PDA

View Full Version : X360A Online Grand Prix

daenius
09-26-2010, 09:15 AM
Since there is an abundance of assholes when racing online, how about an X360A-exclusive online grand prix, with qualifying and at least 50% of the race distance?

That way us racing geeks can enjoy a GP together without quitters and haters.

The settings I have in mind are:

Race Settings:

- Session Scoring: Per Session
- Participation: Qualification and Race
- Race Distance: 50% / 75% / 100%
- Car Assignment: Random
- Weather Setting: Dynamic

Simulation Settings:

- Rules and Flags: Realistic
- Tyre Wear: On
- Fuel Load Sim: On
- Car Damage: Full
- Car Performance: Equal
- Collisions: Full

Assist Restrictions:

- None, All Assists Allowed

For organisation's sake, I'd say we do this next SAT (October 2nd) or SUN (October 3rd), around 14:00 GMT (2pm GMT), although I'm also fine with doing it in the evening, let's make this 19:00 GMT (7pm GMT).

I'm going to add a poll to this thread, so everybody that's interested can vote for his/her preferred track - the one with the most votes will be our track for the race.
Since there is a maximum of 10 poll options, I have reduced the tracks to the tracks favoured by most people in the "What is your favourite track?" thread as well as Suzuka and Hockenheim, since they're also two of the all-time greats.

If anybody is interested, please reply to this post and let me know if you prefer SAT or SUN, what time (14:00 GMT or 19:00 GMT) and don't forget to vote for the track. I'd love to get this going.

I'll add and update this list of participants as we go along:

1. daenius
2. Crazy BigGas
3. NUFC_Matty
4. will hughes (only SAT)
5. Minardi 05 (only SAT)
6. Bn86
7. pined5551 (only SAT)
8. Masterfuljk23
9. derektaylor84
10. 1942Medic
11. vapona88
12. Tweety Smith

daenius
09-26-2010, 11:32 AM
You've included Valencia... You're obviously not a big F1 fan.

Reading doesn't seem to be one of your strenghts:

"Since there is a maximum of 10 poll options, I have reduced the tracks to the tracks favoured by most people in the "What is your favourite track?" thread."Valencia was in said thread.

Crazy BigGaz
09-26-2010, 12:25 PM
Hi,

I would be up for this, as long as it not on Sunday during the day, evenings are fine with me.
As I have joined somewhere they are racing on Sunday at 3.45pm (UK Time) every week.

Assists I use at the moment are:
TC, ABS, Driving line in the corners, Auto for the other 3.

Is this going to be an on going thing or is it a one off race?

NUFC_Matty
09-26-2010, 01:54 PM
I'm up for doing it too, sounds like it would be really fun since normal people online seem to enjoy crashing into you more than racing. I can do it most evenings week day and usually on the weekends too.

Just Message when its going to be on. :)

daenius
09-26-2010, 02:23 PM
Is this going to be an on going thing or is it a one off race?

Well, if we can get 8-12 ppl. together for this GP and it works out well, we could consider making this a regular thing, sure.

Just Message when its going to be on. :)

Sure thing ;)

will hughes
09-26-2010, 04:45 PM
Well i'm down for the saturday 7:00pm gmt next week.

Minardi 05
09-26-2010, 07:25 PM
Im up for this :D can only make it on the saturday though as i have to work sundays :/

Bn86
09-26-2010, 07:56 PM
Im up for this. it would make a great change to have some hard but fair racing, and not have idiots who ram you off at the firt corner!

Would be great if it turned into a regular thing. Message me about further details, saturday and sundays are fine with me as im mostly free.

gt: bnplews

pined5551
09-26-2010, 08:15 PM
You've included Valencia... You're obviously not a big F1 fan.

Have you played the game? I'll agree, on TV Valencia is certainly not near the top of my favourite tracks list. On the game however its sublime. I love Valencia :p

I would like to put my name down for the saturday please. I cannot garuntee my availability but im 90% sure i can come, and would definitley be up for more races like this. I tried to set up races like this on Forza 2 years ago to no success :(

Also i reccon damage is not a good idea. We are all intending to race clean (I assume) but as any F1 fan knows, one tiny error can screw up a race and its just no fun if your out in the first corner.

daenius
09-26-2010, 08:30 PM
Also i reccon damage is not a good idea. We are all intending to race clean (I assume) but as any F1 fan knows, one tiny error can screw up a race and its just no fun if your out in the first corner.

I know, I've been thinking about this, too.

on the other hand, I think no damage kind of gives you a boost of overconfidence when trying to pass a car that you wouldn't have if damage was on - for instance hitting the brakes much later than you normally would.

it's a difficult decision...

pined5551
09-26-2010, 08:38 PM
I know, I've been thinking about this, too.

on the other hand, I think no damage kind of gives you a boost of overconfidence when trying to pass a car that you wouldn't have if damage was on - for instance hitting the brakes much later than you normally would.

it's a difficult decision...

We can try both and see whats more enjoyable. Another way to look at it is, if too many people wreck and there are only a few cars going around the circuit, it may as well be an offline time trial, especially if the skill variations are high and there's no competition being had.

Masterfuljk23
09-26-2010, 08:56 PM
count me in

Scholesy22
09-26-2010, 09:01 PM
I'm up for this, only time I can't do it is 2pm SAT, 7pm is fine though, sunday shouldn't be a problem neither.

Masterfuljk23
09-26-2010, 09:13 PM
anyone fancy a quick rae now add me

1942Medic
09-27-2010, 01:37 AM
Add me to the list, I can play anytime.

Gyllen Drage
09-27-2010, 02:19 AM
should be picking this up some time this week and would love to play, can only do sundays though due to work commitments :(

LFC2K6
09-27-2010, 05:42 AM
This definitely interests me, though in my drunkeness last night I may have agreed to going out this Saturday night :D
Count me in provisionally(I.E. I'm in for now, but get a reserve player handy) and I'll try my best to make it.
I've had this game since release day and not played it yet, been trying to grind out 1000g on Halo :(

I thoroughly expect to finish 12th, but as long as it's my own skill that puts me there instead of someone ramming me off the road I don't mind so much. I can't help any of the first corner madness though, but if I do unfairly bump you and overtake I'll gladly yield and give you the position back :)

Private message me on here, or message my Gamertag with any info/questions/details, I don't check these forums so much lately. Thanks :)

RQL
09-27-2010, 09:17 AM
I will participate when i can and when work allows me, i might not be able to this weekend but future sessions count me in :)

vapona88
09-27-2010, 12:08 PM
Count me in im on most of the time

GT- II Mr Dizzle II

TweetySmith
09-27-2010, 01:56 PM
I would be interested as long as no one quits. Hate quitters.

D FUSIONITE
09-27-2010, 02:06 PM
I would be interested as long as no one quits. Hate quitters.
You and me both, even if i am losing badly i never quit, if ya do quit how are you supposed to learn from your mistakes? I am up for this also if there is room, i would prefer saturday evening if poss but could do saturday afternoon or sunday at a push.

daenius
09-27-2010, 02:38 PM
Great, now that we have the 12 slots filled, let's get down to business:

GP will take place on Saturday, Oct 2nd at 19:00 GMT / 7pm EST, the track will be Melbourne, I'll be sending out friend requests to you guys, so I can invite you on Sat.

Two more things we have to discuss is:

1. Length - 50%, 75% or a full race.

2. Damage - full, half or off.

pined5551
09-27-2010, 03:05 PM
Well i think 50% race ditance should be ok for the time being, if people want more afterwards then we can always do another track :)

derektaylor84
09-27-2010, 07:13 PM
Can you put me down as a reserve,i would be able to play on Saturday or
Sunday evening 7pm-10pm.

gamertag: derektaylor84

LFC2K6
09-27-2010, 10:19 PM
Was I too late? I was sure I made it on time :(

dreamweaver1984
09-27-2010, 10:49 PM
id be interested in being a possible reserve too. just message me. i enjoy this game alot

Scholesy22
09-27-2010, 10:59 PM
replace me with the next person who asked please daenius, not gonna be able to do it this saturday sorry :( I'll be interested in any future races mind if this becomes a regular thing.

abspur
09-27-2010, 11:24 PM
I will around on both days and also interested in further events. My gamertag is abspur x360a.

daenius
09-28-2010, 04:11 AM
Was I too late? I was sure I made it on time :(

well, you said you might go out on Saturday, that's why I didn't put you on the list at first...

sorry, duder :(

replace me with the next person who asked please daenius, not gonna be able to do it this saturday sorry :( I'll be interested in any future races mind if this becomes a regular thing.

alrighty, no problem!

Can you put me down as a reserve,i would be able to play on Saturday or
Sunday evening 7pm-10pm.

since Scholesy can't make it and you were the first to ask, I have put you on the list for Saturday, 7pm :)

Minardi 05
09-28-2010, 05:24 PM
I personally think the 100% race distance would be better BUT not for the first race i.e. this one, i think the 50% race distance would be more suitable this weekend for the 'pilot' if you will, damage doesnt really bother me, half or full probably, not no damage, also with it being melbourne the major braking zones tend to have fair run off areas too, the only concern with the damage is the overtaking :confused:

OctagonQontrol
09-28-2010, 06:50 PM
Would be interested in joining; race-time in the weekends usually not a problem but this weekend comes at a very bad time for me :(

Ow well, will keep eye out for next time...

Fifty Two
09-28-2010, 08:11 PM
what time zone is gmt? what time is 7pm gmt in eastern time (usa) ?

OctagonQontrol
09-28-2010, 08:12 PM
what time zone is gmt? what time is 7pm gmt in eastern time (usa) ?
2PM EST (DST not applied)

Else check timeanddate.com and do the conversion for NY and London.

Fifty Two
09-28-2010, 08:25 PM
thank you! i remember now, i had some buddies i played motogp online with and they were in london. 5 hour difference i always had to remember

KPD7424
09-29-2010, 06:32 AM
I'm down if there is ever an opening so please add

Noddee 1984
09-29-2010, 03:31 PM
count me in if theres a space will be online saturday from 6:30 onwards and looking for a fair race.

GT= Noddee 1984

Rosicky_888
09-29-2010, 03:52 PM
I'd love to do this!!! Preferably Sunday but Saturday would also be fine.

daenius
09-29-2010, 04:09 PM
Alrighty, I've sent all you cats who are going to participate in the first racing session on Saturday a friend request!

As for all the others, if the GP on Saturday goes well, this thing could really take off and be a regular thing!

Love that there's so many ppl interested!

Noddee 1984
09-29-2010, 04:43 PM
well how about if the ones that arent in this one hav a race anyway say saturday aswell at 7pm. if ur up for it add me and i'll set it up. cud do sum sort of league if it works out????

elplicko
09-29-2010, 04:50 PM
definatley up for this will make a change to race with people who wanna race not ram you in the ass just to get round a corner

o H i T M a N z
09-29-2010, 05:11 PM
Im up for it if there is a space, i got 3 days off work Saturday, Sunday & Monday. Im already on your F/L daenius so just invite me :)

Crazy BigGaz
09-30-2010, 08:32 AM
Alrighty, I've sent all you cats who are going to participate in the first racing session on Saturday a friend request!

What time will it be Saturday?
What Track?

ril14ey
09-30-2010, 09:15 AM
Very interested in joining future events if not this one. Time difference is a bit of a problem for me being in Aus. Would be keen if there is any one in my region that would like to start something like this

daenius
09-30-2010, 06:47 PM
What time will it be Saturday?
What Track?

7pm GMT, track will be Melbourne.

I'm gonna send everybody a reminder later!

LFC2K6
10-01-2010, 10:05 AM
7pm GMT, track will be Melbourne.

I'm gonna send everybody a reminder later!

Can you count me in for this please?
My neck is really sore so I highly doubt I'll be out tomorrow(Saturday) as I'll need painkillers for it. :(

I understand if it's already full, but I'll take place as a reserve :)

Are we all in party chat for this by the way? I only ask as I'm not really up to speed on the driving side yet(a lot of spins!), so if I make an illegal move I'd like to know so I can yield!

daenius
10-01-2010, 10:18 AM
Can you count me in for this please?
My neck is really sore so I highly doubt I'll be out tomorrow(Saturday) as I'll need painkillers for it. :(

I understand if it's already full, but I'll take place as a reserve :)

Are we all in party chat for this by the way? I only ask as I'm not really up to speed on the driving side yet(a lot of spins!), so if I make an illegal move I'd like to know so I can yield!

sure thing man, I'll send you a FR and put you on reserve!

and yes, I think party chat would be the best.

LFC2K6
10-01-2010, 10:22 AM
sure thing man, I'll send you a FR and put you on reserve!

and yes, I think party chat would be the best.

Yeah, I'm not sure if this game has in game communication on it but better to be safe than sorry.
I'm still hoping it won't come to it, but after seeing my performance at Melbourne in single player I'm making no promises!

If this does prove a success some kind of X360a world championship could be born! But then again, that competitiveness is kind of what makes people ram each other in the first place.
Either way I look forward to the results! Any idea how long the full event will take to complete?

DarkWolf114
10-01-2010, 10:25 AM
I am interested in taking part in future events. Would be very good, if this takes off.

pined5551
10-01-2010, 10:32 AM
If this does prove a success some kind of X360a world championship could be born! But then again, that competitiveness is kind of what makes people ram each other in the first place.
Either way I look forward to the results! Any idea how long the full event will take to complete?

This would be awesome, but remember you cannot choose your car :(

LFC2K6
10-01-2010, 10:36 AM

I'm pretty sure online all cars performance are made equal so it would only really be the colour of the car that changes.

OctagonQontrol
10-01-2010, 10:37 AM
I am interested in taking part in future events. Would be very good, if this takes off.
Same...

Maybe we could eventually start twin or triple rooms; this way maybe have less cars on track and switch rooms from race to race to match racers according to speeds and skills maybe

Masterbelg
10-01-2010, 05:17 PM

I think all cars will be made equal, but even if not than the really good guys get the slower cars and the less good get the faster cars so the field is even closer.

Count me in for the next race, as I don't think I'll be able to make it this saterday (and because it's already full booked including 10+ reserves:p)

pined5551
10-01-2010, 05:51 PM
I'm pretty sure online all cars performance are made equal so it would only really be the colour of the car that changes.

Oh, i knew that, but i meant if there was an online Championship between 12 players then one race you'd be in a Vigin, another a Red Bull, then Sauber, Renault... etc. You wouldn't be able to simulate a team and team mate :(

Masterbelg
10-01-2010, 06:05 PM
I see what you mean. you could make teams of 2, or maybe the new teams versus the big teams (exactly 12 cars):)

daenius
10-02-2010, 08:08 AM
I see what you mean. you could make teams of 2, or maybe the new teams versus the big teams (exactly 12 cars):)

This sounds really good.

If the GP tonight proves a success, we could very well do a full championship, with a race per week.

Another idea I had was this:

1. 24 participants for a championship

For the first GP, we're doing 2 races, obviously on the same track.
We randomize the car selection, and the 2 people that are driving the same car in each race (e.g. Red Bull) are matched up as teammates for the championship.

From there on, we're doing 2 races each week, and the teammates matched up in race 1 select their cars for each GP following after that, so we have a full 24 person GP each week, and 2 people for each team.

Of course, we would have to create some sort of bracket that we're updating each week and sum up the results of both races.

On the other hand, it's a pretty big thing to set up, since not all of our 24 drivers would be able to do a race each week at a set date and time (mostly this will be weekends, obviously) - so maybe we could even think about people that want to race at this date and time simply sub in for the driver - so if I can't make it to GP number 3 and I'm driving a Red Bull, somebody that wants to race on this day subs in for me and drives my Red Bull.

Also, if we're really thinking about doing something this big, I'd absolutely like to have 2-3 other people acting as "admins" along with me, to split up the logistics.

But let's see how the race goes tonight.

See you lads then!

EDIT: Thinking about it, maybe we should just do a 6 race championship at first, each race set 2 weeks apart, and see how it goes!

pined5551
10-02-2010, 08:59 AM
This sounds really good.

If the GP tonight proves a success, we could very well do a full championship, with a race per week.

Another idea I had was this:

1. 24 participants for a championship

For the first GP, we're doing 2 races, obviously on the same track.
We randomize the car selection, and the 2 people that are driving the same car in each race (e.g. Red Bull) are matched up as teammates for the championship.

From there on, we're doing 2 races each week, and the teammates matched up in race 1 select their cars for each GP following after that, so we have a full 24 person GP each week, and 2 people for each team.

Of course, we would have to create some sort of bracket that we're updating each week and sum up the results of both races.

On the other hand, it's a pretty big thing to set up, since not all of our 24 drivers would be able to do a race each week at a set date and time (mostly this will be weekends, obviously) - so maybe we could even think about people that want to race at this date and time simply sub in for the driver - so if I can't make it to GP number 3 and I'm driving a Red Bull, somebody that wants to race on this day subs in for me and drives my Red Bull.

Also, if we're really thinking about doing something this big, I'd absolutely like to have 2-3 other people acting as "admins" along with me, to split up the logistics.

But let's see how the race goes tonight.

See you lads then!

EDIT: Thinking about it, maybe we should just do a 6 race championship at first, each race set 2 weeks apart, and see how it goes!

I'd be willing to help out setting this up, I can near enough garuntee availability each weekend (Us students have lots of time on our hands, lol :p) I like the idea about randomly selecting teams. I didn't know you could select specific cars for players to use. And yeah, a shorter championship would be a wise idea, and if its a success (ie, we are not always missing lots of players and it doesnt lag etc) we can do more.

Maybe in a 6 race season you could use the tracks

Melbourne
Istanbul
Montreal
Valencia
Spa
Korea or Abu Dhabi

I picked these tracks as they are not only the best (in my opinion) but they are all fairly wide circuits with a lot of overtaking zones (with the exception of maybe Montreal - I just love that track haha)

daenius
10-02-2010, 09:23 AM
(Us students have lots of time on our hands, lol :p)

Haha, tell me about it. Same over here at the university. Now that all the exams are over, it's another semester of procrastinating until the exams start again :D

I like the idea about randomly selecting teams. I didn't know you could select specific cars for players to use. And yeah, a shorter championship would be a wise idea, and if its a success (ie, we are not always missing lots of players and it doesnt lag etc) we can do more.

Maybe in a 6 race season you could use the tracks

Melbourne
Istanbul
Montreal
Valencia
Spa
Korea or Abu Dhabi

I picked these tracks as they are not only the best (in my opinion) but they are all fairly wide circuits with a lot of overtaking zones (with the exception of maybe Montreal - I just love that track haha)

that sounds good, it's probably the best idea to do a 5-6 race championship at first, yeah.

really psyched about this :)

and thanks for offering your help setting this up, I gladly accept any help that is offered :)

Bn86
10-02-2010, 06:02 PM
Hi,
sorry its a bit short notice, but im unable to make it for the race tonight, as some family thing has come suddenly up so im unavailable. sorry about this, someone else can take my place. hopefully i will be fully free for the next time (if there is going to be one) hope it goes well and have fun. let me know if its a success :)

THe Silent Assassin
10-02-2010, 07:12 PM
count me in

daenius
10-02-2010, 07:23 PM
just finished our very first x360a GP and it was great.

hard racing, but still fair; everybody looked out for each other.

I absolutely am in favour of doing this on a regular basis!

abspur
10-02-2010, 07:36 PM
Great race, thanks a lot. Would be interested if this become a regular event as it will be a enjoyable way to gain multiplayer exp.

pined5551
10-02-2010, 08:00 PM
Yeah, must say, this was a total success!! Had a lot of fun and am definitley up for races at the same time each week. Anyone who was in out game today feel free to add me to your friends list if you want.

o H i T M a N z
10-02-2010, 08:05 PM
Yh was a great race, i think i qualified 4th, got hit at the first corner (accidentally) and ended up last but i worked my way up to finish 4th. Definetly up for the next race, hopefully one gets organised soon :)

NUFC_Matty
10-02-2010, 08:18 PM
Was such a good race everyone was fair and good to chat to while racing, I am definitely up for another one.

FATCRAZYDUDE
10-02-2010, 08:38 PM
ill play if its an ongoing thing cos im on now

Masterbelg
10-02-2010, 09:07 PM
I'm glad it turns out to be such a success!
How did it work out between speeddifferences? I mean things like: differences between laptimes, was the first guy lapping the last one, etc.

LFC2K6
10-02-2010, 10:04 PM
Even though that was only my 2nd session on the game, I thoroughly enjoyed it all!
There was no ramming, people who were being lapped gladly gave way to those coming through. There was tough battle for the top 4 places from what I could hear.

There were a few bogus penalties in the race though and the first corner as always was eventful.
From how I saw it (Qualified 9th) there was a coming together and 2 of the cars span out (I think the renault came out worse) and everyone started swerving to avoid, as did I. I moved around the back of the renault and was thinking yes, good dodging! But then I was handed a drive through penalty for an "Illegal overtake" :(

My race was really all over then, but was made worse later, I came into the pits with 10 laps left to put the option tyres on and hammer it to the finish. Only for my pit team to put full wet tyres on my car for a bone dry track, they quickly degraded and it was like driving on ice.

Still very enjoyable and look forward to the next one(if I'm welcome back lol) I hope to be able to keep my car on the track then!

To the post above, I finished 9th out of 11, I was lapped twice (50% race distance) and I was lapping 4-5 seconds slower than the pace setters. Though I did have prime tyres on, even wet at some point.(I imagine they had option)

pined5551
10-02-2010, 10:45 PM
I came into the pits with 10 laps left to put the option tyres on and hammer it to the finish. Only for my pit team to put full wet tyres on my car for a bone dry track, they quickly degraded and it was like driving on ice.

Still very enjoyable and look forward to the next one(if I'm welcome back lol) I hope to be able to keep my car on the track then!

To the post above, I finished 9th out of 11, I was lapped twice (50% race distance) and I was lapping 4-5 seconds slower than the pace setters. Though I did have prime tyres on, even wet at some point.(I imagine they had option)

I must say, my two mates and I laughed quite uncontrollably when we heard you say this in the race chat! haha. I had to mute my mic i think for at least half a lap, lol.

My best laps were towards the end of the race and were with Primes (1:30.1), the added weight of fuel at the start of the race really slows you down so the Option tyres almost seemed wasted, (then again, we'd have all been even slower starting on Primes). The fuel made such a huge difference, i was doing 1.32's to start, after doing a 1.28 in qualifying, lol.

And yes, you're more than welcome back, as is everyone! :D

Noddee 1984
10-02-2010, 11:26 PM
great race. great banter. same time next week????? diff track

daenius
10-03-2010, 07:51 AM
I must say, my two mates and I laughed quite uncontrollably when we heard you say this in the race chat! haha. I had to mute my mic i think for at least half a lap, lol.

Lol same here. That was hilarious.
I was doing a pretty fast lap and all of a sudden, all I could hear was "NO! I WANT OPTIONS, NOT INTERMEDIATES! YOU IDIOTS!"

That made me screw up my fast lap because I had to laugh so hard, haha :D

My best laps were towards the end of the race and were with Primes (1:30.1), the added weight of fuel at the start of the race really slows you down so the Option tyres almost seemed wasted, (then again, we'd have all been even slower starting on Primes). The fuel made such a huge difference, i was doing 1.32's to start, after doing a 1.28 in qualifying, lol.

Yeah, it was insane. I was 2nd in qualifying and didn't break early enough for the first curve and lost 3 or 4 places.

Loved it though, fuel simulation and tyre wear made the race more competitive.

great race. great banter. same time next week????? diff track

I am not home on SAT next week, SUN would be fine with me.

I was going to propose a bi-weekly race, though.

What do you guys think about that?

o H i T M a N z
10-03-2010, 09:05 AM
I'm glad it turns out to be such a success!
How did it work out between speeddifferences? I mean things like: differences between laptimes, was the first guy lapping the last one, etc.

I think everybody was fairly similar, i think some of the guys at the front were managing 1:29 towards the end of the race, i was consistently doing 1:31 whereas the guys at the back where probably doing about 1:34.

I think the leader managed to lap up to 4th place ( Me ). I reckon i was only lapped though because i had to make 4 visits to the pit lane. 1 for damage on Lap 2 as i was hit at turn 1 :( 1 Tyre Change, 1 Unfair Drive-Through Penalty, because i overtook 2 cars stuck in the gravel after they collided, 1 damage repair with about 6 laps to go as i went full throttle round the last corner, my left rear slid across the curb and sent me nose first into the pit wall :(

LFC2K6
10-03-2010, 10:10 AM
Glad you all found it so funny! :p Although, when the wet tyres degraded I did find it funny how hard the car was to control!

I'm thinking my settings were off, for 2 reasons. 1st because I seemed to be spinning off at EVERY corner, now I know I'm not good at the game yet, but in single player I don't spin off nearly that much!
2nd, the car just didn't feel right, can't really explain it beyond that!

Sanction
10-03-2010, 06:38 PM
Could I be added to this? I'm looking to race more than my one friend online. I don't use any aids, except for partial traction control.

x13radx
10-03-2010, 06:53 PM
I would also be interested if there is any space for me?

Im getting tired of leading every race to just be rammed at the final turn and finish 4th. :(

LFC2K6
10-04-2010, 07:17 AM
To the guys who have asked to join...

If we get all the people back who were in the first x360a GP, there'd only be 1 space left for someone to join. So being that I don't think it's fair to pick and choose between you, it would be probably better to start up a second race of sorts.
All the people who missed out the first time could start a GP for themselves and if there is still spaces left over, invite people who were in the first?

It's just a thought...

Now to all those who were in the first one, would you rather see this as a weekly/bi-weekly or even multiple time a week event? I know most of you will have jobs and with Christmas coming, your hours are only likely to increase. However, the qualifying/race did only take just over an hour(I thought it would've been double!) so this could open it to becoming an option having one in the evening of a weekday.
The only problem I see with this is I'm not aware of peoples hours, and I imagine this would be very difficult for any Americans we have to join with the time difference, however if they have days were they are free, it could be a plan!

Just after peoples thoughts here :)

Noddee 1984
10-04-2010, 07:38 AM
if u do about 10pm gmt time shud be able to get most from across the water.

daenius
10-04-2010, 07:41 AM
Now to all those who were in the first one, would you rather see this as a weekly/bi-weekly or even multiple time a week event? I know most of you will have jobs and with Christmas coming, your hours are only likely to increase. However, the qualifying/race did only take just over an hour(I thought it would've been double!) so this could open it to becoming an option having one in the evening of a weekday.
The only problem I see with this is I'm not aware of peoples hours, and I imagine this would be very difficult for any Americans we have to join with the time difference, however if they have days were they are free, it could be a plan!

Just after peoples thoughts here :)

I think the best option, at least for now, is sticking to the 12-player GP.
If anyone wants to do another GP with 12 players, fine; but just as a piece of information in terms of logistics:

All 12 spaces of the GP were filled for Saturday, plus 6 reserves.

In the end, 4 of the people that were on the list for Saturday didn't even send me a message and just didn't show up, others had to cancel on short notice because something came up.

Luckily, I was able to get some of the reserves into the GP to fill it up to 11.

The thing is:

Out of 18 people that signed up for the GP, only 11 actually participated.

Since we now have a group of people that really enjoys racing each other we should, at least for the time being, stick to this group.

I am not going to set up a massive, 2 GP (24 player) championship that is going to run on a regular basis when people are just not showing up and I get stuck with sending messages to the reserves for 20 minutes and hope that we're going to fill the lineup - people really seem to forget how much work it is to set something like this up.

As long as I don't have the guarantee that we're going to have 24 people that are racing every week, I'm not going to put my time and efforts into creating a championship like that.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm thankful for every person interested in this thing, but the fact of the matter is:
out of 24 people, only 12-14 will actually show up to the races.

Maybe someone else could organise another 12-player GP - if that one takes off as well and there are another 12 players dedicated to this thing, we could actually think about doing a 24-player championship.

LFC2K6
10-04-2010, 07:46 AM
Maybe someone else could organise another 12-player GP - if that one takes off as well and there are another 12 players dedicated to this thing, we could actually think about doing a 24-player championship.

This is what I was getting at. With there only being the 1 space on the last GP which will probably be filled by the next one, I meant those who still want to participate in this kind of event go set another one up themselves and see how it goes.

I didn't mean I wanted you to do it all! I'm not cruel ;)

daenius
10-04-2010, 08:05 AM
I didn't mean I wanted you to do it all! I'm not cruel ;)

It's cool, man - I know you didn't ;)

I just felt I had to share my thoughts on this matter... another GP really seems like the best way to see if there's another 12 people wanting to do this as much as we do :)

Noddee 1984
10-04-2010, 08:20 AM
well am up for another race on mid week if anyones up for it. cud do one tonite???? anyone interested?????

all welcome i will set it up cud say 8pm?????

LFC2K6
10-04-2010, 09:29 AM
well am up for another race on mid week if anyones up for it. cud do one tonite???? anyone interested?????

I'd be up for one tonight :)

daenius
10-04-2010, 09:36 AM

count me in!

o H i T M a N z
10-04-2010, 12:03 PM
I would say yes for tonight but i have to be finished by 8pm, so if im too take part it would need to start around 6pm GMT :(

Fifty Two
10-04-2010, 02:19 PM
ill try to be there. i signed up on the race for tonight forum.

Noddee 1984
10-04-2010, 03:08 PM
am doin it at 8pm cause i have to bath and put ma son to bed first sorry man

daenius
10-04-2010, 03:41 PM
on another note:

does anyone remember the exact standings after last week's GP?

I know Noddee won it, Pined 2nd, myself 3rd, Hitman 4th, but the rest?

Noddee 1984
10-04-2010, 03:49 PM
on another note:

nah it was pined 1st me second daeunis 3rd hitman 4th not sure about the rest

LFC2K6
10-04-2010, 03:51 PM
on another note:

I came 9th, one guy quit so he got 11th, I believe crazy BigGaz was behind me in 10th.
Infront of me I'm not 100% sure, but I think abspur x360a was ahead of me and overtook derektaylor84 near the end, so abspur x360a came 7th and derektaylor84 came 8th.

Not 100% but that's how I remember it.

o H i T M a N z
10-04-2010, 04:00 PM
Pretty sure that guy Myth FTW came 5th just behind me

NUFC_Matty
10-04-2010, 04:28 PM
Pretty sure that guy Myth FTW came 5th just behind me

I sure did :)

Fifty Two
10-04-2010, 07:59 PM
i am the 1 that got out of the game early. i was f-in pissed at it and turned it off. then i was like "oh snap! i shouldve said something!" lol