PDA

View Full Version : R&D Test Achievement

abspur
09-25-2010, 11:16 PM
I seem to be having continuous problems with this achievement, I have completed the r&d objective in all three practice sessions twice (in Australia and Malaysia) but no achievement.

Am I missing something or it is a bug??

susquatch7772
09-25-2010, 11:22 PM
Worked for me.

KPD7424
09-25-2010, 11:25 PM
Worked for me as well on my first attempt.

LeMansFahrer
09-25-2010, 11:29 PM
You have to beat a certain time in one lap, once you done that the required time goes green. Sometimes you need to drive 2 laps before it turns green. Once you got that you can leave the training session and go to the next one. The achievement unlocks after the race. I never had any problems with it, got it on my first try. Hope it helps

Shelder
09-26-2010, 12:04 AM
Mine unlocked right when I crossed the line under the time required.

abspur
09-26-2010, 12:20 AM
Thanks for the quick responses, I guess that it will unlock eventually as I carry on through the season.

St Helens RLFC
09-26-2010, 10:24 AM
i had the very same problem in the 1st or 2nd race, would NOT give it me for some reason :S

ive unlocked it now further into the career tho

lenny m
09-28-2010, 07:34 PM
should have unlocked. did you check accept?

DAYTONAMIKE
09-28-2010, 07:39 PM
should have unlocked. did you check accept?
yeah you have to click R&D Objective and then Accept and then the tyres are bolted on and your car enters the track

FATCRAZYDUDE
09-28-2010, 07:41 PM
it should unlock if you beat it,i got mine on the first timed lap in malaysia where i got my first rad objective and it unlocked straight away :Bounce:

DeafSunchaser
09-28-2010, 08:10 PM
unlocked straight away 1st tome.. sum chevos are buggy

JinjaNinja1983
09-28-2010, 11:23 PM
i did the r&d challenge, beat the lap time. it turned green, then i returned to garge. no upgrade or achievement :confused: am i doing something wrong?

SneakyofSneaks
09-29-2010, 08:11 AM
You have to complete it in the 3 sessions, not just in 1 session.

WoH Jabba81
09-29-2010, 09:12 AM
dosenīt work for me too at the moment....

SneakyofSneaks
09-29-2010, 09:16 AM
Yeah I kept on failing it but as I said the R&D takes place in all 3 practise sessions so you need to beat the time in all 3 practise sessions for it to work

OctagonQontrol
09-29-2010, 09:28 AM
?

I got the cheevo in a single practise since I did a weekend on Medium Diff.

abspur
09-29-2010, 09:43 AM
Something is definitely wrong with my game as I have now tried the R&D objectives in all 3 practice sessions at Shanghai and still nothing.

I have driven in and out of the pits and not returned to the paddock in between practice sessions.

Also, the Practice Makes Perfect achievement is also not unlocking :confused:

Flyzer007
09-29-2010, 10:14 AM
When your engineer says that there is a performance or R&D test available, the achievement is not done by simply exit the pit and race. Enter the engineer menu and then press the R&D objectives.. in this window you need to accept the task and then you'll be released on the track to beat the time. In general, it should unlock after the first valid lap - of course if you have beaten the expected time.

As for the Practice makes Perfect achievement you need one valid lap per session. So just get one valid lap in T1, then skip to T2 and set a valid lap and then skip to T3 and set there a valid lap and skip to Qualifying. The achievement should pop up, worked for me exactly that way

abspur
09-29-2010, 12:41 PM
When your engineer says that there is a performance or R&D test available, the achievement is not done by simply exit the pit and race. Enter the engineer menu and then press the R&D objectives.. in this window you need to accept the task and then you'll be released on the track to beat the time. In general, it should unlock after the first valid lap - of course if you have beaten the expected time.

As for the Practice makes Perfect achievement you need one valid lap per session. So just get one valid lap in T1, then skip to T2 and set a valid lap and then skip to T3 and set there a valid lap and skip to Qualifying. The achievement should pop up, worked for me exactly that way

I have done exactly that, the target time for the R&D objective has gone green meaning that I have passed it but no achievement.

For Practice Makes Perfect, can you still get it even if you commit a penalty like corner cutting? (not on the flying lap but on subsequent laps)

El Nino 808
10-03-2010, 10:58 AM
Im on my 5th race now in season mode and I dont see the R & D objective all I see is the R & D screen at the front of the car nothing whatsoever in the Engineer part only retire to paddock, quick car setup and go to track..

Am I looking in the wrong place?

Also my engineer has said nothing about the tests.

LFC2K6
10-03-2010, 11:30 AM
Im on my 5th race now in season mode and I dont see the R & D objective all I see is the R & D screen at the front of the car nothing whatsoever in the Engineer part only retire to paddock, quick car setup and go to track..

Do you participate in all 3 practice sessions? Because that's where you get the R&D objectives.

El Nino 808
10-03-2010, 11:55 AM
Yeah I do the long weekend every race and set a fast time but still nothing.

I look in the engineer part and nothing plus its not even been mentioned by the engineer at all im now on Monte Carlo about to start the practice.

Any ideas??

.................................................. .................................................. ...................................

Ok scrap that question I just looked under engineer at Monte Carlo and I finally have an R & D objective

Barad
10-03-2010, 12:18 PM
I completed mine in just one session and I got my achievement straight away..

vans
10-03-2010, 04:53 PM

The fifth race is cataluyna(sp)? if so i didn't have an objective there either. i had one the first 4, it skipped that weekend and is back now that i'm at monaco. Also on the weekend there wasn't one my engineer said they were testing new upgrades on my teamates car which may explain the lack of a challenge

ATP MAN
10-05-2010, 02:38 PM
It took me 4 attempts at both the R&D achievement as well as the Practice makes perfect one, It didn't seem to make sense why they weren't working but got them all in one go when it did eventually recognise the fact I had done what was necessary. Just keep trying http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif