PDA

View Full Version : WOW this is unpolished for a CM game

Suki
09-24-2010, 10:18 AM
Loads and loads of bugs way to many to list but some of the big ones are ghost cars in the pits that drive through u, massive wait for release after tyres that will destroy your race, keeps telling me 'thats the race leader' and im in 15th place :eek:, slow down around some tracks ie:monico, a real lack of timing checks / stats anywhere , there seems to be no record of how many fastest laps/poles/races wins/podiums/retirements u have done in career etc... the game is good overall but just seems 90% finished lacking any type of driving school or tut. AI cars ram u in the side and u get a drive through :( , i love F1 and CM but this game is very testing and leaves u feeling sometimes cheated and a little deflated.Getting the win a season on expert mode could be impossible with all the bugs, i dont think there will be an update anytime soon although they are working on one, CM have stated NO DLC for F1 2010 as they are already working on a better F1 2011, imo sort this one out first.

kornfan2007
09-24-2010, 10:40 AM
Only glitch I have had was the game has frozen a few times for 2-3 seconds when Im blitzing along a straight. It always comes back though.

You can see how many wins etc in the garage if you look left and select Team mate :-)

Xterm1n8or
09-24-2010, 11:14 AM
Yeah I heard they are working on a fix for those issues. The ghost car in the pit lane isn't a bug though, it's to stop people causing pileups in the pit lane by going really slowly.

shootermcgavin2
09-24-2010, 11:51 AM
Only glitch I have had was the game has frozen a few times for 2-3 seconds when Im blitzing along a straight. It always comes back though.

You can see how many wins etc in the garage if you look left and select Team mate :-)

This is my issue too, a little freeze here and there. I thought all the stats were there in good detail, as above says they are there :)

Xterm1n8or
09-24-2010, 12:06 PM
Just came across another bug. I was racing in Malaysia on slicks and it started raining. It was ok at first but as you'd expect when it got a bit more wet my car was uncontrollable. I was doing 2min 40 laps.

At this point all the AI cars passed me, I went from 10th to last in a couple of corners. The AI still had slicks on like me yet they were still going full speed doing 1 min 35 laps. What the hell? They should be sliding off at almost every corner like me! This must get fixed....

daenius
09-24-2010, 12:53 PM
Just came across another bug. I was racing in Malaysia on slicks and it started raining. It was ok at first but as you'd expect when it got a bit more wet my car was uncontrollable. I was doing 2min 40 laps.

At this point all the AI cars passed me, I went from 10th to last in a couple of corners. The AI still had slicks on like me yet they were still going full speed doing 1 min 35 laps. What the hell? They should be sliding off at almost every corner like me! This must get fixed....

really? that sounds odd, I haven't experienced this particular problem yet - when I was racing in Budapest the same thing happened (driving with slicks, it started raining), the AI slipped as much as I did, the lap times increased, too.
I am playing on medium difficulty... maybe this only happens on specific tracks...

What difficulty are you playing on?

I reckon that the AI adjusts much better than you if you're playing on hard or expert difficulty.

I'm not saying you're a bad driver, but it seems quite realistic that "better drivers" would adjust almost instantaneously when driving on wet ground with slicks, therefore not sliding off like you do.

1:35:00 laps do sound very unrealistic, though, even on hard/expert mode...

Xterm1n8or
09-24-2010, 01:15 PM
really? that sounds odd, I haven't experienced this particular problem yet - when I was racing in Budapest the same thing happened (driving with slicks, it started raining), the AI slipped as much as I did, the lap times increased, too.
I am playing on medium difficulty... maybe this only happens on specific tracks...

What difficulty are you playing on?

I reckon that the AI adjusts much better than you if you're playing on hard or expert difficulty.

I'm not saying you're a bad driver, but it seems quite realistic that "better drivers" would adjust almost instantaneously when driving on wet ground with slicks, therefore not sliding off like you do.

1:35:00 laps do sound very unrealistic, though, even on hard/expert mode...

Yeah I was on expert/legendary AI .I'm not a bad driver it was just raining so heavily my car wouldn't actually even turn unless I was going under 100mph. They just zoomed round corners at full speed. :confused: It was on the last lap too so it was annoying that I dropped from 10th to 24th in the Lotus and my team mate ended up beating me. (This happened in career mode)

DeafSunchaser
09-24-2010, 02:14 PM
yeah pit stops a joke! even if im well ahead i still have to wait! wish i could punch the lolly pop fag in the head lool!

Apexeus
09-24-2010, 04:10 PM
Loads and loads of bugs way to many to list but some of the big ones are

ghost cars in the pits that drive through u,

massive wait for release after tyres that will destroy your race,

there seems to be no record of how many fastest laps/poles/races wins/podiums/retirements u have done in career etc...

i dont think there will be an update anytime soon although they are working on one, CM have stated NO DLC for F1 2010 as they are already working on a better F1 2011, imo sort this one out first.

Ghost in pitlane is intentional. Stop dickheads online ramming you or stopping you pitting.

Massive wait is a bug i'll give you that, CM are aware and are working on it, they have posted a work-around on their forums until a patch is out.

As for records, your not looking closely enough. In your motorhome, check the standings, select your name, info is there. Or even look left in the pitbox, check team-mate.

As for bold about F1 2011, you honestly want them to stop work on F1 2011 and fix very minor flaws in this, resulting in F1 2011 being unfinished?

lenny m
09-24-2010, 04:15 PM
i have had one glitch that I fixed. when i selected quick race first time, it kept going onto pause menu in paddock but i restarted it and worked fine after

FOXHOUND MGS4
09-24-2010, 04:50 PM
Loads and loads of bugs way to many to list but some of the big ones are ghost cars in the pits that drive through u, massive wait for release after tyres that will destroy your race, keeps telling me 'thats the race leader' and im in 15th place :eek:, slow down around some tracks ie:monico, a real lack of timing checks / stats anywhere , there seems to be no record of how many fastest laps/poles/races wins/podiums/retirements u have done in career etc... the game is good overall but just seems 90% finished lacking any type of driving school or tut. AI cars ram u in the side and u get a drive through :( , i love F1 and CM but this game is very testing and leaves u feeling sometimes cheated and a little deflated.Getting the win a season on expert mode could be impossible with all the bugs, i dont think there will be an update anytime soon although they are working on one, CM have stated NO DLC for F1 2010 as they are already working on a better F1 2011, imo sort this one out first.

Looks like another failed Codemasters game? Dirt 2 was awful, so was Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising.... Thanks for the heads-up on these bugs/glitches/faults. I now know not to buy it!

Xterm1n8or
09-24-2010, 05:06 PM
The more I play this the more bugs I come across. It makes me wonder whether codemasters actually did any testing on this. The gameplay is great but it is being to be ruined by all the bugs.

I'm beginning to think they have made a mistake somewhere when going gold. This can't be the final version of the game.

Suki
09-24-2010, 11:25 PM
The more I play this the more bugs I come across. It makes me wonder whether codemasters actually did any testing on this. The gameplay is great but it is being to be ruined by all the bugs.

I'm beginning to think they have made a mistake somewhere when going gold. This can't be the final version of the game.

these are my thoughts exactly, dont get me wrong i love the game its great but the little bugs are annoying, and when i say about my stats i mean like they are tracked in forza etc...

RYARNI
09-25-2010, 11:06 AM
these are my thoughts exactly, dont get me wrong i love the game its great but the little bugs are annoying, and when i say about my stats i mean like they are tracked in forza etc...

I can really see how 'Minutes spent in pitlane' will compliment your life :confused: This is not Forza, Forza was slow and boring, this is F1, its stupid, and its fast :drunk