PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy the special edition?

Braiiins
09-24-2010, 02:01 AM
I'm on the fence about upgrading to the special edition, so let me get your advice.

pros
I'd be interested in the extra content, art book, and soundtrack. I really love assassin's creed.

cons
The jack-in-the-box looks silly to me, i want a statue. I forget what else it comes with. it's also $100....

I'd make a poll but don't know how.

Thanks.

D x NICE
09-24-2010, 11:14 AM
I would say yes get it just for the extra down loadable content if you don't like the jack in the box then sell it in ebay or something like that. IMO there are too many pros and enough cons not to get it.

Braiiins
09-24-2010, 12:33 PM
Thanks, I made the decision last night about 30 minutes after making this thread to buy it.

R6soldier
09-26-2010, 09:50 PM
i guess it depends how big of a fan you are...i liked AC1 and loved AC2(i had the limited edition)...i'm getting the limited edition for AC Brotherhood as well...my only con is the price obviously...i don't remember paying $100 for AC2 limited edition...i think it was only $79

Jellybean468
09-26-2010, 10:23 PM
I think you mean the Limited or Auditore Edition. The special edition comes with Harlequin/Officer and Aqueduct/Trajan Market only.

KemicalSupreme
09-28-2010, 01:46 AM
Why waste the extra money. The extra money you spend on the upgrade is 96% profit for them. You get a poster and an avatar outfit for 20 dollars. Not worth it to me.

OceanH
09-28-2010, 05:37 AM
I'm on the fence about upgrading to the special edition, so let me get your advice.

pros
I'd be interested in the extra content, art book, and soundtrack. I really love assassin's creed.

cons
The jack-in-the-box looks silly to me, i want a statue. I forget what else it comes with. it's also $100....

I'd make a poll but don't know how.

Thanks.

Jack-in-the-box silly?! You're truly not a collector and don't know how it is rare to find one that is not modern childish but one where it's design is classical and reminiscence of the renaissance/baroque.

A little bit of anthropology or History might enlighten you. :drunk

Azuto
09-30-2010, 10:21 PM
Every version of every game has a collector's edition, for me they're nicer when they are rarer, like when you buy the collector's edition for the first game before it becomes popular, because by the time you get to game 2,3,4, etc. and they keep throwing collectors, everyone buys them and they aren't all that rare so who cares...

What it comes down to is, do you want to pay 40$ extra for a jack-in-the-box and some maps that will probably be made DLC or can find codes online more than likely for a couple bucks.

Jack-in-the-box is cool and all, but for 40$ extra no thanks

MarleyMon81
10-01-2010, 08:18 PM
i guess it depends how big of a fan you are...i liked AC1 and loved AC2(i had the limited edition)...i'm getting the limited edition for AC Brotherhood as well...my only con is the price obviously...i don't remember paying $100 for AC2 limited edition...i think it was only $79

Yeah, it was $79 for me too from Game Stop (not counting tax and S/H).

Big1974Jay
10-22-2010, 01:30 AM
I think if your a big enough fan of the AC Series I think since the SE has enough extra content to be worth that added expense. I thought so that's why I ordered it.

Braiiins
10-22-2010, 06:22 PM
Just an update if I didn't post it already, the day after making this thread I went to the store and upgraded my preorder to the special edition. I feel much better about it and am interested in it enough to be using slurpee rewards points on the doctor jack-in-the-box so i'll have both of them.

Big1974Jay
10-22-2010, 07:38 PM
Just an update if I didn't post it already, the day after making this thread I went to the store and upgraded my preorder to the special edition. I feel much better about it and am interested in it enough to be using slurpee rewards points on the doctor jack-in-the-box so i'll have both of them.

NICE!! I upgraded mine a while ago and I'm glad I did.

Grado
10-22-2010, 09:01 PM
its kewl to see the extra stuff but the extra content for the game will probably be released for dlc in the future

DeekBoy
10-27-2010, 02:59 AM
im a huge collectors of these editions so i have to get it and i think it contains some very cool stuff. now i just need to hunt for the euro collectors edition

ParDougie113
11-04-2010, 02:29 PM
Im still unsure if im going to get the Limited edition or not :confused:

vecht nl
11-04-2010, 09:52 PM
If you really loves the AC games why don't you buy the special eddition? it's made for people who loves the games

http://reachcard.power-heberg.com/generatecardemblem.php?gt=vecht%20nl&font=HERO (http://reachcard.power-heberg.com)

Joanna
11-04-2010, 10:45 PM
I think the artbook alone would be enough to sway me.