PDA

View Full Version : Likes and dislikes

Andr0077
09-23-2010, 08:43 AM
My first impressions on this one were a bit 'bleh!', there were no seriously good hideouts, no good XP, Cheesy gits with the explosive rifle were annoying etc.
But I've put some time into L&C now and I'm starting to like it. Some of the new hideouts can be done in seconds with a big enough posse, so that's <>400xp every minute, the race mode is fun if a little frustrating at times and the capture the flag mode seems to force teamwork.
My only real issues are that the explosive rifle is a bit of a gimmick and occasionally all the weapons you've picked up during Free Roam vanish and you're back to the original loadout. Oh, and I don't know how to play poker :(

iiDaRReN316x
09-23-2010, 09:10 AM
I Only think ill like that stronghold

JDAckers
09-23-2010, 09:17 AM
Compared to the last DLC, I think this has way more content. I play poker a lot, but its way to slow in RDR. People normally get bored before the end. I actually think Liar's Dice is a really good game with a lot of people.
I've tried a couple of the hideouts, and they are good fun with a posse. Horse racing is pretty good as well, apart from the fact I suck at it. Though, it was the part of the pack I was least interested in.

Vanilla Coke Zero
09-23-2010, 06:31 PM
stronghold is it's only redeeming quality to be honest. that, and being able to play as irish.

:drunk

Andr0077
09-25-2010, 10:18 AM
One more dislike... Liars dice when another player disappears to go to the toilet or make a sandwich, or whatever and you're left waiting for the AI to take over. And players that quit because the game isn't going there way.

One more like...Liars dice again, because it turns out that I'm actually quite good at it, if I don't win I'm always the only other player standing (well seating, but you know what I mean)

iiDaRReN316x
09-26-2010, 05:54 PM
Challenging achievements too i like

MachineZed
09-26-2010, 07:14 PM
I really enjoy the stronghold pvp, it is a lot more fun than the bag games and normal gang matches.

Strongbow
09-26-2010, 07:48 PM
I really enjoy the stronghold pvp, it is a lot more fun than the bag games and normal gang matches.

Is it like Bad Company's Conquest and is it 8v8? I'm on the verge of buying this DLC, Stronghold sounds like alot of fun to me if it's what I think it is.

MachineZed
09-26-2010, 07:59 PM
Is it like Bad Company's Conquest and is it 8v8? I'm on the verge of buying this DLC, Stronghold sounds like alot of fun to me if it's what I think it is.
Yes very similar, 4-5 capture points. Attackers have a limited amount of respawns, defense has unlimited. You only have a certain amount of time to capture the points also. It also seems like there are more than 8v8.
The only problem is there are only 3 maps so you will keep on replaying Thieves Landing, Fort Mercer and Blackwater a lot. I feel like I have played those maps a lot anyways, having bought L&Ks pack.

Strongbow
09-26-2010, 08:13 PM
Yes very similar, 4-5 capture points. Attackers have a limited amount of respawns, defense has unlimited. You only have a certain amount of time to capture the points also. It also seems like there are more than 8v8.
The only problem is there are only 3 maps so you will keep on replaying Thieves Landing, Fort Mercer and Blackwater a lot. I feel like I have played those maps a lot anyways, having bought L&Ks pack.

Thanks mate, it sounds like alot of fun, I'm gonna dl it now, hopefully we will get some more maps down the road.

Thanks again :)

Lord Arkhan
09-26-2010, 10:48 PM
I am really starting to hate Compulsive Liar. I had 4 guys out and the last guy had only one dice left when he decided to quit. 30 minutes of playing for absolutly nothing. I think if the games start out full they should not hold it against you if someone decied to leave and screw someone else out of an achievement.:uzi:

tsolless
09-29-2010, 08:35 PM
I haven't really tried for many of the achievements since I just recently got it, was working on the single player ones but alas I can not achieve 100% because of a bug with the new title update, but playing the new modes has been a great time. Poker is a bit slow as mentioned, but can be great fun if you have a friend or two or a few people use mics. Liars dice is great fun. Personally though, I've had a great time with the races. Infuriating at times, but great fun.

Not a huge fan of the stongholds mode however.

brother bruse
09-29-2010, 10:15 PM
i love stronghold but i hate the cannons on fort merser.the enemy get on it an just kill you in the spawns or your team mates get on it and leave you to cap flags on your own and when you do start to cap one they kill you by mistake

Barad
09-30-2010, 03:03 PM
I like the races.

I hate the poker..and everything else.

MartyMcFly
09-30-2010, 04:11 PM
The only dislikes I have is because I suck at the game lol. I can't figure out how to win the horse races and every Stronghold match I'm in I feel like I'm always on the crappy team.

As far as Poker and Liar's Dice go, I love them, because I always either win, or come in 2nd.

My biggest complaint would be the achievements, but I knew not to pull my hair out over them before I downloaded the pack anyway.

Andr0077
10-05-2010, 09:08 AM
I have played lots of Stronghold now, it's my favourite match type, but those long introductions are irritating. And please gaming gods do something about those cheesy b******s who sit on the cannon outside Fort Mercer and just kill everyone friend or foe, I've gotten so annoyed that I've shot my own team mate for continually killing me.

MartyMcFly
10-05-2010, 06:27 PM
And please gaming gods do something about those cheesy b******s who sit on the cannon outside Fort Mercer and just kill everyone friend or foe, I've gotten so annoyed that I've shot my own team mate for continually killing me.

Each team gets a Carcano Rifle in the Fort Mercer stronghold matches. A well-aimed sniper shot takes care of those guys easily.

DERSTY
10-05-2010, 07:12 PM
stronghold is a good game-type even with only a few players. also i LOVe the poker games. its REALLY fun getting revenge in free roam on ppl you've lost to in poker. the only things i dont like about poker/liars dice is if you lose all of your money, there is no way to earn more. they allow you $200 every 24 hours if you go broke. and #2 i think if you entered a poker game and decided to leave early, your money should stay @ the table and given to the winner. i hate gettin on a full table then half the table leave and you only get $75.

k im done, hope that helped

Andr0077
10-06-2010, 08:59 AM
Each team gets a Carcano Rifle in the Fort Mercer stronghold matches. A well-aimed sniper shot takes care of those guys easily.
So does the kick vote. I've been part of a team kicking it's own team member. Sometimes I wish more people would kick those that are ruining the game experience for others instead of just leaving, which is what I normally notice at this point in the map.

JRV5207
10-30-2010, 08:17 PM
i likethe poker and the strong hold