they intended them to be boosted. Screw it, we all know it.

Moe Marston
09-24-2010, 05:17 PM
I can barely comprehend what you're trying to say here, but I can already tell you this wouldn't work because you can't kick people out. Yes you can.

McDurbin
09-24-2010, 05:59 PM
Yes you can.
You can kick people out but it has to remain a full game for the entire match. If anyone quits or lags out before the game is over then the achievement won't unlock.

CodSteaks
09-24-2010, 06:06 PM
For the Compulsive Liar achievement, has anyone tried starting a full game and then having everyone except the person trying to get the achievement quit out of multiplayer? It works for the 3 FFA wins and Gang Matches and even the new Stronghold achievements, seems like it should work for this too.

You can kick people out but it has to remain a full game for the entire match. If anyone quits or lags out before the game is over then the achievement won't unlock.

Sorry, didn't see your post before I started typing mine. Guess that answers my question. What do you mean by full game? Do people have to stay in the game even after they lose all their dice, just sit there at the table? Does the same apply to the poker game? After someone loses all their chips they have to stay in the game just waiting? Or can they quit out once they lose out of the game legitimately?

McDurbin
09-24-2010, 06:20 PM
A full game consist of 6 people in a game of liar's dice or poker. All 6 players have to remain in the game until its over for the achievements that state that you need a full game. Even after you run out of dice/chips you must sit there until the game is over for the person going for the achievement to get it.

We tried it with liars dice where I had all my dice and everyone quit out, I didn't get the achievement.

CodSteaks
09-24-2010, 06:32 PM
A full game consist of 6 people in a game of liar's dice or poker. All 6 players have to remain in the game until its over for the achievements that state that you need a full game. Even after you run out of dice/chips you must sit there until the game is over for the person going for the achievement to get it.

We tried it with liars dice where I had all my dice and everyone quit out, I didn't get the achievement.

Good to know. Thanks, McDurbin. I don't think anyone before had specified that everyone has to sit there after busting out. I had it in my head that I could help people by just starting the game and then getting out quick to do something else and let them finish the game. Oh well :(

ffm.piranha
09-24-2010, 06:45 PM
But it does not take long. It's even quicker when the person supposed to get the cheevo does a correct spot-on-bet. Everyone says how many "1" he got, then the first person makes the correct bid and the person sitting after him calls spot-on. Like this it's done after 5 spot-ons, you also get some challenges done and you are finished with 1 person after 5 bets (otherwise it would take forever to take out 5 people (25 dices) ...

Also, with a spot-on-bet everyone at the table looses his last dice at the same time. Like this you dont have to bother about who is out of the game at which time, you have a full table 'til the cheevo pops up ...

I know the perfect way how to do it and I'm willing to organise the party, I just need 5 more people ...

If somebody is doing it, please add me ... GT: FFMPiRaNHa

OneSweetShannon
09-24-2010, 09:18 PM

Not true.

May be true for Liar's Dice, as I haven't tried LD yet, but I can confirm this is not true for Poker.

I just got Pa-Pa-Pa-Poker Ace and there were only two of us remaining at the end. We started with six and the other four players each left after they busted out. As long as you start with six, get it up to the maximum blinds and the finish the game, the winner should get the achievement.

Vanilla Coke Zero
09-25-2010, 02:55 AM
me and some peeps completed poked face and compulsive liar today. total pain, but not that bad. if you've played borderlands and completed the mad moxxi DLC, then this should be a cake walk. for poked face, just have 4 people leave after the first round, but not leave the party. getting the blind to max should take about 30 minutes. just go all in when they're maxed out and the luckiest shall win.

for compulsive liar, we had it really organized. i think the fastest we completed a game was 8 minutes. you can do probably do 3 or 4 compulsive liar cheevies in the time it'll take to do poked face.

so glad i got those cheevies out of the way. and cheers to all of my team mates. shout outs to kill jim, lurkio, emailsuperman, and a lot more i am forgetting.

:drunk

nfntjy
09-25-2010, 10:02 AM
But it does not take long. It's even quicker when the person supposed to get the cheevo does a correct spot-on-bet. Everyone says how many "1" he got, then the first person makes the correct bid and the person sitting after him calls spot-on. Like this it's done after 5 spot-ons, you also get some challenges done and you are finished with 1 person after 5 bets (otherwise it would take forever to take out 5 people (25 dices) ...

Also, with a spot-on-bet everyone at the table looses his last dice at the same time. Like this you dont have to bother about who is out of the game at which time, you have a full table 'til the cheevo pops up ...

I know the perfect way how to do it and I'm willing to organise the party, I just need 5 more people ...

If somebody is doing it, please add me ... GT: FFMPiRaNHa

yep, we did this and it only took about 6-7 minutes a game. We tried having all but one person quitting, but that didn't work. Did it in private also.

I can also confirm for poker that if people lose after they run out of chips, you still get the achievement. Don't know abhout liars dice as everyone lost at the same time.

ffm.piranha
09-25-2010, 11:11 AM
I got the compulsive liar yesterday and did the spot-on-method. Worked perfectly, every round took us about 6 minutes.

DJ MIME 1
09-26-2010, 10:39 PM
add me will be on all day for the pa pa pa poker achievement just need 4 more people DJ MIME 1 send me a message

bullyforue
09-27-2010, 02:34 AM
I am looking to do both of these cheevos as well. Hit me up if you need another person to boost. GT: Trout Juice

Minxotic
09-28-2010, 04:43 AM
Looking to boost as well. GT Minxotic

Lord Arkhan
09-28-2010, 05:24 AM
I can verify that it tkaes 3 hours for poker ace. I just finished boosting it. Also the max blind is different depending on where you are. We did it McFarlan's Ranch and the max was 64. It takes so long because the blinds raise every 5 minutes, doesn't matter what you do, it's 5 minutes. If you don't belive me time it yourself. They also raise 5 times. So thats 25 minutes to raise the blinds and the last 5 is to get the last guy to bust out. Do this for all 6 people and there is your 3 hours.

iiDaRReN316x
09-28-2010, 09:38 AM
1300G RDR, NOW ROCKSTAR Hurry up and bring out the zombie DLC !! Sick of al these crappy ones what i dont enjoy

wuki 7
09-28-2010, 12:41 PM
im looking to boost these, fr me

D!Qn3*
09-29-2010, 01:01 PM
Can anyone explain me what ar these blinds? How and where can see them wile playing poker?

OneSweetShannon
09-29-2010, 02:23 PM
Can anyone explain me what ar these blinds? How and where can see them wile playing poker?

Blinds refers to the opening bets. In a game of Texas Hold'em, two players at the table are required to post "blind" bets without seeing the "flop" (first three community cards put on the table.) It's used instead of requiring all players to ante up to join the game. One player is the small blind and another is the large blind, betting twice as much as the small blind. Other players have to match the large blind (plus any amount that has been raised by other players) in order to play the hand. The small blind has to pay the difference between the small blind and the current bid in order to play. The large blind may have to pay any increase if the bid has been raised, or may check (continue to play without adding any additional money to the pot) if it hasn't, or may raise themselves.

When you play in RDR, it will tell you on the screen which players are posting the small and large blinds. You can see the pot amount, and if you pay attention to it before other players add to it, you can determine the total of the blind bets.

D!Qn3*
09-29-2010, 03:08 PM
Blinds refers to the opening bets. In a game of Texas Hold'em, two players at the table are required to post "blind" bets without seeing the "flop" (first three community cards put on the table.) It's used instead of requiring all players to ante up to join the game. One player is the small blind and another is the large blind, betting twice as much as the small blind. Other players have to match the large blind (plus any amount that has been raised by other players) in order to play the hand. The small blind has to pay the difference between the small blind and the current bid in order to play. The large blind may have to pay any increase if the bid has been raised, or may check (continue to play without adding any additional money to the pot) if it hasn't, or may raise themselves.

When you play in RDR, it will tell you on the screen which players are posting the small and large blinds. You can see the pot amount, and if you pay attention to it before other players add to it, you can determine the total of the blind bets.

Thank you soo much! I finally get it! Thanks again, chick. ;)

MachineZed
09-29-2010, 04:55 PM
I can verify that it tkaes 3 hours for poker ace. I just finished boosting it. Also the max blind is different depending on where you are. We did it McFarlan's Ranch and the max was 64. It takes so long because the blinds raise every 5 minutes, doesn't matter what you do, it's 5 minutes. If you don't belive me time it yourself. They also raise 5 times. So thats 25 minutes to raise the blinds and the last 5 is to get the last guy to bust out. Do this for all 6 people and there is your 3 hours.
Just want to point it out, it might have timed out to ~5 minutes. But the blinds increase every time the deal goes all the way around the table. It is to unsure that everyone at the table has a chance to be the dealer, big and small blinds. Once everyone has been small, big and dealer then blinds increase.

marotw
09-29-2010, 06:09 PM
I did this full ring liars dice without losing a die legit. It is not that hard to win at this. The real pain is that everyone has to stay at the table for it to count, which never happens. :(

Ueberrushungsei
09-29-2010, 06:20 PM
Are you sure everyone has to stay at the table? Because a friend of mine got his Pokerace-Achievement, when only me and him stayed at the table, but of course, we started with a full table.

CodSteaks
09-29-2010, 07:24 PM
Are you sure everyone has to stay at the table? Because a friend of mine got his Pokerace-Achievement, when only me and him stayed at the table, but of course, we started with a full table.

For Poker Ace, everyone does not have to stay at the table. As long as you start with 6 people and win the game after the blinds are at max, you only need 2 people at the table at the end. Four people can actually quit to freeroam after the game starts, they don't even have to play a hand. Apparently that's not true for Liar's Dice, but I can verify that it works for poker.

synjin savant2
10-03-2010, 05:12 PM
I set up a gaming session on TA to do Pa-Pa-Pa-Poker Ace. It's at 1:30 TODAY, Pacific time. As of now, there's 4 spots open. Feel free to sign-up or shoot me an XBL msg.

Here's the TA session:
http://www.trueachievements.com/gamingsession.aspx?gamingsessionid=33284

Tag: Synjin Savant2

zerosuperstar
10-04-2010, 01:24 AM
hi i still need both of these,my gtag is davevain send a friend request put rdr acheives

DanOMite4423
10-04-2010, 03:38 AM
I don't know if it was random but I thought I would add this to the people that already know how to play poker. I played just a few minutes ago and 4 out of 6 people were knocked out within 10 minutes or so. Which left me and one other player. We battled it out for awhile but I eventually called his all in and won. Funny thing was the blinds were NOT at maximum and I still received the Pa-Pa-Pa-Poker Ace Achievement. All I'm saying is if you know how to play give it a shot and see what you come up with and maybe it will work for you as well. Only took me 2 games. Also if anyone is interested I need help with the Liars Dice Achievement. Thanks, and hope this helps someone out.

crocodial
10-05-2010, 11:04 PM
id like to get these achievements down and im willing to help anyone else out.
gt= beavis1280. can be on between like 6pm - 2 am PST and on any weekend.

crocodial
10-06-2010, 08:03 PM
i was in a full game last night. everyone busted out except for me and this other player. the blinds went to maximum. a pair of 7s on the table. i also had a king, which gave me another pair. i was all in. he was close. and then... he beat me with a pair of aces. imagine he got the achievement, but he didnt have a mic, so ill never know.

Rocknrollexpress
10-06-2010, 11:33 PM
My friend and I are looking for 4 more people to help boost the poker and liars dice achievements hit us up if you're interested

Ajd2316
Dakai808

KingLime
10-13-2010, 09:00 PM
I'm also looking to boost, I'm down to help out

GT: DistendedCorn

Klebo
10-19-2010, 02:21 AM
To make liers dice easier don't ask how many sixes, just ask ones as it takes less time to do. For poker the easiest way me and 5 friends found was in the first hand everyone except 1 (the achievement gainer) goes all in, the chevo gainer folds, then the rest play until there is 1 person left and the folder/achievement gainer. Then its a case of folding until the blinds are high enough to get the achievement by making the winner get all the chips and the chevo. This takes around 27 - 30mins for each player if done efficiently. Also its good to know a bit about poker or having someone who does which in the case of us I was as I play poker online and with friends so I know the rules better than most :)!! If you are struggaling I am sure I can get some people to help out so just me know GT: Klebo :)!!

P.S when it was a friends turn to do this poker ace chevo, we all went all in and I went in blindly and came out with a King High Flush which beat my friend who had a 2 kings and she had looked at her cards and was like "I'm going to win I'm going to win" and BAM I win :P won 500 chips in 1 go VERY FUNNY :P