PDA

View Full Version : MOTOR setup..egine map and limiter..

CPT MOONBEAM
09-26-2010, 12:01 AM
Guys im on my second race on easy in career and in the book and game it says you can tune it but when im in the pit I cant go on the map or nothing I can only choose between the 8 engines..HELP please?

f1ferrari
09-26-2010, 12:27 AM
until the team carries out the engine map R&D for which there are 2 upgrades from what I understand you cant tune your engine, only optimize the gears for each track.
The R&D is designated by the number 1 driver and depending on who your driving for will be depending on when it's going to come up. as a number 2 driver you will just have to wait for now.
I got cruise engine mapping on my second GP (I drive for lotus)but nothing for my 3rd or my first. just be patient it will come.

CPT MOONBEAM
09-26-2010, 01:51 AM
Just got the cruise mapping also...I didnt realy notice a diff..Is there any??LOL

f1ferrari
09-26-2010, 09:32 AM
I didn't notice a difference either lol, In fact I am not sure if this is yet another bug, because I set a fast time in Melbourne and noticed my mapping was on cruise, I could still set the same lap-time under standard. from what I understand cruise map would be to conserve fuel and engine wear after a fast lap.
I'm entering my fourth race and I have been assigned more R&D for engine mapping, let you know what the next one is like when I have it.

CPT MOONBEAM
09-27-2010, 01:59 AM
I got the FAST mapping..no diff then standard...LOL I make MY own setup save.. play. then out of nowhere my setup is gone for the next race..its stupid!

HardkorePrawn
09-27-2010, 10:05 AM
Your setups are saved per circuit. So if your setup was for a different track, you won't see it.

f1ferrari
09-27-2010, 10:08 AM
not had a problem with set-ups, lost my game save tho, so having to start again, annoying, but I'm getting better results due to better set-ups. my lotus is so quick.. nother bug is guess, a lotus should not travel that fast, ok it's not blindingly fast but i qualy in 9th barhain 6th in race and 13th in melbourne and going to do the race in a bit, was 15/9 last time out here.