PDA

View Full Version : What is your LEAST favorite track

Dragon86
09-25-2010, 06:11 AM
For me, it is Monte Carlo. I can't even complete a lap without taking off the front wing.

skuff
09-25-2010, 08:29 AM
I can't stand that either mate. It's a quality tough track, but I really don't like it overall. Takes too much concentration over the 16 laps

Knaapster
09-25-2010, 09:26 AM
Monte Carlo aswell, can't stand the rain it's horrible :mad:

wolvieware
09-25-2010, 09:31 AM
Singapore, easily. Far too slow, with corners that don't flow together as well as Monaco.

will hughes
09-25-2010, 02:20 PM
Abu Dhabi for me.

Gebadire
09-25-2010, 02:27 PM
Singapore. It's a bit of a wall orgy for me!...

xXFace FistedXx
09-25-2010, 02:37 PM
I've only done the first 5 races so far, and I'd have to say Catalunya. Having raced that track in Forza 3 hundreds of times over, I figured it would be cake when I got to it. For some reason, I could not get the hang of turn 9, so bad it was to the point where i was 4 seconds off the leaders pace. Granted, they don't expect you to win every race in F1, but I finished 2 laps down in dead last. I still absolutely love the game though.

lenny m
09-25-2010, 02:45 PM
China in the wet, Barcelona in the dry

Dragon86
09-25-2010, 03:24 PM
I've only done the first 5 races so far, and I'd have to say Catalunya. Having raced that track in Forza 3 hundreds of times over, I figured it would be cake when I got to it. For some reason, I could not get the hang of turn 9, so bad it was to the point where i was 4 seconds off the leaders pace. Granted, they don't expect you to win every race in F1, but I finished 2 laps down in dead last. I still absolutely love the game though.

Catalunya wasn't kind to me either. My problems were in the last few corners, especially the chicane.

Suki
09-25-2010, 03:30 PM
i was really quick at all tracks except for Catalunya and Budapest, i was off the pace by a long way and dont know why yet.

Shelton
09-25-2010, 03:41 PM
Catalunya wasn't kind to me either. My problems were in the last few corners, especially the chicane.

The AI is Godlike at Catalunya. They put in flawless laps and take corners at impossible speeds. Everyone I've spoke to has had a lot of trouble just trying to keep up with the backmarkers.

On topic, my least favourite is either Monaco or Korea.

DeafSunchaser
09-25-2010, 03:59 PM
FUCKING HELL the marina bay singaPOOR is the worse! i can only get 1:50 and still end up last in qualys!

dosh107
09-25-2010, 07:25 PM
singapore for me

jacobite
09-25-2010, 07:41 PM
Singapore in game, irl Monaco.

Ai should back off a bit in the street races ffs, 13th in monaco after resetting the race three times

GORQITO
09-25-2010, 08:12 PM
So far, from what I've raced, I'd have to say Korea. But from what I'm hearing Monte Carlo sounds like a B!tch.

Machina22
09-25-2010, 09:55 PM
Monte Carlo. Not raced on Singapore yet though.

KPD7424
09-25-2010, 11:29 PM
I'm interested in getting to Catalunya soon and try it out since a lot of you guys dislike it. As with everyone else who has spent hours on Forza 3, you run that track for hundreds of laps.. I have only ran at Monza, Bahrain, Melbourne and Malaysia.. Sector 2 at Bahrain has been by far most biggest trouble spot.

Blakey
09-26-2010, 12:09 AM
So far Melbourne and China have been my favourites, hated Catalunya and Sepang though.

My next race in Monaco and i absolutely can't wait! Suprised any Americans brought this game though...thought they were all into NASCAR, Indy Car and the Champ Car series myself??

KPD7424
09-26-2010, 12:16 AM
So far Melbourne and China have been my favourites, hated Catalunya and Sepang though.

My next race in Monaco and i absolutely can't wait! Suprised any Americans brought this game though...thought they were all into NASCAR, Indy Car and the Champ Car series myself??

Been a big follower of F1 for about 15 years but also know all there is to know about Nascar and Indy Car Series as well. Nascar doesnt interest me like it once did however.

ian333333
09-26-2010, 01:04 AM
singapore an valencia are the worst

i did lose my front wing a lot in monaco but i changed the car balance an actually got faster laps without it!!! :P

Ic3DFire
09-26-2010, 03:00 AM

Yeah, I'm at 6 or 7 races now, and Catalunya seems to be my most hated track so far... I've also driven on it in Forza 3 like 100 times, but I just can't seem to set a good time on it with an F1 car... Specially those last few corners suck, not to mention the fact that I spin out 9 out of 10 times at the chicane (that last corner, I keep hitting the curbs too much).

I didn't even bother to finish the race, I smacked my car into the wall, only to find out Monaco was next!
Thank god Monaco is just a hard track which needs some getting used to, but it's a nice track if you ask me :)

Flyzer007
09-26-2010, 12:04 PM
So far Monaco.. I think it is a great circuit but in pouring rain a true nightmare

DAYTONAMIKE
09-26-2010, 06:16 PM
Monaco is tough at first but just pratice pratice and pratice, I can post 1:19's on there now which imo is a quick time for Monaco. also don't get the hate for Singapore track, I like it, I won my first ranked grand prix on it :D

narcolepticshee
09-27-2010, 12:19 AM
I HATE Catalunya.

The penultimate turns (chicane?) is impossible and you can't catch up becuase of it. I started in 24th and managed to get up to 2nd in the end, but was NO WHERE near the leader.

Peace

milecoupe
09-27-2010, 04:18 AM
Monaco is tough at first but just pratice pratice and pratice, I can post 1:19's on there now which imo is a quick time for Monaco.

Pretty much what he said practice.I'm down to 1:16:00's and close to 1:15:99 and thats without any setup.If you have problems with it just turn on the corner racing lines and that should help till you get use to them.

For me i hate the chinese gp.Tracks always bugged me no matter what game:mad:

I love Catalunya but the last 2/3 turns frigging suck.You can't do the normal line at speed without spinning frig.

WoH Jabba81
09-27-2010, 06:03 AM
Monaco for me.... 1:13.372 Place 9 in the Leaderboard now :)

Lekes
09-27-2010, 06:16 AM
Melbourne, Valencia, São Paulo.

DeGemaskerde
09-28-2010, 12:01 PM
That's Silverstone, i hate it!!!
And i still have to try singapore..

tugboatman
09-28-2010, 12:07 PM
Singapore. It's a bit of a wall orgy for me!...
lol me too

wraggster
09-28-2010, 12:23 PM
Singapore for me im way off the pace and just end up eating barrier

j4cob187
09-28-2010, 12:41 PM
The AI is Godlike at Catalunya. They put in flawless laps and take corners at impossible speeds. Everyone I've spoke to has had a lot of trouble just trying to keep up with the backmarkers.

I found Barcelona pretty easy, they werent Godlike, they were like 2 seconds a lap slower than me..

On topic: I hate Hungary in the wet and Korea in both wet and dry

headshed101
09-28-2010, 12:55 PM
Korea in both wet and dry

Off topic: I wonder what the drivers will think of Korea in RL (if it's ready in time and passes FIA inspections!)

On topic: for me the worse by far is Singapore, the chicane is the worse corner in F1!

j4cob187
09-28-2010, 02:14 PM
Off topic: I wonder what the drivers will think of Korea in RL (if it's ready in time and passes FIA inspections!)

I wonder if will even pass...

And also the chicane on Singapore, grrr i hate that chicane, so many penalties ive had from that chicane....

shootermcgavin2
09-28-2010, 06:29 PM
Singapore sucks, It's slow boring and doesn't flow!! A bit like sundays real GP, awful!!

Love Monza and Sao Paulo!!!

xLMx1994
09-28-2010, 06:31 PM
Singapore sucks, It's slow boring and doesn't flow!! A bit like sundays real GP, awful!!

Love Monza and Sao Paulo!!!

i thought singapore and sundays GP was really good

OctagonQontrol
09-28-2010, 06:35 PM
For the moment, Sakhir... Dunno why but I dont like the overall layout and usually screw up my outlap.

shootermcgavin2
09-29-2010, 06:30 AM
i thought singapore and sundays GP was really good

I think my mind was clouded due to the fact Hamilton didn't finish Grrr!! The race just seemed very slow in pace for me and lacked something!?

WoH Jabba81
09-29-2010, 07:56 AM
I think my mind was clouded due to the fact Hamilton didn't finish Grrr!! The race just seemed very slow in pace for me and lacked something!?

Hamilton finished off himself... bad maneuver. Shame that Webber could finish the race on the 3rd place...

TehAssassin8
09-29-2010, 02:48 PM
Monaco in the wet is horrible

Nathan LS27
09-29-2010, 05:16 PM
Catalunya is my most hated so far, as someone already said the last chicane is impossible to take on at a good pace, the car bottoms out because of the dip and spins you out every time. :mad:

xLMx1994
09-29-2010, 07:02 PM
Catalunya is my most hated so far, as someone already said the last chicane is impossible to take on at a good pace, the car bottoms out because of the dip and spins you out every time. :mad:

its not impossible, just hard

slackydave
09-29-2010, 08:01 PM
monaco is one of my favourite ones lol i hate catalunya!

o H i T M a N z
09-29-2010, 08:22 PM
Im only 6 races into the season, there has not been a track i dislike yet, but i have found Barcelona to be the most difficult. Sector 3 is very challenging, but i still manged to qualify 9th, and finish 4th in the race in the Lotus.

I see quite a few people dont like Monte Carlo, thats one of my favorites, i qualified on pole in a Lotus with a 1.18.100. Then won the race from pole and got the achievement :)

shootermcgavin2
09-29-2010, 09:30 PM
I could do no better than 8th at catalunya on my first season, yet in my second when I have got used to the game and with a Red Bull under my ass, I killed the track and all that was on it!!! I won by a mile!!

Also at Monaco, it's the only race I cannot get pole on, the average qualy time on my game was around 1.20, 1.21 I went out and did a 1.16 lap and was beaten by vettel, no one else got close!! wtf

Whitesnake75
09-30-2010, 11:08 AM
I think Monza has to be one of the most boring tracks.... Long straights cut up by chicanes and not much else... Monaco is a right mare to nail but once you get a good lap (not that i have) it's a pretty decent feeling! No wonder every F1 driver wants to win it.

jac0b187
09-30-2010, 11:33 AM
Monaco is definatly one of the best tracks in the season, i won it in the heavy rain in my second seaon and its definalty an award :D

Beating Webber and Hamilton by 15 seconds in the Heavy Rain on Hard on Monaco is awesome :D

pdean52
09-30-2010, 12:27 PM
yet to come across a track i genuinely dislike although i can't say i've raced catalunya or singapore yet so my opinion might change.

monaco is a great track IMO!

pined5551
09-30-2010, 01:30 PM

Definitley! That was the first race I did after stepping up the difficulty too. Catalunya is hell!

x iNFaMouS o
09-30-2010, 02:26 PM
Not a fan of the dusk racing in Abu Dhabi.

ElectroLlama
09-30-2010, 02:48 PM
Catalunya is by far the worst track. I agree monte carlo is tough but once u get a better car it will be easy. once your first there it is so easy to maintain.

ivegotalobon
09-30-2010, 02:58 PM
Hated Monace, but i have only raced there once in heavy rain in a lotus, now i am with ferrari in my second season it should be better

jacobite
09-30-2010, 04:35 PM

Yeah,
Instant I turned into the sun I was reminded of all the drivers comments about it, not a fan in that it makes it harder to see the race line but well done codies for making it as real as possible.

xLMx1994
09-30-2010, 05:36 PM
why does everyone hate catalunya. i love that track and always have. i was well happy when it was put on forza 3. i dont like silverstone though. its so boring to watch as well as drive round. one of the worst tracks in the world. theres better british tracks. my local track brands hatch. would love to see that come back in F1. snetterton with the changes its having over the winter would be as awesome track. GET RID OF SILVERSTONE!!!

Crazy BigGaz
09-30-2010, 07:14 PM
For me, it is Monte Carlo. I can't even complete a lap without taking off the front wing.

Same for me also.

lenny m
09-30-2010, 07:21 PM
mine is probably Bahrain

dancingtornado
09-30-2010, 07:56 PM
so far for me.. its beijing.. horrible, but saying that i am still in my first season with virgin.

Monto carlo was very testing in time trial mode and i was in the maclaren :O, very fun track though.. not the worst.

DarkWolf114
09-30-2010, 08:15 PM
It was Monte Carlo but because I got to pole I now like it. I would say so far it would be Cataluyna. I just really don'y like the chicane at the end and the acute turn half way through slows me down so much. Still came 2nd, damn Button not being caught up in the crash... Urgh! :P

Psycho Sykes
09-30-2010, 08:19 PM
gotta agree always smashig into walls not good

dancingtornado
09-30-2010, 09:53 PM
I would say so far it would be Cataluyna. I just really don'y like the chicane at the end and the acute turn half way through slows me down so much. Still came 2nd, damn Button not being caught up in the crash... Urgh! :P

Hell no thats my favourite right now.. i got pole and won the race :O with my virgin lol. Engineer was going mad on the radio at the end lol!

pdean52
10-02-2010, 11:08 AM
yet to come across a track i genuinely dislike although i can't say i've raced catalunya or singapore yet so my opinion might change.

monaco is a great track IMO!

Ok I've played a few more tracks in career now and catalunya is a horribly hard track. Qualified 18th and I don't think I could have got anymore out the car. Race will be tonight after restarting a couple of times last night and ending up frustrated.

daYoko
10-02-2010, 02:47 PM
My worst tracks have got to be Silverstone (finishing in a lapped 23th, with me taking Massa out in the process), and also Singapore (crashing out in the first lap of the race, taking out Massa, Hamilton, Button and Kobyashi with me - it was pretty spectacular).

Favorite tracks are Monaco (finished poll potion on qualifying in the wet with 8 seconds to spare, but crashed out on lap 16, taking Vettel out with me, but nobody likes Vettel and it's really enjoyable).

Also Catalynya, it was my first single player win, I was 16 seconds in front until I missed the first corner, still come first though.

Also another personal favorite is Abu Dhabi, with the perfect setup I was 26 seconds ahead of 2nd place and come out the pits still 1st.

Krzysiek68
10-02-2010, 03:16 PM
i dont like monte carlo

vithzeral
10-02-2010, 03:56 PM

Same here; even if I qualify OK it seems whatever my pit strategy I end up 20 seconds down because either someone doesn't pit, or the lollipop man holds me up.

Adasi
10-02-2010, 04:32 PM
Have add another nothc into catalunya's coffin - i HATE eveything herman Tilke has ever done - the man is single handedly ruining F1 circuits.

They're all so boring and the same.

Exception being Abu Dhabi if he had a hand in that.

But I HATE what he did the the hockenheim and i HATE what he did to Catalunya - ruined two brilliant circuits with horrific sections and sucked the soul out.

I used ot love screaming out of the last looooong corner at Catalunya full thorttole and burning down the straight. now it feels like a chore!

I hate monaco in RL and wish it wasn't on the calendar - it's incredibly boring for fans as nothing happens if it doesn't rain!

MeanMachine00
10-02-2010, 06:58 PM
Silverstone I detest now, I'm used to the old track of Silverstone and since they revamped it, the new turns just became my New Nightmare.

paul299
10-02-2010, 08:34 PM
My least favourite track both in the game and in real life watching F1 is Monaco. The track is simply too narrow for modern F1 cars and there are too few overtaking opportunities making for a parade from start to finish.

Dragon86
10-02-2010, 08:51 PM
I read something about Monaco about that if it hadn't been on the schedule already, there would be no way it that it would ever get an F1 date now.

Barad
10-03-2010, 12:20 PM
Monte Carlo sucks, such a tight track!

ansotica
10-03-2010, 06:28 PM
Monaco. I think it is because I'm jut not able to make a good lap there or race, don't know why..

Sanction
10-03-2010, 06:36 PM
Singapore, I despise that track. It's no surprise Hamilton said it has the worst chicane in F1 history.

headshed101
10-04-2010, 08:32 AM
Catalunya. Just driven it in career and I despise that final sector!

webbface
10-05-2010, 12:37 PM
Singapore is the worst circuit by far. Keep spinning off when clipping the inside curbs. Just doesn't flow too stop start. Silverstone & Spa are the best for me really quick tracks.

Adasi: I agree Hockenheim was wicked once with that monster straight into the forest. Catalunya could still get rid of the final chicane. In motogp they don't use it.

Tricky Turk
10-05-2010, 08:00 PM
Monte Carlo for me. Ik think i restarded the race like 20 or 30 times and just when i said this is my last try i was 4th untill sixth lap then got in for a pitstop and came out 17, then crashed and finished last xD

Stewie
10-05-2010, 08:18 PM
Marina Bay, Singapore. Especially THAT Chicane.

Beatmosh
10-05-2010, 08:36 PM
Monaco all the way! I managed to post a pole position after a lot of restarting the session! however i already had a 5 place grid drop for piledriving Glock into a wall in one of the practise sessions... then on the race i used all 4 flashbacks, pitted twice with smashed off front wings and drove most of the race with a slightly damaged wing... I finished 10th and I was delighted... I also wrecked Massa's car midway thru the race and took no penalty so that was ok too!

Barad
10-06-2010, 09:37 PM
The beginning of Silverton makes me weezy its so challengeing to not brake on a slight turn!

Nanbag
10-07-2010, 10:32 AM
singapore an valencia are the worst

i did lose my front wing a lot in monaco but i changed the car balance an actually got faster laps without it!!! :P

LOL, so you set up your car to go without a front wing!? i like how you have just thought sod it, i know im gonna lose a wing in this race lets set the car up to race without one.

My worst tracks have got to be Silverstone (finishing in a lapped 23th, with me taking Massa out in the process), and also Singapore (crashing out in the first lap of the race, taking out Massa, Hamilton, Button and Kobyashi with me - it was pretty spectacular).

Favorite tracks are Monaco (finished poll potion on qualifying in the wet with 8 seconds to spare, but crashed out on lap 16, taking Vettel out with me, but nobody likes Vettel and it's really enjoyable).

Also Catalynya, it was my first single player win, I was 16 seconds in front until I missed the first corner, still come first though.

Also another personal favorite is Abu Dhabi, with the perfect setup I was 26 seconds ahead of 2nd place and come out the pits still 1st.

i like how you have taken everyone elses worst tracks and said they are your favourites....

for me monaco (dry) singapore (wet)

f1ferrari
10-07-2010, 11:33 AM
So far Hate china, Love Monaco

oP-x-Redbull
10-07-2010, 09:53 PM
MY least favorite track is Monaco circuit, it's too narrow to overtake. And i hate the chicane right after the tunnel en the last bend before the finishline, i can't make a single lap without touching the wall

LFC2K6
10-07-2010, 10:56 PM
MY least favorite track is Monaco circuit, it's too narrow to overtake. And i hate the chicane right after the tunnel en the last bend before the finishline, i can't make a single lap without touching the wall

That chicane is where you're supposed to outbrake and overtake.
I love monaco now I've gotten used to it, it really tests your concentration and skill every lap. Though it's very much a circuit you have to qualify in the first 2 rows to do well in.

Diggerdoe
10-08-2010, 03:40 AM
Well, having completed one season i can say the following tracks are a bitch for me.

Singapore,
nightmare esp in the wet, impossible to complete a single lap without giving love to any or all of the barriers... I hate it.. 10/10

Monte Carlo,
almost as bad as Singapore but at least the corners flow a little better, but again always wrecking my front wing or getting a penalty esp and swimming pool corner arrgghhh :uzi: 8/10

Abu Dabi,
Not bad track but the sun glare really makes the braking point a challenge to hit it right every time esp when under pressure from the AI on the later stages of a 16 lap event.. 6/10

South Korea,
good track, but the kerbs are a BITCH!!! one slight touch and end up spinning like a bottle at a swingers party..:woop: 5/10

Favorite track, is
Spa and Monza..

Jammie667
10-09-2010, 06:08 AM
Catalunya is my least favourite track. Think i qualified 14th, but because ALL the AI drivers were suddenly lapping loads faster than they did in Quali I ended up holding up a massive line of traffic and when I pitted from 9th I ended up dead last. No pit lane bug either.:uzi:

xLMx1994
10-09-2010, 06:27 AM
Well, having completed one season i can say the following tracks are a bitch for me.

Singapore,
nightmare esp in the wet, impossible to complete a single lap without giving love to any or all of the barriers... I hate it.. 10/10

Monte Carlo,
almost as bad as Singapore but at least the corners flow a little better, but again always wrecking my front wing or getting a penalty esp and swimming pool corner arrgghhh :uzi: 8/10

Abu Dabi,
Not bad track but the sun glare really makes the braking point a challenge to hit it right every time esp when under pressure from the AI on the later stages of a 16 lap event.. 6/10

South Korea,
good track, but the kerbs are a BITCH!!! one slight touch and end up spinning like a bottle at a swingers party..:woop: 5/10

Favorite track, is
Spa and Monza..

loads of people hate singapore and i dont know why. i prefer it to monaco and i love it in the wet. i go so much quicker round there in the wet in comparison to AI and other players than i do in the dry. i think its a brilliant track

barnistuta
10-16-2010, 10:39 PM
Catalunya is a total dog, i don't think I have won a race there in any f1 game ever. Not a fan of silverstone either, and Hockenheim is dire. That stupid right hander into the stadium section is a corner which I just cannot get right

snik
10-16-2010, 11:09 PM
Monaco! Wasn't hard in GT4!

goofyvillain
10-17-2010, 02:40 PM
I gotta say that in my first season, I disliked Monte Carlo. Actually didn't finish that race as I kept crashing, and ending up getting the DNF. Second season though, and still with Lotus, I took more care and time round the track, and felt more confident as the race went on, even getting up to 10th.

Would possibly have to say Catalunya is my least favourite, I just seem to struggle them for some weird reason. No doubt as the career mode goes on, and I move up to a better team the Lotus, I'll do better and come to like this track. For now though, it's driving me bonkers!!

o H i T M a N z
10-17-2010, 04:07 PM
Now i have completed the whole season i can safely say Singapore is the most awful track of them all, doesnt flow at all, the whole thing consists of 7th gear 200 mph straights down to a 1st gear 50 mph f*ck*d up turn.

Monte Carlo ... WoW ... Simply Brillaint

xLMx1994
10-17-2010, 07:52 PM
Now i have completed the whole season i can safely say Singapore is the most awful track of them all, doesnt flow at all, the whole thing consists of 7th gear 200 mph straights down to a 1st gear 50 mph f*ck*d up turn.

Monte Carlo ... WoW ... Simply Brillaint

i feel the opposite. i love singapore it is one of my favourite tracks of all time, where as monaco, i like but dont love. i just find it to tight. its really hard to overtake unless you do it in the pits, and with the pit lane bugs atm, it makes it even harder. i have found one spot where im capable of overtaking though, and now am enjoying the track more, although im still not keen on it. my least favourite track though is the one in hungary. there is no real overtaking spot unless you have extra speed on the straight, but to get that speed you have to sacrifice downforce in the rest of the track, and then you cant overtake on the straight as you are not close enough. you either have to be a demon on the brakes, get an incredible drive out of a corner, or hope someone makes a mistake to overtake.

pined5551
10-17-2010, 08:38 PM
i feel the opposite. i love singapore it is one of my favourite tracks of all time, where as monaco, i like but dont love. i just find it to tight. its really hard to overtake unless you do it in the pits, and with the pit lane bugs atm, it makes it even harder. i have found one spot where im capable of overtaking though, and now am enjoying the track more, although im still not keen on it. my least favourite track though is the one in hungary. there is no real overtaking spot unless you have extra speed on the straight, but to get that speed you have to sacrifice downforce in the rest of the track, and then you cant overtake on the straight as you are not close enough. you either have to be a demon on the brakes, get an incredible drive out of a corner, or hope someone makes a mistake to overtake.

Fully agree, Singapore is fantastic and flows perfectly in my opinion. Hungary is also my least favourite track. Just can't keep enough speed through the 2nd sector. The only real overtake spot is at the end of sector 1, the AI slow down after corner 2, through corner 3. I take it flat out and if im close enough can just overtake someone. But mostly my results here are influenced by Qualifying.

Silverstone I detest now, I'm used to the old track of Silverstone and since they revamped it, the new turns just became my New Nightmare.

I also preffered the old version, but i am pretty good on the new also.

x13radx
10-17-2010, 08:41 PM
I don't really have a track I absolutely hate, however I find Korea, Istanbul and Hungary to be my least favourite of them all.

xLMx1994
10-17-2010, 08:45 PM
Fully agree, Singapore is fantastic and flows perfectly in my opinion. Hungary is also my least favourite track. Just can't keep enough speed through the 2nd sector. The only real overtake spot is at the end of sector 1, the AI slow down after corner 2, through corner 3. I take it flat out and if im close enough can just overtake someone. But mostly my results here are influenced by Qualifying.

yh my results at hungary are often influenced by qualifying and how well my pit stop goes.

snik
10-18-2010, 06:24 AM
I'm changing my answer to Catalunya, that last section is an absolute nightmare.

xPSW
10-18-2010, 02:15 PM
i loved mainly the canadian grand prix i flew through there with ease, got pole and finished 4th after getting taken out by a backmarker badtimes, but catalunya in the rain was a b*tch.

amacteur
10-18-2010, 02:37 PM

I second that... If anybody has a tip to pass the U Turn without broking the car :confused:

Matt x360a
10-19-2010, 12:05 AM
love montreal the most, ranked 200 and summin in time trial, but without a doubt, the new silverstone layout is the shittest

o H i T M a N z
10-19-2010, 04:54 PM
I second that... If anybody has a tip to pass the U Turn without broking the car :confused:

Isnt it kind of obvious ... BRAKE ...

Stick to the right hand side, slow down A LOT, turn in early but without cutting the apex.

Yndraman
10-20-2010, 07:48 AM
Mine would be Melbourne. Having grown up with the old Adelaide track which is now used for V8 Supercars I just find Melbourne to be dull and boring.

defiant4eva
10-20-2010, 12:57 PM
My top 5 hatful tracks are from most hatful, to still hatful, but can suffer through are.
1. Catalunya
2. Monte carlo
3. Sao paulo
4. Abu dhabi
5. Silverstone, I know am Brittish and should love it, but that circuit is a bitch. It should be easy as it has 90% fast corners and wide track, but I just can't seem to get it right.

pined5551
10-20-2010, 05:18 PM
Mine would be Melbourne. Having grown up with the old Adelaide track which is now used for V8 Supercars I just find Melbourne to be dull and boring.

YOU'RE DULL AND BORING :p Melbourne is probably the best circuit!

xLMx1994
10-20-2010, 05:33 PM
My top 5 hatful tracks are from most hatful, to still hatful, but can suffer through are.
1. Catalunya
2. Monte carlo
3. Sao paulo
4. Abu dhabi
5. Silverstone, I know am Brittish and should love it, but that circuit is a bitch. It should be easy as it has 90% fast corners and wide track, but I just can't seem to get it right.

catalunya is a good track, sao paulo and abu dhaibi are amazing! i agree about silverstone though. im good around it but it is such a boring track and the new part makes it even worse. its has allways been one of my host hated tracks. there are MUCH better british tracks they could go to if they had the money bernie wants. brands hatch (the best track in the world but no game other than nfs shift has it:mad:), donnington, and one that i dont think will ever get it but it would be awesome, oulton park. silverstone is one of the worst tracks in the uk

pined5551
10-20-2010, 07:33 PM
Catalunya is a great circuit, but i think the reason people hate it so much is because the AI are simply too quick there :(

xLMx1994
10-20-2010, 07:37 PM
Catalunya is a great circuit, but i think the reason people hate it so much is because the AI are simply too quick there :(

yh i love the track but it annoys me how quick the AI takes some of the corners. still is one of the tracks i really look forward to in the season. managed to get a 4th in my mclaren on expert (custom settings). thats the best i have got so far though

pined5551
10-20-2010, 08:06 PM
yh i love the track but it annoys me how quick the AI takes some of the corners. still is one of the tracks i really look forward to in the season. managed to get a 4th in my mclaren on expert (custom settings). thats the best i have got so far though

Im doing my career on Expert for the achievement (not custom settings), and had 2 wins and 2 2nd places before Catalunya, then an 11th (annoying cos 2 cars didnt pit, 1 didnt in China too, otherwise id have won there). DNF's in Monaco too. Hoping to pick things up now, those two races i never do well at when the difficulty is whacked up, lol.

flashbangandy
10-21-2010, 07:46 AM
Raced Barcelona last night and wasn't looking forward to it after reading all of this. Through practise I was a bit confused, I really enjoyed the track. Then came the qualifiers. I couldn't get anything better than 21st until the last lap and got up to 16th, there is no way I could have gone faster. Got up to 10th in the race, pitted and came out in 21st, got back up to 18th, spun on the last bend and finished 20th. Only got 20th because 2 drivers didn't finish.

goofyvillain
10-21-2010, 12:13 PM
Would possibly have to say Catalunya is my least favourite, I just seem to struggle them for some weird reason. No doubt as the career mode goes on, and I move up to a better team the Lotus, I'll do better and come to like this track. For now though, it's driving me bonkers!!

Well, moved up from Lotus to McLaren and have raced Catalunya in the Career mode, and must say, I can race this track a lot better then I used to and have got used to it now. Guess it was down to the car that I wasn't doing well on the track, but that's to be expected when you are in a weaker car. :)

Steve635z
10-21-2010, 12:32 PM
catalunya is a good track, sao paulo and abu dhaibi are amazing! i agree about silverstone though. im good around it but it is such a boring track and the new part makes it even worse. its has allways been one of my host hated tracks. there are MUCH better british tracks they could go to if they had the money bernie wants. brands hatch (the best track in the world but no game other than nfs shift has it:mad:), donnington, and one that i dont think will ever get it but it would be awesome, oulton park. silverstone is one of the worst tracks in the uk

Race pro had brands hatch in it

xLMx1994
10-21-2010, 02:08 PM
Race pro had brands hatch in it

oh yh forgot about that, but i dont like either of them games. i hope shift 2 is better and it still has brands

Parkerktm
10-22-2010, 09:46 AM
It's got to be MONZA, hands down. The curbs on that circuit are miserable.

BewareOfBadgers
10-22-2010, 09:09 PM
Gotta be Catalunya for me, can never seem to record a decent lap there :/

sumodogs
10-23-2010, 07:39 AM
my least favourite is Abu Dhabi purely because of the sun glare makes it hard for me to get the corners right

defiant4eva
10-23-2010, 03:18 PM
my least favourite is Abu Dhabi purely because of the sun glare makes it hard for me to get the corners right

The sun glare is very annoying, but I have learned to brake about halfway down the kerb/white and red coned area on the right, too about 100 kph and drop to 2nd gear and turn hard about a cars length after the kerb/white and red area on the right. Your car should ride about half of corner(11) your exit of the cornor(11) should line up to ride corner(12) and corner(13) the same as (11) however after (13) you want to gear up to 3rd and accelerate to 140 kph, then brake to 110 kph for corner (14) but remain in 3rd.

Your car setup will determin how much of the corner you can ride, without destabilizing the car. As the track has only 3 real fast corners 8,9 and 10 you can run a low down force, so you can lift the ride high a little and use softer springs and be more aggressive with the kerbs and corners.

hope this helps

Off topic slightly, but has anyone looked at the USA, texas circuit due in 2012. It looks like quite a tricky track. Have a look if you ain't seen it yet.

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2010/9/11198.html

Darf Spud
10-24-2010, 07:42 PM
Monaco and Singapore. Don't see why street races have to be in F1.

defiant4eva
10-24-2010, 11:15 PM
Monaco and Singapore. Don't see why street races have to be in F1.

The drivers love street racing, as it brings an extra challenge and excitment to the race. Webber said this year that doing 60 laps on an open track can be boring, because if you make a mistake. The runoff areas save you most of the time, but a track like Monaco will chew you up and spit you out. So you need to be concentrating 100% all the time.

Yndraman
10-26-2010, 05:24 AM
YOU'RE DULL AND BORING :p Melbourne is probably the best circuit!

No just bitter lol. I want my Grand Prix back damnit

thesilencer1987
10-27-2010, 01:59 PM
Has to be Singapore or Monte Carlo

Ix CHARLIE xI
10-27-2010, 03:40 PM
Korea because I don't know alot about the track, i also dislike Abu dhabi, it is just boring

chr!s
10-27-2010, 10:21 PM
Catalunya, not because of the final sector but because it's hard to keep up with the back-markers on harder difficulties throughout the whole track.

Qualified 6th with legend AI on expert and the best that I can do is finish 11th in race when I have got 1sts in the previous races with no problems.

I'm just completely stuck on it.

Jcfc
10-28-2010, 10:42 AM
Haven't played many, but so far sector 2 of bahrain is absolutely killing me. Any tips?

MC B0B x360a
10-28-2010, 02:23 PM
Haven't played many, but so far sector 2 of bahrain is absolutely killing me. Any tips?

I have always been faster by going slower. When i got to a weak section of mine i would always push harder and be slower. I knew this technique was wrong but i kept doing it. I then became more patient and started "coasting" through the touch turns. Sometimes taking it easy upon entry of a turn will allow you to take that turn faster. dont start out a sector by going like a bat out of hell and then trying to slow down to do better. Start out slow in these sectors and then each lap try to step it up a bit.

Dusty2010
10-29-2010, 09:12 AM
So far my least favourite is Malaysia I haven't raced at Catalunya yet but that race is up next.

Furnace Inferno
10-30-2010, 12:51 AM
The A.I on Cataluyna on Expert is ridiculous. If i wasn't in the Lotus i might have a chance but when Trulli starts lapping 2 seconds fast than me it is complete crap, i enjoy the actual track though.

For me Monaco is one i hate because of the deceptive 1st corner, it looks fast but it is far from it. I've lost count of the number of times i've lost concentration for a split second and approached it at high speed like i would any other corner of the same angle only to hit the bloody bump on entry, lock the brakes and careen off into the barrier = gameover!

On a 23 lap race it is absolutely soul destroying.

spratta89
11-03-2010, 12:47 AM
mine has to be Monte Carlo as I always crash

MeMeyer
11-05-2010, 08:15 PM
The South Korea track. Always think im going just the right speed and they i meet the Gravel Trap or 1 time the Concrete Wall. Also Silverstone i do not like.

outlaw2448
11-08-2010, 06:22 AM
Mine was Catalunya, for the same reason everyone else has come up with. Thought it was going to be a great race for me. Started 7th and in one lap got up into 2nd. I slipped up about the 5th lap and fell back to 8th, but then on the fast section going up hill Webber got loose and spun causing Hamilton and Alonso to crash into him and causing a huge wreck that I was lucky to get through.

Ended up racing that track in the rain kept spinning out and finally into a wall that destroyed my Virgin.

Racing at Monte Carlo right now. I have the pole, just have to find the time to be able to complete the full race.

pwn S4uc3
11-09-2010, 01:02 AM
I hate Monte Carlo. Although i did get pole in the rain i banged out on lap 16 last turn thanks to Webber. Thankfully it took him out also so no first place for him.

My Favorite so far is Montreal. I set the best times in all 3 practice sessions, ad the best times in Qualifying. Then Won the race by 58 secs.

i have to say i am enjoying the game. I like how its a challenge to win races let alone if you make one mistake you can ruin the entire race for yourself and team.

Paulfei
11-18-2010, 11:22 PM
Only 6 races in but Catalunya in the wet was a nightmare, corner 4 I think. Spun on 90% of my laps on that one corner.

Monaco in the dry was bad too, slightest contact with the wall and youre in trouble

tankoman
11-20-2010, 08:02 PM
I dont like Valencia and Catalunya, and i HATE the new silverstone, the track is just so wide..

GORQITO
12-02-2010, 06:03 AM
Just finished Catalyuna, and I hate it, but Monaco is so damn hard. But I can't hate on it because it provides a good challenge and it's such an amazing track despite the difficulty. But Catalunya was just... bleh. Kinda like Yeongam (sp?) the Korean track, which I also hate.

Gyllen Drage
12-03-2010, 01:01 AM
Singapore and Valencia, mostly Valencia, that track is horrid, nothing flows, and it is harder to overtake there than it is at Monaco :(

Wolfie99
12-06-2010, 10:53 AM
Singapore, Bahrain and Abu Dhabi are awful.

Monaco is OK, just requires a lot of concentration. But NOT for online...its just a crashfest.

Zombiel
12-07-2010, 05:22 AM

Agree 100%

OctagonQontrol
12-08-2010, 11:38 AM
Got a new one for me... Singapore... The pixel-detection is soooo worthless you can crash your car on at least 6 occasions randomly...

idirom
12-08-2010, 03:10 PM
Very tough track.
Not that it's tough track but it doesent have a flow.

Those new tracks from Tilke all look the same to me.

Long strait and a hairpin a chicane then two resonable fast corners back strait and the last corner is a k conrer always.

See for yourself you wil see

but tha game is great.

Chris666
12-08-2010, 06:34 PM
Monte Carlo!

Wayne Brooks 28
12-19-2010, 09:49 AM
catalunya and monaco, ridiculous!!!

Ant695
12-19-2010, 07:11 PM
For me its singapore and suzuka. Those to are my biggest problems.

sosweeet
12-20-2010, 03:22 AM
Finally won Pole and won the race in Monaco. This is a very frustrating track, lol.

Thracian
12-22-2010, 03:22 PM
Barcelona but only for that last chicane which I can never do properly, Monaco for the whole track, I'm too slow but the second I push more I crash.

Syvret
12-23-2010, 06:52 PM
That has to be Maylasia, i just think its boring and too simpe

GreyFoxJ
12-29-2010, 04:38 PM
Monte Carlo is tough, but Singapore is far worse! Street races just aren't wide enough to race let alone overtake.

Dale Norris
01-07-2011, 12:04 PM
has 2 be monza its like bumper cars at the start

OldWIKI TIK
01-08-2011, 04:07 AM
As with many people, I have to say Catalunya. Only because I still have not found a setup that lets me keep pace with anyone. I do much better on it in multiplayer, only because I think quite a few people have the same problems.

Extreme Washing Machine
01-09-2011, 06:19 PM
Surprised not many people are complaining about Valencia. It seems so dull and the two corners leading and exiting the bridge are horribly misleading. Singapouring rain is not much fun either.

Matt16594
01-10-2011, 01:33 AM
My least favourite track was abu dhabi because it is dark in the first sector and therefore i crash alot but the most challenging track has to be monte carlo

GameShad0w
01-10-2011, 09:40 PM
singapore and monaco both joined worst tbh i hate races with no breathing room so i know im safe if i crash.

Revelo
01-17-2011, 01:28 AM
Although I've not raced on all the tracks yet China is proving to be a right pain for me. In the Lotus I can easily blitz the 1st and 3rd sectors with purple times, yet the 2nd sector I seem to lose between 1 and 2 seconds a lap. I was lucky to scrape 14th in qualifying, racing it tomorrow and I expect to struggle.

Melbourne is annoying as I always seem to cut the corners, then again it is a fast, flowing track and requires you to get youe entry and exit spot on. But as I am quite fond of that track I tend to let it slide. I'm dreading racing at Barcalona though judging by the comments on here, then again the only good races I've ever seen at that track were in 1991 and 1996.

nevermindaboutme
01-26-2011, 10:47 AM
Catalunya is mad, however Monaco I hate the most, I have to have the break aid on =/

Dale Norris
02-18-2011, 07:08 PM
catalunya the ai r rediculously fast

Extreme Washing Machine
02-21-2011, 12:58 AM
Korea, Cant stand it :P

Schweinebub
02-27-2011, 11:45 PM
Singapore or Monaco, both make it way too easy to spin out or just hit a wall.

Strangely I enjoy both circuits greatly on TV. ;)

[Ku-Ga] MasonCooper42
02-28-2011, 02:06 PM
worst track is spain, catalunya, at the start with full fuel tanks, the ai is just so much quicker than you. monaco, pain in the ass.

Best track by far, Montreal Canada. fast, first ever lap there in this game, 1:18.something, which is in the top ten thousand in the world, done a 1:15 i think since, it is the easiest track to go quick on from the get go.

Hungary is pretty good as well.

Spa is awesome, singapore for me in multiplayer is alright.

valencia when im concentrating is pretty good.

australia is awesome.

silvershadow456
02-28-2011, 02:16 PM
Monaco is a tough one for me, can never really get a fast lap without hitting the wall!

PAUL WEALL
02-28-2011, 03:22 PM
Marina Bay! Im not a big fan of this track and find it fairly tough. I still win everytime but needs more focus as you can spin easy with a clip of the curb.

ashsimms99
02-28-2011, 08:02 PM
Catalunya by a mile. Firstly because the AI suddenly become absolutely amazing and secondly, that chicane at the end. What was wrong with that hill that allowed you to fly up the straight at litterally full speed.:mad:

stevebaker28
03-02-2011, 12:53 PM
I love Catalunya! but have you ever tried tailing an opponent through that chicane?? They launch straight over the top of those rumble strips without a twitch, when I try it it just washes out on me. I can still post a quick-ish time though. Its mostly flat out anyway. Monaco is awesome though. I can post in the mid 1 18's while my tires are at the sweet spot. Since I got my wheel I don't have a least favourite track to be honest...

pdean52
03-04-2011, 02:45 PM
Since I got my wheel I don't have a least favourite track to be honest...

Jealous........!!! :mad:

Kirsty Jo 25
04-03-2011, 04:17 PM
monza no 1 seems 2 brake at first corner

Nostromo1976
04-06-2011, 01:07 PM
Singapore and Monaco for me, no matter how hard I try I always finish last even using all 4 flashbacks. Monaco especially, I just cant avoid losing my front wing. I can win on other tracks but these two are so frustrating for me. Any more tips?? Would be greatly appreciated.

V1oL3NT Sn1PEzZ
04-24-2011, 09:26 AM
monaco for sure, i like wide tracks so i have lots of overtaking oppurtunies but this has very few.

Extreme Washing Machine
04-29-2011, 11:34 PM
The secret to the catalunya chicane is to cut the corner. It dosent give you a warning and it dosent throw you off the track. (by cutting I mean left of the kerb, not on the grass lol)

RickyD31
05-30-2011, 02:58 PM
Singapore and Monaco for me, no matter how hard I try I always finish last even using all 4 flashbacks. Monaco especially, I just cant avoid losing my front wing. I can win on other tracks but these two are so frustrating for me. Any more tips?? Would be greatly appreciated.
Also for me! especially Singapore, is my nightmare I can't do 2 achievements thanks to this track!:mad:

pined5551
05-30-2011, 05:38 PM
Also for me! especially Singapore, is my nightmare I can't do 2 achievements thanks to this track!:mad:

Which ones?

unimatrix101
05-30-2011, 08:29 PM
sstone for me for some reason cant stay on the track lol

Majica8
05-31-2011, 09:54 AM
Singapore and Monaco, I just don't like street circuits. I think just because they aren't as wide. Not that I run wide etc that often but when I do I like to just keep going rather than hit a wall and have to use a flashback.

Scholesy22
06-04-2011, 10:44 AM
Monaco and Catalunya for different reasons, Monaco is just a pain in the ass for overtaking and preventing car damage whilst on the Catalunya track the Ai seem too quick and I have a lot of trouble getting through that chicane at the end without spinning like I see many others on this thread have mentioned.

BrassBallz
06-14-2011, 08:26 PM
Though it is the most nostalgic track Monaco is, by far, the WORST. Singapore is right up there as well, at least in the Virgin. Now that I'm on Red Bull it's not as bad but it still sucks. The rest of the tracks are a breeze and a joy to race!

mott1993
06-14-2011, 08:50 PM
I love Monaco & Singapore :D

Hate Catalunya, China and Japan

keaneplay
06-30-2011, 06:01 PM
I really love Monaco but really hate Singapore. I just can't adapt to that track :/

ian333333
07-01-2011, 11:23 PM
it seems like most people only dislike barcelona cos the ai is so good there... the track [bar the shitty new chicane at the end] is one of the best on the calendar!!!

JoePlews09
08-14-2011, 09:11 PM
Can't stand Monte Carlo or Catalunya, but Monte is worse, all the 'invisible walls' when you near the barrier..... :/ anyone else get this?? (I play on Professional, and i out it down to amateur for monte carlo and still come last, thats how bad i am at it.....) :'(

Enzo1103
08-18-2011, 11:14 PM
Monaco or Catalunya.

Monaco in general, 'cause it's the only track I haven't pretty much got decent at yet, and Catalunya, 'cause of that bloody chicane at the end, I have to let the throttle go AND get nowhere near the bloody apex as I go round as I always manage to spin.

JPS94SOUTHCOMBE
08-22-2011, 04:31 PM
Mine is the Korean track, just don't like it as it don't have a nice flow, some corners seem quick but you get half way round then suddenly slow right down, and can never have a finish over 8th and on multiplayer everyone seems to use all assists and cant do anything on it cause I'm using nothing

KevinT84
08-23-2011, 09:26 AM
I always mess up on monaco i know the track but i can't get into a flowing rythm & end up crashing on turn 1 a few laps in :confused:

nejvetsiborec
08-26-2011, 06:22 AM
I hate Monza, retarded track, I cant normally race there. The track is easy, but I simply hate it. Also Catalunya, I always spin in the chicane.

Monte Carlo is pretty good I think, I won it on Expert without any problems. You have to learn the track and be really cautious because of the glitches in some turns.

U5M4N 1807
09-04-2011, 03:53 PM
i hate monaco

U5M4N 1807
09-04-2011, 03:54 PM
i hate singapore

U5M4N 1807
09-04-2011, 03:55 PM
i hate silverstone

U5M4N 1807
09-04-2011, 03:55 PM
i hate suzuka

JohnnyBravo
09-18-2011, 12:45 AM
japan sucks

strong360
09-24-2011, 08:00 AM
Monaco mainly because I am terrible around it. Too paranoid about losing a wing and then I am slow.

Spain drives me nuts. Always a slow 2nd sector - I just can't figure out the right lines.

Ledbetter_za
12-02-2011, 08:41 AM
Korea, turn 1 is always a mess, especially on mp.

cloudee1989
03-13-2012, 10:20 PM
Bahrain... Way too long and boring

muavin
04-07-2012, 04:27 AM
I see people "hate" tracks that are challenging for them haha.

From what I can tell, I don't really "hate" any tracks but there are a few I find annoying and those are Silverstone (Maggotts/Becketts.. a dual killer haha) and Monaco and Singapore..

BUT.. I find that ALL tracks are REWARDING and that takes away any "hate" I might've felt for it. Silverstone is a perfect example. Once you get a handle of a track, none are really awful. It just takes practice and you need to really get to know a circuit.. then it flows.. It becomes enjoyable even.

Except Bahrain.. a boring track, for me at least. In game and in real life. Protests and everything is a sign to get out of there.