PDA

View Full Version : Time Trial Invalidated Lap

A Social Reject
09-25-2010, 12:32 AM
----------

Sherrif Jimmy
09-25-2010, 12:54 AM
It's probably to stop people cutting corners to get a stupidly fast time on the leaderboards.

Cube623
09-25-2010, 12:56 AM
I can sort of see why they've did it. Pretty much eliminates any cheaters that may use the run-offs to gain extra speed although I have to agree it can be very sensitive sometimes.

However what I don't get is why if you go off twice or if you go off very wide and it takes a long time to return that it invalidates the next lap too? Trying to do a time trial at Abu Dhabi was very interesting to say the least :)

lewgiffard
09-25-2010, 01:38 AM
I can sort of see why they've did it. Pretty much eliminates any cheaters that may use the run-offs to gain extra speed although I have to agree it can be very sensitive sometimes.

However what I don't get is why if you go off twice or if you go off very wide and it takes a long time to return that it invalidates the next lap too? Trying to do a time trial at Abu Dhabi was very interesting to say the least :) I completely agree, on both points. Keeping the laps strictly between the 2 lines that define the edge of the track keeps it fair for everyone.
And as for having the next lap invalidated - GRRR!:mad:

Dragon86
09-25-2010, 04:16 AM
Question. When you guys go off the second time, What segment are you in? My theory is the it invalidates the next lap if you cut the corners in the third segment of the previous lap, Cutting the last corner of the previous lap could more speed for the start of the actual time trial lap and a lower time then what is realistically possible.

Example would be Montreal and think of the speed difference you would have crossing the line bu cutting the chicane vs. negotiating it.

Cube623
09-25-2010, 08:47 AM
Question. When you guys go off the second time, What segment are you in? My theory is the it invalidates the next lap if you cut the corners in the third segment of the previous lap, Cutting the last corner of the previous lap could more speed for the start of the actual time trial lap and a lower time then what is realistically possible.

Example would be Montreal and think of the speed difference you would have crossing the line bu cutting the chicane vs. negotiating it.
I can't say I've noted what sector I'm in but thats a very good point. I'm sure I've been in the first sector and completly missed my braking point and ended up in the next postcode :p and it's invalidated the next lap as a result. However I am getting senile these days so....I'll have to check :D

RYARNI
09-25-2010, 11:09 AM
However what I don't get is why if you go off twice or if you go off very wide and it takes a long time to return that it invalidates the next lap too? Trying to do a time trial at Abu Dhabi was very interesting to say the least :)

This is to stop you cutting a massive corner on, for example, the last corner of a lap and building up more speed for the straight to the next lap... well thats the only reason I can think of...and Im not even sure thats a valid reason.

Also you can still cut corners, but if you watch F1 they dont do it by that much, cut them where yoiuy need to, but linking apexes is key.