PDA

View Full Version : Silverstone Time Glitch?

Cube623
09-23-2010, 05:37 PM
Hi all, don't want to put a spanner in the works as this is a fantastic game but need to ask a question about a possible glitch I've encountered.

After firing up my game about 10\15 minutes in I decided to switch to online to give that a whirl.

I chose Grand Prix and was put in a lobby at Silverstone. Went out for my first timed lap and, being honest, made a hash of the new section spinning twice. I picked up my pride and carried on and when I went over the line I watch the time and should have recorded a 1:52\53... dismal I know :p. However the game recorded me doing a 1:22.804 for some bizarre reason. I can only assume the game decided to take 30 seconds off my time? This meant I won the quali session easily with probably a few annoyed people wondering how on earth has he done that?

Now since then I've learnt the track and the fastest I've recorded at Silverstone is in the 1:28 region so I assume that time is almost impossible. So I'm now concerned that a) My best time at Silverstone is unbeatable for me at least b) It's recorded in a leaderboard somewhere and people will assume I've been a naughty boy to put it lightly:p.

And also what on earth could have caused this? Don't want it to happen again as I'm having fun driving on the ragged edge :D

Xterm1n8or
09-23-2010, 07:36 PM
Sorry I have no idea what caused it but I was racing online at Suzuka earlier in heavy rain and somebody posted a 1:25 when I was doing 1:47's which was a very decent time.

So there's definitely some kind of glitch going on.

Cube623
09-23-2010, 08:08 PM
Sorry I have no idea what caused it but I was racing online at Suzuka earlier in heavy rain and somebody posted a 1:25 when I was doing 1:47's which was a very decent time.

So there's definitely some kind of glitch going on.
Definitely a glitch happening as it's happened to me again at Silverstone online on a Grand Prix. Luckily this time I dropped it on the exit of the final turn at Beckets and as I cruised round slowly to get a good gap on the track my glitched time was only a 1:36 from a 2:06.

It's annoying as now at Silverstone my best time to beat is constantly this glitched time that will be near impossible to beat.

However as in the other threads it's been noticed that the achievements gained are not counting on Xbox.com meaning that we may have to start the achievements from scratch so I may delete my save hopefully getting rid of my best time issue. Also it doesn't seem to have been saved on any leader boards.

Hopefully it's just some first day server issues but if not I hope it gets sorted quick along with the pit stop bug. Don't know if I've been unlucky with it happening twice but I can see it ruining some Grand Prix matches (wonder if it affects the Pole Position game mode?)

Xterm1n8or
09-23-2010, 10:17 PM
Definitely a glitch happening as it's happened to me again at Silverstone online on a Grand Prix. Luckily this time I dropped it on the exit of the final turn at Beckets and as I cruised round slowly to get a good gap on the track my glitched time was only a 1:36 from a 2:06.

It's annoying as now at Silverstone my best time to beat is constantly this glitched time that will be near impossible to beat.

However as in the other threads it's been noticed that the achievements gained are not counting on Xbox.com meaning that we may have to start the achievements from scratch so I may delete my save hopefully getting rid of my best time issue. Also it doesn't seem to have been saved on any leader boards.

Hopefully it's just some first day server issues but if not I hope it gets sorted quick along with the pit stop bug. Don't know if I've been unlucky with it happening twice but I can see it ruining some Grand Prix matches (wonder if it affects the Pole Position game mode?)

Yeah I heard Codemasters are working on a patch for the pit stop bug and I bet they know about this too.

It's annoying because some people who don't know about this glitch will probably file complaints against you for hacking or something when you play online and it happens through no fault of your own. Hopefully they'll fix it soon! :)

Apart from a few bugs I'm loving this game. :D

hairyfingernail
09-24-2010, 12:25 PM
I was doing a online grand prix at valencia and some guy posted a 1:22 time. getting him on pole. everyone else were getting 1:41 - 1:48. Race started first corner he went flying past the turn, on to the run off area. boy did i laugh.

Its a very weird glitch, lets hope codemasters sort it out.