PDA

View Full Version : Need serious help, guys?

Dom3010
09-25-2010, 06:05 PM
i'm usually quite decent with racing games and making no mistakes on this one in qualifying yet i can never get pole position or finish 1st
i haven't changed any settings, can anyone help?
much appreciated in advance
all tips would be great :)

xLMx1994
09-25-2010, 06:07 PM
i'm usually quite decent with racing games and making no mistakes on this one in qualifying yet i can never get pole position or finish 1st
i haven't changed any settings, can anyone help?
much appreciated in advance
all tips would be great :)

if your in career then its becuase your likely to be in one of the slowest cars, that cant compete at the front unless on a low difficulty, or an imense amount of driving talent. just try to achieve the objectives set by your team and then you should end up getting a decent car the next season.

Dom3010
09-25-2010, 06:12 PM
i'm really confused though because some of my friends that have the game too and are just starting the game (surely in shite cars too) have finished pole and won too....
i've only finished 3 gp's so far, twice i've finished 7th and once 3rd
i'm not sure what's up :/
i'm even playing on easy to begin with... even this isn't working

the glutton
09-25-2010, 06:20 PM
whats so confusing???????? each racing team as different cars, some are better the others. Your friends probably picked a team with a good car while you picked a crappy team with a crappy car. I picked Lotus and was able to come in pole on qualifing and won the race without any issues.

Also, maybe your friends played around with the car setup such as brake pressure and what not. I spent about an hour to an hour and 30 min messing around with my car set up to make sure it was just right and low and behold, I won the season in 1st place in EVERY RACE

DeafSunchaser
09-25-2010, 07:58 PM
make sure u have the difficullty set to medium its easier than easy! and make sure u have brake assits OFF i had same probs as you till i switched and now i win every race except singapore

dreamweaver1984
09-26-2010, 08:52 AM
why is a higher diff easier? i havent found that to be true. but i can win at any difficulty

Y4n
09-26-2010, 09:50 AM
This is how i do to get pole position and finish first ( 10 races so far)

- enter qualifying session do one or two laps to learn the track
- back to garage, accelerate time till the 1st time stop changing (~10 minutes left)
- choose tires depending of weather and quick setups the car
- beat the 1st time after 2 laps

Then its just concentration and if you miss a corner during the race use rewind option.

btw i play on easy with driving assists turned off execpt the line on the track to know where to break.

hope it helps ;)

matickocx
09-26-2010, 11:27 AM
hmm, there is no point winnig in lotus in first season i am playing with custom traction control full and gear automatic, ai skill legend, won 1 race and was third in melbourne, then abs off and racing line off, then 7 on shangai.

gouldie25
09-26-2010, 02:18 PM
I am in lotus in 1st season and done 11 races and been on pole for 10 of them and won 10, and 3rd in the other. Set difficulty to medium turn brake assist off and just hook up every corner and you should get pole no problem.

Adasi
09-26-2010, 03:01 PM
how is that rewarding? if you're bragging that you're getting pole/wins in a lotus in your first season, you're clearly playing on a difficulty thats not worth bragging about! fair do's if you can win in a lotus with no assists on legendary...in career mode....but i'd doubt that?

BadMotivatoR
09-26-2010, 04:24 PM
I've been playing all this weekend in career with the lotus. Ive raced 7 races. All them races I have adjusted everything I could possibly think off. AI to Assist and still I come up almost last every race.. I dont know what Im doing wrong. Sad thing is I race alot of games but ive never had such a issue untill this game.
I been reading about peoples settings on the f1 2010 forums and here and I cant find anything to work for me.
I must just plain suck lol

Shelton
09-26-2010, 04:49 PM
I've been playing all this weekend in career with the lotus. Ive raced 7 races. All them races I have adjusted everything I could possibly think off. AI to Assist and still I come up almost last every race.. I dont know what Im doing wrong. Sad thing is I race alot of games but ive never had such a issue untill this game.
I been reading about peoples settings on the f1 2010 forums and here and I cant find anything to work for me.
I must just plain suck lol

You are not supposed to win in a Lotus, unless playing on easy. They do not have the power to match the top teams. Your objectives will reflect this. Keep at it, you'll eventually get offers to better teams, or receive upgrades that will improve your car and make you more competitive.

gouldie25
09-26-2010, 05:21 PM
You are not supposed to win in a Lotus, unless playing on easy. They do not have the power to match the top teams. Your objectives will reflect this. Keep at it, you'll eventually get offers to better teams, or receive upgrades that will improve your car and make you more competitive.

I am playing on medium for 1st season and evidently they can keep up with the top teams with changing the car settings. Which I agree is nothing like real life & a let down for the game in my eyes but hey if it gets the achievments done quicker who cares!

Dragon86
09-26-2010, 07:41 PM
I am playing on medium for 1st season and evidently they can keep up with the top teams with changing the car settings. Which I agree is nothing like real life & a let down for the game in my eyes but hey if it gets the achievments done quicker who cares!

I've done 15 races so far and all I've been able to muster is two pole and two wins (Monza and Hockinheim) in Virgin. Of course I've had a few upgrades since the season started. (or I've actually learned how to drive these things with a controller)

TheNarrator23
09-26-2010, 08:50 PM
wait until turkey and canada. In Turkey I got pole with a Virgin-Cosworth and won. In Canada I was 5th on the grid and overtook nr 4 and 3 in the first turn. 2 laps later nr 2, and because of my pitstop strategy nr 1