PDA

View Full Version : AI Difficulty

DAYTONAMIKE
09-26-2010, 04:44 PM
now what I don't like about this is you can't say set the AI difficulty to say Hard/Expert and then select what driving assists you want on/off, it's either Hard with all assists off or Medium with as many as you want on. Now I can actually drive with all assists off and my laptimes at the moment are only 3 seconds down compared to me driving with assists on as I'm not fully used to it and no traction control is suicide sometimes haha. Codemasters have probably done this so the expert achievement is tougher, but with no assists it could be borderline impossible.

Shelton
09-26-2010, 04:54 PM
now what I don't like about this is you can't say set the AI difficulty to say Hard/Expert and then select what driving assists you want on/off, it's either Hard with all assists off or Medium with as many as you want on. Now I can actually drive with all assists off and my laptimes at the moment are only 3 seconds down compared to me driving with assists on as I'm not fully used to it and no traction control is suicide sometimes haha. Codemasters have probably done this so the expert achievement is tougher, but with no assists it could be borderline impossible.

Um, you can select what assists you want on and the difficulty of the AI. Granted, it will invalidate the expert achievement if you change these things, but in general, if you just want to race for a bit of fun and not for the full sim experience, it is better to customise the difficulty. Before a race (in your trailer), select difficulty, scroll to the bottom and you can change the AI settings. Up top is the assists.

DAYTONAMIKE
09-26-2010, 06:13 PM
Um, you can select what assists you want on and the difficulty of the AI. Granted, it will invalidate the expert achievement if you change these things, but in general, if you just want to race for a bit of fun and not for the full sim experience, it is better to customise the difficulty. Before a race (in your trailer), select difficulty, scroll to the bottom and you can change the AI settings. Up top is the assists.
I'm an idiot, thanks.