PDA

View Full Version : Can you do the Flick Spin?

GWilly41
09-26-2010, 04:45 PM
Ok in real life when a guy is facing the wrong way they do that great first gear spin to get the car around. Can it be done in game? I'm driving manual with a controller.

f1ferrari
09-26-2010, 05:37 PM
Yep, not quite as smooth and as quick as RL but yeah I have no problem doing that.

DeafSunchaser
09-26-2010, 09:12 PM
can be done .. but i cant do it lol but my 9 year old son can :S

Varrik296
09-26-2010, 09:24 PM
You can do it, however it works best with traction control off. To do it you can either just go full throttle but stay in first gear and try turn yourself around. Or you can do what works for me sometimes and rev loads in 2nd gear then change down a gear while turning

headshed101
09-26-2010, 10:06 PM
I can do it, not as brilliantly as they do in RL but it can be done. In RL F1 cars don't have a reverse gear but it's nice to know that holding the LT down can out of a wall!

JKSullivan
09-27-2010, 01:27 AM
I can do it, not as brilliantly as they do in RL but it can be done. In RL F1 cars don't have a reverse gear but it's nice to know that holding the LT down can out of a wall!

Actually, in RL F1 cars are _required_ to have a reverse gear. Alonso used his this weekend, right before his car died in practice . . . .

Gyllen Drage
09-27-2010, 01:30 AM

The F1 tech regs say that cars must have between 4 and 7 forward gears, plus a reverse gear, so F1 cars do have reverse gears, even if they don't use them because spinning round is faster in pretty much every case, the only time I have ever seen a F1 car in reverse is at monaco in the early 2000's backing out of the escape road at the chicane just past the tunnel.

headshed101
09-27-2010, 08:43 AM
The F1 tech regs say that cars must have between 4 and 7 forward gears, plus a reverse gear, so F1 cars do have reverse gears, even if they don't use them because spinning round is faster in pretty much every case, the only time I have ever seen a F1 car in reverse is at monaco in the early 2000's backing out of the escape road at the chicane just past the tunnel.

I stand corrected! Never knew they had one. Just assumed they didn't as you never see them reverse and they are always pushed backwards into the garage during practice, qualifying etc.

HardkorePrawn
09-27-2010, 10:07 AM

Reverse isn't used as the amount of lock on a standard F1 car is tiny - that's why they use a different steering rack for Monaco.

Masterbelg
09-28-2010, 07:01 PM
Didn't knew that about the reverse gear in RL,
but back to topic:
Can you do the 180 spin also with an automatic gearbox?
Because you guys talk about keeping 'm into 1st gear but with an automatic it might change by itself into second gear

lenny m
09-28-2010, 07:05 PM
I done it when I span on the grass in Brazil. I was just gonna spin on the grass on the other side of the track but very surprised I managed to do this on track

Gyllen Drage
09-28-2010, 07:50 PM
I stand corrected! Never knew they had one. Just assumed they didn't as you never see them reverse and they are always pushed backwards into the garage during practice, qualifying etc.

As I said in the last 17+ years of watching F1 I can only ever remember seeing it once or twice, and that was at monaco

Scholesy22
09-28-2010, 09:59 PM
Didn't knew that about the reverse gear in RL,
but back to topic:
Can you do the 180 spin also with an automatic gearbox?
Because you guys talk about keeping 'm into 1st gear but with an automatic it might change by itself into second gear

Ye u can do it with auto gears aswell, I dont see no difficulty in doing it in all honesty, best thing to do when ur racing online and u get some kid ram the majority of the cars into each other at the 1st bend -_-