PDA

View Full Version : Research & Development Tasks.

macca94
09-24-2010, 07:08 PM
Could anyone tell me how i can set R&D tasks in practice sessions?

cheers

xLMx1994
09-24-2010, 07:13 PM
Could anyone tell me how i can set R&D tasks in practice sessions?

cheers

when you get told you have one, go to enginer and then go on R&D test above go to track. then press accept or whatever it says

Regor Ttenneb
09-24-2010, 07:14 PM
I got the option at the start of practice in my 3rd career race. Your engineer will tell you when its available while in the garage.

f1ferrari
09-24-2010, 07:54 PM
During career depending on your starting team you will be requested to carry out R&D.
You must complete each of the 3 R&D tests in P1,2,3 so I think you must have long weekend on. I'm with Lotus and I was offered engine mapping(for what good it is(cruise) I wanted the other mapping) but I was given the task of testing at Melbourne.

The R&D is set by the number 1 driver, so until you become team leader you don't have a say over what R&D path the team will take.

xLMx1994
09-24-2010, 07:58 PM
During career depending on your starting team you will be requested to carry out R&D.
You must complete each of the 3 R&D tests in P1,2,3 so I think you must have long weekend on. I'm with Lotus and I was offered engine mapping(for what good it is(cruise) I wanted the other mapping) but I was given the task of testing at Melbourne.

The R&D is set by the number 1 driver, so until you become team leader you don't have a say over what R&D path the team will take.

thats when i got the test to. i only did Practice 1 though and i think i still have the upgrade

mptuk
09-24-2010, 08:11 PM
mine came in my 2nd race practice at melbourne asked me to finish a lap at 1:40

f1ferrari
09-24-2010, 08:39 PM
I wont take it for gosball, but from what I understood it was all 3 practices then it would be available for the race, plus after the third test you get the achievement pop off, so you know if you completed the R&D or not. did you get one, or the engine mapping cruise available for the race?

xLMx1994
09-24-2010, 08:59 PM
I wont take it for gosball, but from what I understood it was all 3 practices then it would be available for the race, plus after the third test you get the achievement pop off, so you know if you completed the R&D or not. did you get one, or the engine mapping cruise available for the race?

i got a chevo when i completed the first lap that was under the target. not sure if it was for the R&D test but it probably was. i didnt check

Shelder
09-25-2010, 04:49 PM
I just unlocked the achievement in my fourth race, in Shangai. You don't need to be the number 1 pilot, and I had short weekend on. :p

f1ferrari
09-25-2010, 06:58 PM
I just unlocked the achievement in my fourth race, in Shangai. You don't need to be the number 1 pilot, and I had short weekend on. :p

I don't think the #1 spot was in question this just says who has control over the R&D development, just weather the R&D tests were also applicable in short race weekends. kool, I can change mine down to short now. Thanks for clearing this up. incidentaly what upgrade did you get?