PDA

View Full Version : Pit lane conspiracy?

Flyzer007
09-26-2010, 11:40 AM
Hey guys,

since a few races I got the impression that my crew doesn't want me to win. I'm not such a great racer but yesterday I managed to get pole position in Istanbul, Turkey. In the race I took the lead and managed to maintain the advantage till my first pit stop. Usually the crew takes about 4-5 sec to finish the stop but not in that circumstances. The crew was ready after 4 sec but the lollipop idiot made me wait 20 sec! In other words he let everyone pass and I returned on the circuit as 24th.

Anyone experienced the same issue? I really noticed that when I am driving in the last rows the pit stop is normal but when I am better than Lotus is supposed to be they impede me to win :/

lenny m
09-26-2010, 11:48 AM
i havent had that in the race but when i was 7th in quali with 5 mins left, i was held up for about 1 minute

tgas416
09-26-2010, 11:50 AM
thats traffic he can't let you out when cars are passing by.

f1ferrari
09-26-2010, 11:50 AM
it's a bug.

Flyzer007
09-26-2010, 11:54 AM

And how do you manage that? By changing the pit stop stratagy, going in a bit earlier to avoid others? Because otherwise everyone would have this problem and I hardly believe that no one complains about it?!

Sweenaldo 1985
09-26-2010, 12:01 PM
I've had this too, two out of my three career races.

The way I got around it was to wait for them to say "come in this lap".

When they say that, stay out an extra lap but press Y to request a pitstop as soon as you pass the line.

This seemed to sort it for me.

will hughes
09-26-2010, 12:02 PM
Thing is, is that the AI cars can go through you like ghost cars, but you can't go through them and you get f**ked over. It annoys me :(

tgas416
09-26-2010, 12:15 PM
And how do you manage that? By changing the pit stop stratagy, going in a bit earlier to avoid others? Because otherwise everyone would have this problem and I hardly believe that no one complains about it?!
ya pretty much, but in my opinion pitting is the worst part in this game i dont know if you noticed when entering the pit with other cars that are behind you they try into ghost cars and just pass you. this kill the pitting strategy because even if you were first to pit you will be last to exit. hopefully they fix this bug.

HardkorePrawn
09-26-2010, 12:52 PM
The lower teams have the last pit boxes, therefore as cars come out of their pit boxes, you have to wait for them to pass. Not a bug as such, just the way it is.

Bazajaytee
09-26-2010, 01:30 PM

Could have been time penalty too for dangerous driving.

DeafSunchaser
09-26-2010, 01:47 PM
when u get told to pit... dont do it! i always leave the pitting til 2 or 3 laps from the end! :)

gouldie25
09-26-2010, 01:52 PM
There must be traffic coming down pit lane so he can't realise you. I had the same problem in another race!

JDAckers
09-26-2010, 02:09 PM
If you are doing a 20% Grand Prix - before the race, go to your tyre guy, and change the pit strategy to pit in nearer the end of the race. In my last race (Turkey) I was the only one left that was left the pit, entered 1st and left 1st :)

Flyzer007
09-26-2010, 02:34 PM
Ok, now it makes sense. Thank you guys ^^

HardkorePrawn
09-26-2010, 03:15 PM
By the way people, you do know you can alter your pit strategy in the Tyres section in the garage?

Chris261287
09-26-2010, 05:35 PM
This^, its a rule in the real world too. i had to wait but too but there were 7-8 cars all close together, not a chance to pull out without being hit.

it's a bug.
LMAO

malcher
09-26-2010, 06:18 PM
Actually, there is a well known bug with pitstops. If many racers pit at the same time, then the ones entering first have to wait till the rest pass by (even though there is enough distance between cars to let them go). It is documented and discussed at codemasters forum http://community.codemasters.com/forum/f1-2010-game-1316/428943-pit-stop-issue.html

Matt x360a
09-26-2010, 09:05 PM
u idiots, there are rules in f1 that say u have to be certain distances from others in the pit lane, so he cant let u go till its cleared, theres no bug, this is wat f1 is, its ur fault for pitting at a stupid time, choose ur times carefully, know where ur opponents are

xLMx1994
09-26-2010, 09:13 PM
u idiots, there are rules in f1 that say u have to be certain distances from others in the pit lane, so he cant let u go till its cleared, theres no bug, this is wat f1 is, its ur fault for pitting at a stupid time, choose ur times carefully, know where ur opponents are

your right and wrong. yes its a rule and a rule that is and should be in the game. but it is a bug becuase even if there is a car the other side of the pitlane (behind you) and still in having their pitstop you cant be released untill they go past.

kornfan2007
09-26-2010, 10:36 PM

Nice to see you calling people idiots when you have no clue on what bug they are referring to. In the real F1 they let the cars out into gaps between the cars. In the game they don't. If there is one car behind you that has left their pit crew then you are held back, even if the car is it the start of the pit lane and you are at the end of it. That is the bug

skribla
09-26-2010, 10:44 PM

Actually the devs have said it's a bug to do with the cautious proximity of the pit lollipop man.

They said best way to get around it was pit a lap before or after the race strategy, to minimise the number of cars in the pit lane

Scholesy22
09-26-2010, 11:40 PM
your right and wrong. yes its a rule and a rule that is and should be in the game. but it is a bug becuase even if there is a car the other side of the pitlane (behind you) and still in having their pitstop you cant be released untill they go past.

Spot on. I've also been having this problem but I haven't tried changing the strategy so I will be doing this for the next race to see if it makes the difference that ppl are saying.

Its a worse feeling online when this happens lol, drove in a Lotus in my last GP, guy in McClaren came in the pit same time behind me yet I had to wait around 15 seconds just so that he could go! :(

HardkorePrawn
09-27-2010, 10:03 AM
Actually the devs have said it's a bug to do with the cautious proximity of the pit lollipop man.
Yet it sees fit to release cars from the end of the pitlane right into your path during practice and qualifying, which would not happen in real life.

Flyzer007
09-27-2010, 10:07 AM
In fact, I changed the strategy yesterday and didn't experience this issue again.
In Montreal I started from pole position, I stayed three more laps out, came in and after I exit the pit lane I was still first. In Valencia I started as 18th and I came in one lap before the suggested pit stop. I exit as 17th but one to two laps later everyone else was pitting so I finally got on 5th position ^^

@Alabastermatt: As a F1 fan for many years I know everything concerning rules. The issue was that in real the window between the one and the other exiting the pit lane is much littler than it is the case in the game. I don't understand why I have to wait for all other cars to pass me when I'm the first entering the pit lane and definately being the first finished with the pit stop. It's kinda ridiculous that I have to wait, looking back and see others just entering the pit lane and leaving the pit before me!

PrettyAverage
09-27-2010, 12:09 PM
I've had it many times, driving for red bull in career at the minute and if i pit and anyone else comes into pit and gets anywhere near the point where the pit limiter kicks in I have to wait being second in the pit lane, the car can be realeased from behind me no problem though, I just have to wait.

They really need to fix this, on 20% race distance and with tyre simulation on, when playing on professional AI difficulty you can't afford to stay out an extra lap when your tyres are going off because you lose a lot of time. Especially when playing with a controller instead of a steering wheel its hard to be smooth to save the tyres. Pitting earlier isn't much better because the 2nd set of tyres start to go off towards to end of the race and you still lose a lot of time.

The only fix I have found so far is to turn off tyre simulation and just pit on the next to last lap so no one else is pitting at the same time

D FUSIONITE
09-27-2010, 01:58 PM
it's yet another bug out out of a ton of bugs and glitches that need to be fixed asap. Here are the others i or my friend's have experienced - The racing line sometimes disappearing mid race during online and offline races, the sound of the engines going really quiet mid race, players getting kicked mid race, or being unable to join games at all (even though their connection is fine on other games), the pit stop bug as discussed above, getting a time penalty when another driver hits you and it's not your fault but then not getting one when you cause an accident (my friend managed to purposely ram 6 cars off the road during a career race with no penalties, but then he got hit from behind by another driver and got a penalty), the screen freezing when entering or exiting the pit lane or during the race online and off, the game save file corrupting if you quit out of a practice at shanghai meaning you have to start all over again, the game not showing as being played to your online friends (it just says your online but not which game you are playing), the game not showing up as being played on the xbox.com forums. And i am sure there are others too, it's a bloody belting game but a real shame that there are so many issues, let's just hope they get fixed soon!

dancingtornado
09-27-2010, 05:35 PM
Yeah this must be bugged.. coz im really pissed off atm. First race i was in 1st by skin of my teeth got called in.. i had to wait for every car to leave before i could came out in 24th from 1st to 24th.. thanks virgin pit crew.