PDA

View Full Version : Setup guide

dreamweaver1984
09-26-2010, 09:00 AM
edit: so i just found a site that has all sorts of setups and times available.. thus making my need to do this non existent.

http://www.racedepartment.com/f1-2010-setups/

Suki
09-26-2010, 11:52 AM
ok this is a great idea but i would like to see your lap times with these setups , i have only done sakir on time trial i acheived a 1:53 but with much more down force than your setup as there are only really 2 straight and many tights corners, i would question your ride heights as well as u seem to have 1 on all setups.

dreamweaver1984
09-26-2010, 12:28 PM
i have not done time trial, iv just been doing career mode and putting my setups in here, i cant really get a true fast lap in career cause you always have to deal with other cars.

as for ride hight, you can take turns better with lower ride hight, many of the tracks have alot of sharp turns. like i said these are mainly for winning races in career mode. i am not verifying super fast times in time trial.

TigaSefi
09-26-2010, 02:56 PM
i have not done time trial, iv just been doing career mode and putting my setups in here, i cant really get a true fast lap in career cause you always have to deal with other cars.

as for ride hight, you can take turns better with lower ride hight, many of the tracks have alot of sharp turns. like i said these are mainly for winning races in career mode. i am not verifying super fast times in time trial.

Sakhir works perfectly but Melbourne left me struggling on the corners. I gonna play with the downforce a bit more!!

hocks88
09-26-2010, 04:48 PM
This might sound silly, but looking at these set up's how do you do them? In the garage all i seem to be able to do is when I go to car set up, u just choose wet/dry etc and highest speeds and lowest downforce. Am I missing something?

Shelton
09-26-2010, 04:56 PM
This might sound silly, but looking at these set up's how do you do them? In the garage all i seem to be able to do is when I go to car set up, u just choose wet/dry etc and highest speeds and lowest downforce. Am I missing something?

Yes. On the screen in front of you, scroll all the way to the right. You can then change all these settings.

Fredy29
09-26-2010, 05:35 PM
The link doesnt even work, im rubbish at doing setups see, never have been good at them! I think im pretty decent at this game tbf, not trying to brag, but I would like to get some setups see if I can challenge these times on time trails otherwise I would have no chance, and I will need them also for when I attempt the game on Expert, trying to complete couple of seasons or so first so I can get a better team! any more links or setup tips would be nice, thanks!! :)

-WcG iFredy29

tally2425
09-27-2010, 06:55 AM
Good site!, Got my lap time down a few seconds!

TigaSefi
09-27-2010, 05:51 PM
Link doesn't work as I think they just had a hard ware error!!!

If anyone got Shanghai dry, could you re print it here ?

OctagonQontrol
09-27-2010, 07:06 PM

Aero:
-Front 3
-Rear 2

Brake:
- Balance 49% front
- Pressure 49
- Discs Small

Balance:
- 50% front
- Rollbars 11

Suspension:
- Height 1
- Stiffness 5

Gearbox:
(in kmph)
150/184/218/252/288/326/365

Engine:
- Map Fast
- Fuel Fixed

Alignment:
- Front -1.5
- Rear -3.5
- Front Toe 0.15
- Rear Toe 0.5

Not to offend anyone, but I mirrored the settings up until 5H ago... Please download this and mirror it somewhere.

http://rapidshare.com/files/421731536/F1.xlsx
For above file: the gearbox is in kmph unless there is an "m" which means miles and should be filled out linear from G1 to G7.

Fredy29
10-02-2010, 10:15 AM

Yeah, its working now, ill try these sometime, cheers!! :)

-WcG iFredy29

TigaSefi
10-04-2010, 05:02 PM
Anyone got a Spa wet ?