Site Awards for Completing Truly Difficult Games

Guest CC99999

Guest CC99999

Here's a thought.

What if we had site awards for members who complete truly difficult games. For instance, a few of us are working on Rumble Roses XX.

This is a controversial game, most people with 1000 points in the game have gamesaved it. Most of these folks aren't members of our community. Who knows, maybe twenty people in the world have really accomplished this feat.

If we promoted accomplishing the feat of beating this game on the site, more people would try to do it. Not just for the points- but of the award.

It would set a good example for the community- because it says- these people accomplished this seemingly impossible task and did it the right way.

To beat this game you are gonna have to invest several hundred hours. So it's not like we'd be just handing this thing out.

There are a couple other games like this:

DOAX2

GRAW

Quake 4

Ridge Racer 6

Tiger Woods 06 (which would be unobtainable if you started now).

Before I wrap this up, I just want to say- that I do not want the site to do this because I am trying to finish a game. I don't like posts that are to the effect of- I qualify for something- give me an award.

What I do like to see is the community here trying to motivate its members to accomplish something- like the NBA Live 2007 award.

Getting 1000 points in Ridge Racer 6 and Rumble Roses XX is a simple as downloading a save, so the people who are trying to do it for real aren't doing it for the thousand points... let's encourage people to go for these impossible achievements even when others have taken the easy way out.

Guest CC99999

Minty,

I see where you are coming from.

The only point of mine that I want to make clear is that the community should get together and support those who endeavor to do truly difficult things.

If this site had five or ten people actually try to finish RRXX or DOAX2 or RR6 then it would show how hardcore we were as a community.

Without community support, what's the point of trying to get something so esoteric and difficult?

What about a different spin on it then...Minty you say we have the 1000 clubs for stuff of this nature and I totally got it, just want to put this out there, take it or leave it...we have awards for 1000, 5000, 10000 posts right, well seeing how this site is all about achievements and the completion of games, maybe an award for completing 25 games full 1000/1250 gs. And the same would be for Arcades...having an interval at 25, 50, 100...That is what this site is all about, so maybe an award made for those who have actually achieved it? Just a thought, like I said, take it or leave it..

Here's another take... Since the 1000 clubs already exist, which is always a neat thing to get your name on, how about a badge that people can put in their sig that links to the 1000 list... like some kind of military ribbon... Seperate from the awards under people's user name. I think that would be a neat idea... having it link to the 1000 list would not only promote the 1000 lists, but also keep people from just putting them in their sigs and then people wondering if they are really on the list. Unauthorized ribbons would cause infractions... another kind of policing thing... I can try and come up with a prototype ribbon while I am at work tonight if this sounds like a good idea.

i was reading the thread starting post and thinking that the idea of awards for games completed (10, 20, 50, etc) would be a cool idea.

i understand that awards are supposed to be very very special and hard to get, but it would be cool if there were awards that we could work towards, rather than having to search for unfound achievement pics or hopelessly trying to win a tournament.

just my two cents.

I have always liked this idea but manually could take a long time so i really like xdigitalangelx's idea. I also vote The Pants Party to be involvedin this as he designed my sig and a html site with my games take a look and if you like, you can see if he would do it for you. An x360a ribbon would be cool for it.

i like the awards thing for completing a certain amount of games, but mabe a little more restricted because obviously it would be stupid if everyone had 10 awards on the site as that would diminish the truly difficult ones like a tourney or MoM, so mabe like a joined award for retail/arcade? just a thought

I think the awards should just be for stuff that contribute to the community. The "# posts" awards show that the person is involved and helps out, answering questions and the like. Playing games is your own thing and your own accomplishment, you haven't furthered the community by beating games, you know?

I do think some kind of recognition as a signature option to show how many games completed would be cool. In the past months tons of people have been adding all the games they've completed to the sig just as type, so why not incorporate that into the site somehow to cut back on the length of type in people's signatures, seeing as pretty much everyone does it anyway? That way there would just be two images (userbar size) instead of all that type.

Like Adam Miller mentioned I can make quick, easy html pages for anyone who would like one, and if there was an official ribbon (much like the userbars people like), they could just link from that... unless you wanted to make a better, prettier option as I know you guys could. I've got mediocre html knowledge, but it works I guess.