PDA

View Full Version : Problems w/ some achievements

GORQITO
09-24-2010, 02:05 AM
Has anyone else been having a few problems with some achievements? Because I swear I should have "practice makes perfect" (participate in all 3 practice sessions) and the achievement "clean license" (Complete a race without being involved in an accident), but they don't pop up. Anyone else have problems similar to this?

and how does "Well drilled" (Perform the perfect pit stop) work?

Shelton
09-24-2010, 02:46 AM
I tried to get "Clean License" in a quick one lap race. Started at the back, waited for 20 seconds then went. Didn't touch anybody and yet it didn't pop. I've seen a few people on my list with it though, so I guess it's a case of being persistent. Eventually it'll pop.

As for "Well Drilled" I'll tell you how I did it. In the settings before the race, I made sure Pit Limiter and the other pit option were set to manual. Had the race at 3 laps. Told my crew I was coming in on the first lap by pressing 'Y'. When in the pits, I pressed 'B' when I entered, then hit the brakes when they told me. That was it.

Man of Kent
09-24-2010, 06:22 AM
I had the same issue with practice makes perfect

I tried it in career mode and making sure I posted a time in each session before going to paddock as well as quali and the race but it didn't pop.

Either you have to complete the whole practice session or skip it with RB and not simply exit to paddock after posting a time or it has to be done in grand prix mode rather than career

shootermcgavin2
09-24-2010, 06:58 AM
I got "Clean License" without any issues, I wasn't even trying for it and it popped up.

MadcatNL
09-24-2010, 09:36 AM
Seems kinda random here and there yeah what pops up and what doesn't. Played on Monaco for the cheevo to get pole and the win there. Got pole, got the win, no cheevo, kinda weird. Gonna give it another try tonight.

Krzysiek68
09-24-2010, 09:43 AM
Full house
In single player set the fastest time in practice, take pole position and win the race

i've done everything what achievement say but it didnt unlocked

kornfan2007
09-24-2010, 10:53 AM
For "Practise Makes Perfect" I did it in Career mode. I had it set to long weekend with the Medium settings. I did about 10 laps on the first section which set a race time, I then pitted and then skipped to P2. I did about 5 -10 laps in this one and pitted and skipped to P3. Did about 5 laps in this and then skipped to qualifying and it popped.

It will pop before you hit qualifying if done correctly

GORQITO
09-24-2010, 03:38 PM
For "Practise Makes Perfect" I did it in Career mode. I had it set to long weekend with the Medium settings. I did about 10 laps on the first section which set a race time, I then pitted and then skipped to P2. I did about 5 -10 laps in this one and pitted and skipped to P3. Did about 5 laps in this and then skipped to qualifying and it popped.

Hm, well I have tried that, I hit up 5-10 laps in each session and at the end no achievement. But I did hit the paddock after the first session so I guess I'll have to try again.

One other problem that I'm seeing is achievements pop up after you do a task a second or third time, this happened to me with "seeking performance" (successfully complete and R&D test). First time I did it, nothing, but the second time around it popped up no problems.

Other than that the game isn't giving too many problems but I'm hoping there's updates in the happening.

ruslan74
09-24-2010, 07:05 PM
Some achievements show that the unlock but dont show up on the gamertag. I saw Face The Press popping up but nothing on the list from my gamertag or xbox.com. Also, in the first race no contact with any of the other drivers was ever made. Seems these glitched achievements are affetcing both console and PC versions of the game.

EDIT: Face The Press popped up again after race 2. Not registered in the achievement list again. Wonderful, lol!

lenny m
09-24-2010, 07:08 PM
i got the clean lap race. sometimes you may not hit them but a close shave can count towards it

guitarguy
09-24-2010, 11:48 PM
Either you have to complete the whole practice session or skip it with RB and not simply exit to paddock after posting a time or it has to be done in grand prix mode rather than career

What he said :) i posted my times then RB to fastforward time and it popped no problem so i guess you have to do that

Flyzer007
09-25-2010, 10:29 AM

You don't even need to do so many laps. Yesterday I've done this one quite easy.. I just entered T1 and set one valid time, then I skipped to T2 and set with a new valid time and then get to T3 and set the last valid time - in total 3 laps and the achievement popped up

Btw, of course you need to enter a Grand Prix with the setting "Full Race Weekend" because only there you got all three training sessions afaik

0 KSIK
09-25-2010, 12:47 PM
I have the same issues with winnig my first online ranked race. I have won a few now, but no acheivement. I have looked at other profiles and can not see anone who has unlocked it.

Has anyone here managed to unlock it ? and if so how did you do it ?

James Medway
09-25-2010, 03:07 PM
I have the same issues with winnig my first online ranked race. I have won a few now, but no acheivement. I have looked at other profiles and can not see anone who has unlocked it.

Has anyone here managed to unlock it ? and if so how did you do it ?

You have to win a grand prix race, not a sprint, i thought that but i didn't read the achievement properly

tally2425
09-25-2010, 03:58 PM
Ive had a problem with the 'Well Protected' achievement, Has anyone else?

GORQITO
09-25-2010, 08:15 PM
Ive had a problem with the 'Well Protected' achievement, Has anyone else?

I got that one on my first race. I guess you gotta make sure you're in first person view the whole time and yeah that's about it. Make sure its the right view, there's two views where you can kinda see the cockpit.

Other than that, not sure. Maybe try a few other races and see if it unlocks.

Krzysiek68
09-26-2010, 11:51 AM
i won 1 lap race with heavy rain on Germany track in Grand Prix mode with hamilton and no achievement. i must win longer race?

M!ke
09-26-2010, 12:07 PM
Krzysiek68

Read the achievement, You must do a race of 20% not 1/3 laps but 20%!!!

gouldie25
09-26-2010, 02:33 PM
I'm sure I should have achievment for being promoted to number 1 driver (cant remember what its called) got promoted after 10th career race didn't get achievment so thought maybe end of next race but still nothing? Will I get it at the end of the season HELP?

HardkorePrawn
09-26-2010, 02:52 PM
Did you accept a contract to be the number 1 driver?
If so, it doesn't take effect until the new season starts