PDA

View Full Version : 20% race distance pit stops

PrettyAverage
09-23-2010, 03:26 PM
Im racing on 20% race distance in the career and I'm racing as Lotus, my garage is pretty much the last one in the pit lane.

because im on a short distance everybody pits within 1 lap of each other, and anyone behind you just pits when you do.

Unfortunately the lollipop man refuses to let me go before every other car has finished pitting and left the pits, even the one car in front of me is allowed to go before me. Thereby demoting me into 24th place every time I pit. Normally turns a 5 second change into 25 - 30 seconds.

Is there any way to stop this at all?

RYARNI
09-23-2010, 03:40 PM
Im racing on 20% race distance in the career and I'm racing as Lotus, my garage is pretty much the last one in the pit lane.

because im on a short distance everybody pits within 1 lap of each other, and anyone behind you just pits when you do.

Unfortunately the lollipop man refuses to let me go before every other car has finished pitting and left the pits, even the one car in front of me is allowed to go before me. Thereby demoting me into 24th place every time I pit. Normally turns a 5 second change into 25 - 30 seconds.

Is there any way to stop this at all?

Strange, hasnt happened to me and im Lotus too.

Cant you change strategy, diff tyres to start with? Or try and stay out longer and request a pit yourself, (Y button)?

DeafSunchaser
09-23-2010, 03:43 PM
yes i agree and its pissing me off! happens to me all the time!

Shelton
09-23-2010, 04:09 PM
As I stated in the other thread, it is a bug and a fix is being worked on.

PrettyAverage
09-23-2010, 04:46 PM
ahh sorry didnt see that, had a quick look for an answer.

I've just started to use hard tires to start with and am pitting on lap 9/11 or 10/11 when no one else is, although now even when im pitting on lap 10/11 my pit crew are putting a new set of hard tires on without me having used the other ones and hence cant pit again - hopefully this is being fixed aswell.

I know i can just select the tire option when im coming in, but I keep on forgetting, I've had it happen twice now on China and need to start again, again :(

f1ferrari
09-23-2010, 06:19 PM
I just pitted on lap 1 at the moment this solved my problem lol.

FunkyGestpo
09-23-2010, 08:25 PM
Bit off-topic here but how do you select tyre options when pitting as I want to change mine halfway through the race to a different kind but I don't know how.

Shelton
09-23-2010, 09:54 PM
ahh sorry didnt see that, had a quick look for an answer.

Didn't mean to sound like a jerk. I'll provide a link to where it is being discussed on Codemasters forum in a moment.

LINK. (http://community.codemasters.com/forum/f1-2010-game-1316/428943-pit-stop-issue.html)

Fallen Mercy
09-24-2010, 08:11 AM
is there anywhere to report bugs? I had a race where a tyre popped so went into the pit lane. driving down to the end garage at slower than normal (max i think was 40mph instead of 60mph) but on that lap my team mate went to pit and his ghost overtook me in the pit lane then went to the queue position, obviously the game thinks because I came in the pit lane first I need to pit first. But then my car didn't drive through his ghost and pit, I queued up behind him and couldn't move! I just had to restart the race.

Shelton
09-24-2010, 09:56 AM
This (http://community.codemasters.com/forum/f1-2010-game-1316/429298-unofficial-f1-2010-bugs-errors-list.html) is the thread to post in, however the bug you mentioned is already on the list.

massive183
09-24-2010, 10:06 AM
this happens to me and is so damn annoying

i liek the pit on lap 1 will be having a go with that

f1ferrari
09-24-2010, 10:25 AM
this happens to me and is so damn annoying

i liek the pit on lap 1 will be having a go with that

I just found it to be the easiest option out of the problem, granted I'm slightly slower cos I start with the option tyres, only cos they give me better performance, but they die after 4 laps anyway.
So complete lap 1, jump in the pits and go straight to primes and away I go. occasionally 1 in 5 races 2 or 3 cars might come in due to accident, but if your fast enough you'll miss these guys. Make up your position passing people on pit row right through to the end of the race.