PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have any tips for Vulture Combo Platinum or Sandman Speed Platinum?

CalacaDeMuerto
09-26-2010, 04:39 PM
I've gone through both levels multiple times, and I'm having the hardest time getting those two medals.

Vulture's combo is the worst...I can get like 18,750, but I just can't break 19k.

BillyKlyde
09-26-2010, 06:18 PM
I have the same problem on Mysterio's level. I think if you die and restart from a checkpoint, the combo points you earned before dying stay. I don't know for sure but I've been meaning to test that theory.

Density Jo
09-26-2010, 07:03 PM
for vulture, use eight legged fury combo, for sandman, try and kill the boss quick then web zip/swing to the next areas...

miGu sama
09-26-2010, 10:46 PM
Like Density Jo mentioned, Eight Legged Fury will help you get your combo rating higher. Having said that, don't spam the move. Instead, insert Eight Legged Fury every so often as the move of choice to finish enemies off. Use the charge attacks and the crowd control moves (i.e., Noir Gust) to add variety.

In the Sandman level, if you're having trouble getting a Platinum ranking for time, just remember that there are a lot of fights that you can skip (i.e., when you have to tip the water tower, just go ahead and tip it --- you don't have to fight the sand creatures or the sand golem).

Aquaman6686
09-26-2010, 11:20 PM
In the Sandman level, if you're having trouble getting a Platinum ranking for time, just remember that there are a lot of fights that you can skip (i.e., when you have to tip the water tower, just go ahead and tip it --- you don't have to fight the sand creatures or the sand golem).

this. Skipping those few fights shaves several minutes off your time.

CalacaDeMuerto
09-27-2010, 03:37 AM
for vulture, use eight legged fury combo, for sandman, try and kill the boss quick then web zip/swing to the next areas...

I'm gonna just throw this out there...I love you :woop:

21,250 after going through Vulture's level with that Eight Legged Fury combo.

Thank you so much.

phobzy85
09-27-2010, 09:05 AM
I was constantly using x,x, hold y, x, x, y, x / x,x, hold y, x,x, b (grab), y (smash) juggling between those 2 per enemy and averaging at 27,000 combo points at the end.

It's possible to skip a lot of battles too. Still getting high points, i'm pretty sure the score is devalued on an average basis. So keep up the good combo's.

Anywhere where you can skip, don't concentrate on killing them, run like the wind. You gain more than enough points on the parts where you are forced to fight.

Density Jo
09-27-2010, 12:04 PM
I'm gonna just throw this out there...I love you :woop:

21,250 after going through Vulture's level with that Eight Legged Fury combo.

Thank you so much.

you're welcome, that move is a life saver:beer: