PDA

View Full Version : KAMELOT FANS! Check out my interview with Thomas Youngblood.

ApochWeiss
09-23-2010, 04:21 AM
Monday, I was given the opportunity to interview Thomas Youngblood of Kamelot. Now, I KNOW there are fans of this band out there, so I'm posting this here. But, first, you need to know the hell I went through with this interview...

I got the interview ready, I lost my internet connection (though I could still connect on my 360). Ok, so, I take everything to my mother's to do it there in peace. I gave the label my cell phone number. Sure enough, I miss the call. I go to my voice mail, suddenly lost all bars. FUCK! So I pack everything up real quick and head to the Verizon store nearby since I know it'll give my Droid 4 bars. It did. I check my voice mail, get the password to the conference call I missed, and I get a random fat lip dead center of my upper lip. It still hurts.

Interview goes well but I'm clearly rattled. I left the small spat in there for comedy sake.

I go home to upload the video, and DMF087 (the girl in the video I'm spatting with) gets bored. We go for breakfast, she checks her mail, I get home and the net died out. SAME problem as at my residence! SAME! IMPOSSIBLE!!! So, I can't load the video to the site, but it's being encoded by Viddler's servers.

I get to work, I go to put the video on my site, and this elderly person's housing community has a squirrel or something get into a power box, scaring the hell out of 40 elderly people who all call at the same moment. Half of them are crazy, and one believes the nazi's are trying to storm his house and that he's under attack and needs reinforcements.

Finally, 11:58AM EST, I get the page loaded, fight off the last of the crazy elderly people, and the damned video is to the right of the fucking page. WHY IS TO THE RIGHT OF THE PAGE?! I DUNNO! THE CODE ISN'T WRONG! WHAT THE HELL?! It's like the Anthrax (band) episode of Married...With Children. "It's in the fridge. Why is it hot!?" So, finally five minutes later, without touching the code, it centers itself.

HO-LY-FUCK-MES what a day...And I still gotta review the CD... *looks at files fearfully and hears Mortal Kombat evil laughter*

Sigh...hope you guys like it and let me know what you think. Tried to do my best with it, though I definitely felt, if I didn't go through such hell, it could have been a much more informative interview. I also wouldn't have looked like an idiot through some of it and had more of my facts straight.

ConflagrationMN
09-26-2010, 07:53 PM
Kamelot canceled their show here last night :(

Also, where is the interview?

ApochWeiss
09-28-2010, 03:11 AM
I thought I posted the link in there. Oh well, it's on my website which you can access through the banner in my sig.

Either way:
www.apochs.net/Interviews/Kamelot.html

oDrPepper
10-02-2010, 08:36 PM
Bit of a late reply but as they say, better late than never.

Good interview, some parts seemed a little awkward to me though such as when Thomas made a smart comment towards the end, and he didn't really sound too enthusiastic throughout. Then again, I guess he's been doing a lot of interviews recently so it's hardly surprising.

I did also read your review and I pretty much agree with it. I'd probably give it a 3.5/5 myself as I do enjoy to listen to the album, but when compared to Epica or The Black Halo it just isn't what they're capable of. I really hope they get out of the habit of the silly vocal effects, with a voice like Kahn's there's absolutely no reason to use them. Still, it looks nice in my collection and I'm to get more than a few spins out of it.

ApochWeiss
10-04-2010, 12:25 AM
Bit of a late reply but as they say, better late than never.

Good interview, some parts seemed a little awkward to me though such as when Thomas made a smart comment towards the end, and he didn't really sound too enthusiastic throughout. Then again, I guess he's been doing a lot of interviews recently so it's hardly surprising.

I did also read your review and I pretty much agree with it. I'd probably give it a 3.5/5 myself as I do enjoy to listen to the album, but when compared to Epica or The Black Halo it just isn't what they're capable of. I really hope they get out of the habit of the silly vocal effects, with a voice like Kahn's there's absolutely no reason to use them. Still, it looks nice in my collection and I'm to get more than a few spins out of it.

Yeah the interview was awkward all around honestly. I went through hell to START the interview and was really stressed when it started. If you pay attention, at the start I was so screwed up going in but by the end I relaxed and it started to flow a lot smoother. I also lost my net so couldn't verify my information incase there were any changes, so I was a bit lost during the interview too, which made me look unprofessional and further made me pissy at the start of it. But, oh well.

Thanks for the feedback though. Better late then never. It honestly could have been a fantastic album but, I dunno, I hear it and honestly it sounds to me like Roy was just exhausted from the start and it really just hurt the album in the long run. He was really lacking.