PDA

View Full Version : What would you rate F1 2010

xLMx1994
09-24-2010, 07:50 PM
i would give it a 9.5 mainly because im a huge F1 fan and just a racing nut. the only problems is the penalty i think are given out to often, for to little. the pitstop thing is anoying, but then it forces you to pit on a lap you dont or didnt want to. i like that as i often pit a lap after they do, so the in lap has got to be spot on. love the challenge.

also the most important thing for me in a racing game is AI that are close to my speed. i have started my career at lotus and on expert difficulty there is almost constantly 2 tenths or less between me and my teamate. we finished qualy at bahrain with just one hundreth between me and jarno. that is what i love in racing games, close racing.

f1ferrari
09-24-2010, 08:34 PM
Massive F1 fan, as some others on this forum will already know, I rate F1 2010 a 7.5
***EDIT***Score raised from 6 - 7.5 as one of the big functions for me does work, I had just not realised I was having a bad time with the weather. when I says sunny on the monitor u expect to be outside but it wasn't ***EDIT*** (I will re-edit the score on the patch).

For a start, the sky on my game always seems....grey in places (let me know your opinions)***EDIT*** I must have had some very bad luck as the sky does now change so i take back what I said here.***EDIT***, even when it's sunny, I was expecting to see light bloom, and massive glares here and there. not noticed any yet.
I was expecting to notice bad weather coming in, the sky currently does not tell me this, I think I had a small rain shower at Melbourne, the sky went slightly orange but I was in the pits when this changed...instantly.

The AI is a bit... skitish at times, although I have no problems with the blocks and the aggressive driving, in fact I love how hard they will fight for there place, but try following one round a fast corner and it looks like they are going to lose it at any moment, or worse still they jerk back to the racing line. makes it feel... horrible, I would not mind a gentle fish tail as you would normally see but this is insane. if you think I'm wrong here watch them at turn 3 at Bahrain expert mode(in case it does not do it on any other level of difficulty)

Some of the crashes are just...poor I turn a corner on one session I caught the tinyest of wing lets of another car, and he promptly mounted the side of my car I didn't touch him barley. some cars go through the tarmac when having a crash. catch a wall wrong, instantly stop... it's like the the cars got Velcro on the side and the wall is the other part.
Full pit lane control, not true by any stretch, put the limiter on, and press brake at the right time for a stop. no steering required as it does it all it's self. grrrr.

Plus sides, Love the garage format, in fact I really love the garage format, see and hear your engineers working on your car... look across the garage at your team mate.
I'd of put more guys on when you make changes to the car to make it feel...more busy, and added added time penalty for making the changes which you could of picked weather to sit there why they worked the car or accelerated like it does for damage repairs.
Love the Monitor on the cockpit makes the interface feel more real. in fact I've said what I think about the garage already it's a great place to be, with some tweaks to make it better.
You should be told about the press wanting an interview so you could go back to paddock between practise-qualy, qualy-race and after the race, or you might miss that little bit of rep gain by missing it, this might be annoying later but for me right now I like the questions, and the team love me more too lol.

Like the feel of the car...most of the time, I think the key here to just to get a perfect set-up for it to suit your drying skill, this again will need editing when I come into better cars. Lotus don't quite cut it. I would say steering wheel would be the drivers choice, I have no way of getting on one yet, but know I would benefit. you can feel you would.

Overall I really do love the game, despite the 6 there is reasons and many bugs a new score will be posted when bugs are fixed. but don't be put off, you like F1 and you like F1 racing, this is a whole lot of fun with so many unique features that make it even better.

That's it for me for now, tear it apart if you like, these are just a few of my opinions, others may disagree, so post what ya feel and I will answer.

Suki
09-24-2010, 11:32 PM
i played pretty much every racing game over the last 27 yrs and this is right at the top a solid 9/10 i wish the small bugs would get fixed but i can live with em, as this is the best F1 game ever.

DeafSunchaser
09-24-2010, 11:52 PM
i give it an 8/10 but when the bugs are fixed prolly give it a 9

Darf Spud
09-25-2010, 04:39 PM
i would give it a 9.5 mainly because im a huge F1 fan and just a racing nut. the only problems is the penalty i think are given out to often, for to little. the pitstop thing is anoying, but then it forces you to pit on a lap you dont or didnt want to. i like that as i often pit a lap after they do, so the in lap has got to be spot on. love the challenge.

also the most important thing for me in a racing game is AI that are close to my speed. i have started my career at lotus and on expert difficulty there is almost constantly 2 tenths or less between me and my teamate. we finished qualy at bahrain with just one hundreth between me and jarno. that is what i love in racing games, close racing.

I'm with you on the penalty thing. When I was racing in Bahrain, Button reversed into me and I got a penalty.

xLMx1994
09-25-2010, 04:42 PM
I'm with you on the penalty thing. When I was racing in Bahrain, Button reversed into me and I got a penalty.

yh today i got a 5 place grid penalty in qualy for spinning. it said i got it for dangerous driving. noone was around me or any where near me. dont know why i got a penalty but i still love this game.

lenny m
09-25-2010, 05:06 PM
i got 5 place grid drop for the other driver hitting me. quality game

Dragon86
09-25-2010, 05:17 PM
I'd give it an 8

A few pluses, only a few of the tracks in the game can be found in other racing games (also, no Laguna Seca!!!)

A field of 24 cars in a simulation racing game. It actually makes you feel like you're racing instead of doing just doing laps.

An interesting career mode that makes you want to continue playing/

As for the bugs. Can't say I've noticed any, although I've noticed that everyone who's been complaining about them have been from the PAL region. Have any other North Americans seen these bugs?

RazerindemiX
09-25-2010, 05:20 PM
Yep so far right up there with the best racers
i like that it's got that grid feeling i was a bit fan of grid
well done codemasters
i know its got a few issues but i expect those to b smoothed out when it gets it 1st update
so i'm going to give it 10
i think it earns that just on style&content loving all the details

xLMx1994
09-25-2010, 05:21 PM
I'd give it an 8

A few pluses, only a few of the tracks in the game can be found in other racing games (also, no Laguna Seca!!!)

A field of 24 cars in a simulation racing game. It actually makes you feel like you're racing instead of doing just doing laps.

An interesting career mode that makes you want to continue playing/

As for the bugs. Can't say I've noticed any, although I've noticed that everyone who's been complaining about them have been from the PAL region. Have any other North Americans seen these bugs?

there is no laguna seca becuase it is not in the F1 calendar

Dragon86
09-25-2010, 05:34 PM
there is no laguna seca becuase it is not in the F1 calendar

I know that and I'm glad it is not on the schedule. It just seemed like every racing game to come out had featured that track and it became really tedious to run races there.

xLMx1994
09-25-2010, 05:36 PM
I know that and I'm glad it is not on the schedule. It just seemed like every racing game to come out had featured that track and it became really tedious to run races there.

yh dont worry i miss read your post about the tracks

GORQITO
09-25-2010, 08:24 PM
So far it's an 8.5. As F1 games go this is the best by far but there are some issues that need to be fixed, such as bs "corner cutting" rules and some AI issues. What I mean by corner cutting is that sometimes I would brake too late for a turn and just ride on the outside a bit, and it gives me a penalty for supposedly "corner cutting". AI, to be honest I wish they made more human mistakes, they never seem to have any problems on the track (except for a practice session where Hamiltion nailed me in the rear for no reason).

I am not going to let the downfalls of the game overshadow the good points, and it is fun. The graphics look great and the physics of the cars is done really well. It is a great challenge as racing games go as well.

xLMx1994
09-25-2010, 08:28 PM
So far it's an 8.5. As F1 games go this is the best by far but there are some issues that need to be fixed, such as bs "corner cutting" rules and some AI issues. What I mean by corner cutting is that sometimes I would brake too late for a turn and just ride on the outside a bit, and it gives me a penalty for supposedly "corner cutting". AI, to be honest I wish they made more human mistakes, they never seem to have any problems on the track (except for a practice session where Hamiltion nailed me in the rear for no reason).

I am not going to let the downfalls of the game overshadow the good points, and it is fun. The graphics look great and the physics of the cars is done really well. It is a great challenge as racing games go as well.

The AI have crashed in front of me in the race so many times, and in every practice and qualy session at catalunya that i did, at some point in the session i found vettel facing the wrong way at the final corner.

mptuk
09-26-2010, 12:15 AM
because of its bugs n penalties which are really annoying im giving it a 7/10 its a great game but those little things spoil it for me especially corner cutting, or sometimes as im using the corner lines for help in cornering when t goes into the red and you slow right down it stays the same colour.

TheNarrator23
09-26-2010, 12:23 AM
I give it a 9/10. There are a few thing that annoy me, but the racing is perfect. The lack of a podiumshow when you get in the top 3 or win is a great fault in my opinion. also with the interviews, almost no variation in questions. These are the only things why this game loses a point.

Pottsy360
09-26-2010, 01:26 AM
I would give this game 93%.
A Brilliant game with afew slight issues.

1) From my personal experience, no saftey car.
2) Car damage is poor on the game, fly into a wall at 200mph, only front wing comes off and a loose wheel.
3) after starting a replay again after making a poor corner to try it again. Once started you go straight for a half a second, annoying...
4) Small problem, but it would be nice to create your own In depth profile with a generic apperance.
5) Lastly, no watchable podium collection at the end of the race

I think you would agree that i am grasping straws here that make this game so good. However, gthe contract their under for the next 3 years will hopefully see these problems go away and even more realism brought to the table, awesome first attempt at F1.