PDA

View Full Version : slightly off topic BUT

Oldtimer606
09-26-2010, 08:58 PM
ive been playing games since space invaders and never had any trouble. But i can only play this for a hour or so till i get a headache.
i dont know if its because ive got the the racing line on screen or the red/white curbs flashing by me. Or it could be the total emersion needed to get round the track.
Ive played forza 3 for hours and that doesnt effect me.
Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem.
ps. please dont say its my age

DeafSunchaser
09-26-2010, 09:15 PM
hmmm i dont have this problem BUT 2 of my friends have mention that they going of line or having a break coz of headaches,
Hmm interesting tho!

massive183
09-27-2010, 11:50 AM
ive been playing games since space invaders and never had any trouble. But i can only play this for a hour or so till i get a headache.
i dont know if its because ive got the the racing line on screen or the red/white curbs flashing by me. Or it could be the total emersion needed to get round the track.
Ive played forza 3 for hours and that doesnt effect me.
Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem.
ps. please dont say its my age

daft question but are you playing this in a dark room ie on a night with not lights on

if so there is the problem turn on a desk lamp and stick it facing to a wall , basically your eyes cant cope with the darkness and then bright light off the tv worth a try i found it helps but not had a problem with lights on at all

pined5551
09-27-2010, 03:20 PM
I actually have the same problem. Although i pegged it down to not drinking enough water and having not looked at a TV sceen in months due to being away on an expidition recently, thus not being used to it. Like me, are you sitting alarmingly close to the TV? lol.

DeafSunchaser
09-27-2010, 03:30 PM
lmao!!!! turns out my mate bought the 42 inch and sitting like a couple feet aways! lol

Oldtimer606
09-27-2010, 06:53 PM
Ummmm ive also got a 42" plasma and in only 2 metres away, but its never affected me before, i usualy play with a lamp on when its dark
thanks for the replies

stormoss81
09-27-2010, 06:57 PM
i have problems and i have a 45" LCD HDTV Samsung. i always play in the dark and im very close to the screen.

DAYTONAMIKE
09-27-2010, 06:58 PM
I wouldn't say I get a headache but due to the sheer concentration my eyes start to water a bit and I have to have some sort of break.

f1ferrari
09-27-2010, 07:06 PM
I think you brain is reacting like it would with a strobe light, just think in and out of corners like in Melbourne one sec wall, next second nothing, constant flashes and flickers might be annoying you, with out realising it, resulting in the headaches.
I have a Pan 46" Plasma sit about 4" away and get gentle headaches, very quickly pass.